test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Revamp Leadership, Please!

badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
Are you ever going to do something about leadership? I know that AD's aren't coming back but, right now we've got higher lever tasks that give less rewards that lower lever tasks, rare tasks that give less rewards than common tasks and no consistency when leveling. Please just give us a reasonable progression with rewards.

Comments

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    I am using leadership as xp booster for non-70 alts.Refinement farm as level 70s. Nothing worthwhile otherwise
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Leadership's the only profession I use across all my toons. As mentioned already, the RP you can gerenrate between 2x events is pretty decent. If they could add some extra tasks rewarding resonance bags then that would just cap it off.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    After your leadership reaches level 25 (or 24), you won't really care about leveling reward inconsistent issue. You will just do the more or less same set of tasks every time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    What I fail to understand is why they award Profession XP for level 25 tasks. Currently the Leadership Level 25 task - Battle Elemental Cultists - offers 250 Profession XP.

Why? I am at MAX level. Offering extra Profession XP is pointless.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

What I fail to understand is why they award Profession XP for level 25 tasks. Currently the Leadership Level 25 task - Battle Elemental Cultists - offers 250 Profession XP.

Because it mattered when professions capped at 20 and they put that up to 25, means they don't have to rewrite the old tasks if and when they push it to 30.

• Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Honestly, Leadership is in a good place right now. It has tasks that provide you with a small amount of items of worth and the only issue if any is the time the profession it takes to level.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'd like to see the bags and boxes bound to account instead of character. It would be nice from an inventory perspective to open all leadership rewards on one character!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I'm finally approaching Leadership level 24 after about 4-5 months running 9 projects on two of my characters. Without Gateway it certainly limits how quickly or often one is able to refresh various projects; while I understand why it was removed I'd welcome 1 or 2 new projects or a few refreshed.

I agree with others that stated it be nice to see the Rare projects offer slightly better rewards... 66% of the time most projects only seem to drop minor stones even though even though they require 8-16hrs to run depending on the quality of professional. As for Rare or Epic Chests they really shouldn't even drop rank 3 and Epic Chests shouldn't drop rank 4 enchants as those should be R5 even if a few less given.

Still Leadership is one of the more rewarding professions which doesn't really say much for other professions sadly, even without the direct AD earning that previously existed. I'd greatly welcome a few enhantments or updates and am always hoping they either enhance projects or the reward chances with each mod.

Many updates could likely be made to all professions I just I worked at Cryptic and was a player advocate. <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Generally speaking crafting/professions isn't great in Neverwinter and most of the stuff you can churn out is a bit pointless. I actually stopped bothering with any of the Professions until I discovered how useful Alchemy and Leadership are. I think a long hard look at SWTOR crafting professions would be well worthwhile for the devs.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

You are at MAX Leadership level NOW, but once upon a time the Crafting MAX level was 20 and had crafting xp. This xp was used when the MAX level raised to 25, just as the xp will be used when the level is raised to 30 and beyond.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    As suggested several times since The Gateway was removed... just throw the old companion equipment into the loottable of those Enchanted Coffers, that would be a nice upgrade to Leadership.
    And considering how low the chances are to get something good from those coffers, i'd dare to say it wouldn't be too much either.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Excluding Masterworks, Leadership is the only profession of continuous worth.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

Jewelcrafting if one wants to produce a lot of gem to fulfill the recent gem shortage of SH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

weaponsmithing & artificing produce elemental weapons which continue to sell in the 75k - 100k AD range
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2017

They should have replaced the AD with something else when they took it out, but they did not.

They actually did in most cases. Either AD was replaced with character experience (there's a general ratio, but I'd have to dig into the old and new values and I don't have time atm) or if the task formerly produced a box and AD, the box was often upgraded to the next tier of box.

The rewards are still disproportionate, a lot of the old leadership resources aren't particularly worth using because they still effectively result in boxes of garbage (pretty much any task at rank 20 and under), and a lot of leadership tasks are aimed at gathering those resources to feed into subsequent tasks so the entire structure there is busted.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You know - I forgot Jewelcrafting can make gem crates, we hit GH20 so long ago. I'll have to post a reminder for the guys :wink:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    I just wish Leadership wasn't always awarding minor resonance stones/thau/power/stability/union stones it seems 66% of the time. There are very few uncommon let alone rare assets to boost the quality improvement chance of drops in many of the long running missions.

It would be nice to see a bit of an improvement made to Leadership but often it's a double edge sword... increase the rewards too much has the potential to make the rewards you currently get worth less. B)
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Leadership rewards should be better, that's for sure. Since the AD removal, e only do LS tasks to get RP...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Maybe allow leadership to doing repeatable campaing quest for player. Limited only to quest who done by character previously (not allowed quest who player never ended) and one quest for campaign - 10-20h coldown?
  • Options
    szerevax said:

Maybe allow leadership to doing repeatable campaing quest for player. Limited only to quest who done by character previously (not allowed quest who player never ended) and one quest for campaign - 10-20h coldown?

Are you asking them to give you a in game bot without being a bot? :)
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    The thing that has no sense anymore is that leadership is the only profession that you cant do more than 3 times each task at the time. When it was an AD source I get it, but now at least they should allow players to get whatever refinement they need considering is the only usefull thing to do with that profession. If the devs are truely worried about bots, pick any task just for getting a refinement even if you dont need it its a much more "bot like" behaviour than focusing on get what you need for your toon.
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    What would be kind of cool, and fit into the "Leadership" role would be to add tasks which raise the % rare chance for all other tasks running. It would be like a shop foreman pushing the crafters to do a better job. something like a 12hr task, any project started during the task would have an extra (10%?) chance at better results.
  • Options
    tomiotar said:

The thing that has no sense anymore is that leadership is the only profession that you cant do more than 3 times each task at the time. When it was an AD source I get it, but now at least they should allow players to get whatever refinement they need considering is the only usefull thing to do with that profession. If the devs are truely worried about bots, pick any task just for getting a refinement even if you dont need it its a much more "bot like" behaviour than focusing on get what you need for your toon.

No, leadership is not the only profession that you can't do more than 3 times each task at the time.
    All the profession has that limitation. However, certain task in those profession are excluded such as resource gathering tasks. For making stuff such as ring, you can only do 3 at any given time.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The limitation with Leadership is most noticeable because it's encountered while trying to level up the profession. Something that does not exists with Platesmith, Mailsmith, Jewelcraft, Artificing, Tailoring, etc... as you can run up to 9 of the same projects to gather resources and gain XP over the next 4-8hrs.

But your correct if your running a project in any profession to produce something other than acquiring resources like crafting an item the 3 project limit applies to them all.

One thing that would be nice to see in Leadership is the ability to earn more, Uncommon or even Rare Armor or Weapons if not from lockboxes then via other means.

They rarely if ever appear in lockboxes and almost never awarded. I think you'd be lucky to see 1 or even 2 of the uncommon infantry weapons for Leadership if any at all. Worse yet I don't know if they even help improve items in any of those Rare bags or Rare, or Epic chests at all... often most items only drop minor stones 2/3rd of the time and even Epic Chests aren't worth running often to simply earn a few R3 or R4 enchants cause once an artifact is Epic even a R5 barely makes a noticeable difference and you still have a long way to go to Legendary and then even further to Mythic.

I'd be happy to just see a few more uncommon stones or chests rewards or at least r5 enchants especially for Epic chests. Given you can only run 3 of any one type of project and many take 8-16hrs so many aren't like to run more than 9 projects in a given day.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    the uncommon infantry weapons existence is an error, they don't do anything to help your rates at all and are functionally identical to the white version. And it is better that leadership doesn't have tiered success rates. I hate that aspect of crafting other stuff with a passion and love that leadership offers a set rate of return with no stupid RNG
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    Except for the RNG on your chances of getting a minor, uncommon or rare stone. Generally 2/3rd or more are often all minor stones which given most take 8-16hrs on average and you limited to 3 project types at once that could be improved a little more including some enchants with Rare or Epic Chests.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    To simplify - increase the rewards right? A task that takes 16 hours should give at least a half decent reward - minimum blue stone, 8 hour tasks minimum green stone,