test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a Great Weapon Sword that looks good...

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
My GWF has suffered neglect over the months, partly for me not having the resources to make a sixth tier character much more than a one trick pony, but equally cos, and I'm sorry to say this... his choice of weapons seems to be uglier than a mooning fell troll.

Can anyone point me towards a sword that doesn't taper and look like an enormous metal cheese wedge?
A blade that begins at the hilt fairly narrow and is just straight... like a ruddy big claymore, or something.
I appreciate that heft signifies "great" but they just look so ugly... I don't care if its a green L5 piece of HAMSTER, I'm just after the skin.

Any suggestions would be "great"ly appreciated... (sorry...)

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Most of the "regular" main-hands up to 70 looks like normal, looooooong claymores, look in the AH for any lvl 60-70 mh-sword and preview it, iirc most look pretty normal...

*edit*

If you look at the low level versions, +2, +3 and so on, they have really clean, sleek looks, if that's what you're after.
    Post edited by mightyeriksson on
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    the elk tribe axe looks amazing and there are sword transmogs in the great weapons fighter pack and behemoth pack in the Zen store
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Does it have to be a greatsword? There are a few other "weapon" appearances that GWF can use. You can get a Scythe from the summer event. You can also get mauls from certain events.

Honestly, your best bet might be to look on the AH at all the various weapons, but that will take some time and effort to find them all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Yeah, even the lower level swords still look a bit fat. Been trawling through a lot of the GWF options and think I might look at a hammer or axe, the hafts on those are pretty slim and there are some where the heads aren't over sized.

I've been using the Weapons of Water trident, but getting fed up of it now.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I dunno what "exactly" you're looking for, but the Titansteel Claymore seems to be pretty close to what you're describing.

If you decide to pick it up, I wouldn't use that as a transmute, as that's a pretty good weapon in its own right.

That looks quite nice...
    Sadly, my GWF is about as ancillary as a sixth character can be and still get played, so it will be a long time before he has the goods for one of those.

Quick question on Mastercrafting... can guilds without an artisan use alliance artisans?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Yes, you can use alliance artisans.

You can also just flat out buy the weapon off the AH which saves you the headache.

Another weapon I thought of with a description you described is the Headsman's Greataxe. It's just thin enough that it doesn't look like you're compensating for anything, but large enough that it still is sort of a BFA (RIP Thayan Zealot Greataxe Q_Q).

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The Waukeen greatsword is a skinny thing. Colour scheme is garish, but a weapon enchant covers most of that anyway.

The drawback is that you need to collect coins for it during the Waukeen event, but can buy with a main for an alt. Like most event skins, they're BoA. This event is scheduled soon for PC, so maybe consoles have it upcoming too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Tiefling Greatsword is a nice slim blade but you can only get it from Straight to Helm event vendor or randomly from Winterfest. It is a free transmute.

If you are willing to consider something less straight, the Redcap blade from the Sharandar store looks good IMO, sort of a khopesh design. It can be bought with Crescents, can be purchased on another character BtA, and is also a free transmute.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I'd forgotten about the Sharandar stuff... my TR loves his...
    I think that's the one that looks a bit like a Dothraki sword isn't it?

Hmmmmmmm.............
  • greatonex#1309 greatonex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I love my sledgehammer. Just fun to kill something hen IBS right on their head with a sledgehammer lol
  • dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Don't forget about the transmutes in the transmute shop in Mantol Derith.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I use the Orc club. Not sure what's it 'proper' name is. Looks like a baseball bat with nails through it.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My TOP 3 handsdown:

1. Unhallowed Greatsword (Mod5)
    2. Tiefling Greatsword (events)
    3. Great Weapon's Goring Greatsword (Booster Pack)
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)