test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On your class, if you could change just one thing...

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
If you could change just just one power/feat on your class, what would you do?

For me on my Paladin, I'd tweak the feat Radiant Champion [When you have at least 2 other allies within 30' of you, all of you gain 5/10/15/20/25% more movement speed and 1/2/3/4/5% Cooldown Reduction]. Currently it only works in combat - I'd make it work both in and out of combat. The reason is purely a QoL thing - teams like to run quickly between mobs in dungeons and unlike the GF, the OP has no means of hurrying them along!
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

If you could change just just one power/feat on your class, what would you do?

For me on my Paladin, I'd tweak the feat Radiant Champion [When you have at least 2 other allies within 30' of you, all of you gain 5/10/15/20/25% more movement speed and 1/2/3/4/5% Cooldown Reduction]. Currently it only works in combat - I'd make it work both in and out of combat. The reason is purely a QoL thing - teams like to run quickly between mobs in dungeons and unlike the GF, the OP has no means of hurrying them along!

I usually leave some trash so I'm in fight bit longer (I use it on my gwf for Battle Fury setup). In most dungeon if you don't kill everything you will be in combat most of the time. The problem is when team is hurrying too much, leave their OP and OP will lost speed bonus (you need 2 allies for that) and everyone will run slower in general and OP will have problems keeping up with the team.

What would I change in my class? I play as DC. I' happy with our buffs and everything but most of the heroic feats looks bad compared to other classes. 0.2...1% power as crit for example ;) It needs some love.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yep this is why I've recently bought a mount with Gladiator's Guile... it does help but 'team utility' is what the class is all about so maintaining that group boost would help all classes in the group that don't have sprint mechanics.

I completely agree on the DC's Initiate of the Faith btw - it's totally useless.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    On HR I would remove Thorned roots from the trapper tree and increase the base damage of all HR powers to compensate. Then I would remove Master Trapper bonus damage and replace it with a feat taking the place of Thorned roots (say 5/10/15/20/25%) extra damage with encounter powers or something similar - currently it's basically 30% with a very high uptime).

This will increase the damage of combat and archer (as base damage for all powers goes up) and free Trapper from being a slave of rooting powers, giving it more flexibility.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Yea... Gladiator's Guile which is either 15% or 18% I believe depending if the mount is Rare or Epic is a noticeable speed increase I try to use on every one of my toons.

While Epic mounts like Strider or the Clydsdale offer a +2000 movement boost that alone only represents about a 5.5% movement boost unless slotted with High Ranked Dark Enchantments in all Utility slots. Although when combined together especially for players who have earned all their power points it is a nice QoL enchantment.

But I do share a few Palladin wishes it would be nice to see Justice paladin's obtain something more similar to Bulwark's 150' to my side speed boost. Justice has something that can move players along a bit faster but the aura is only 30 perhaps 40' if the extended auras is supported for that feat but requires at least 2 players or all stay close to gain the benefit.

I know many PUG's often only allow one Tank which is unfortunate, often a GF & Pally working together can greatly compliment each other if properly supported by a Cleric and 1 or 2 DPS classes.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    GWF: cast daring shout without stopping the movement of the character.
    DC: faster at-will
    SW: faster daily casting
    OP: make the bubble to be useful again. Say, last a few seconds longer and with the trade off of (say) only 50% to 80% protection.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    As a protection OP, I would change Relentless Avenger from doing knock back to doing knock down so it can be used in a party.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I would trade CW teleport for ANY faster travel power.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I would make tr stealth a toggle. On off at will as long as you have stealth meter remaining
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Bring back moving while casting for CW's... oh the fun it was back in early testing. I know, I know... but still, I do miss it greatly.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Bring back storm spell crits....be right back with popcorn.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Bring mod 9 TC back for SW :)
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    tom#6998 said:

Bring mod 9 TC back for SW :)

Check preview tom...some circumstances can bring the mod 9 SW back :)

BTT:

GWF = Give sprint immunity for 1 secound

edited July 2017
    > @spideymt said:
    > Bring mod 9 TC back for SW :)
    >
    > Check preview tom...some circumstances can bring the mod 9 SW back :)
    >
    > BTT:
    >
    > GWF = Give sprint immunity for 1 secound

Hmm? Havent seen changes to SW on preview.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2017

On HR I would remove Thorned roots from the trapper tree and increase the base damage of all HR powers to compensate. Then I would remove Master Trapper bonus damage and replace it with a feat taking the place of Thorned roots (say 5/10/15/20/25%) extra damage with encounter powers or something similar - currently it's basically 30% with a very high uptime).

This will increase the damage of combat and archer (as base damage for all powers goes up) and free Trapper from being a slave of rooting powers, giving it more flexibility.

or they could leave trapper the way it is, other than fixing a few of the remaining bugs. Combat does enough damage to make it viable. archery tree they could redo.. on it's own.. nothing to do with the other trees. some of us LIKE being trappers. it's great the way it is. People talk about being viable for buff debuff as archery (they aren't really though) they could redo it to make it viable to be buff debuff with archery. or maybe making the roots actually viable as a controller class with archery.

aspect of the pack needs fixing. orcus set to work with roots, needs fixing. seekers vengeance needs fixing. trapper tree is awesome as is though.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
    tom#6998 said:

If the rumours are true they messed some things up when they changed the new arp system. Atm they are just rumours. No one will verify that, till mod 12 is live. So lets wait and see. I cant write anymore specific. I dont wanna break the forum rules. Sry, tom.

edited July 2017
    > @spideymt said:
    > Hmm? Havent seen changes to SW on preview.
    >
    > If the rumours are true they messed some things up when they changed the new arp system. Atm they are just rumours. No one will verify that, till mod 12 is live. So lets wait and see. I cant write anymore specific. I dont wanna break the forum rules. Sry, tom.

If you are talking about the changes to piercing dmg they really only affect the TRs shadow of demise in a impactfull way. So if you wanted to say TR will be the new mod 9 sw that might be true in some circumstances. But for the sw itself meh doesnt change much.

Edit: u can also send a pm if u think its to risky to post here
    tom#6998 said:

Edit: u can also send a pm if u think its to risky to post here

As long as they are only rumours i cant tell you how it works and which path it is on SW. But if i get new infos and i get verified facts i will tell you that in a PN, tom. np

Thx. Just to be clear i dont want bugs like mf back. But the ability to use TC again when the mob u cast it on dies before the TC expires or like back in mod 9 where your Tab would change to TC would help us warlocks a great deal when it comes to more reliable AoE clear. Atm when u dont have a group that pays close attention to it it happens alot that your TC target will get killed before the sw is able to deal impactfull dmg and without TC our AoE dps is really lackluster.
    > @etelgrin said:
    > Thx. Just to be clear i dont want bugs like mf back. But the ability to use TC again when the mob u cast it on dies before the TC expires or like back in mod 9 where your Tab would change to TC would help us warlocks a great deal when it comes to more reliable AoE clear. Atm when u dont have a group that pays close attention to it it happens alot that your TC target will get killed before the sw is able to deal impactfull dmg and without TC our AoE dps is really lackluster.
    >
    > Generally it would be fine if they would just buff all along damage instead of bringing back old TC because this is what they were supposed to do when they nerfed it so be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> liable.

Well yeah an overall dmg buff is imo needed. But the Thread opener asked for 1 single thing ;). Sadly amenar rebalanced the SW with scaling TC in mind and the devs afterwards prolly didnt see the bigger picture when they removed the scaling.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    spideymt said:

tom#6998 said:

If the rumours are true they messed some things up when they changed the new arp system. Atm they are just rumours. No one will verify that, till mod 12 is live. So lets wait and see. I cant write anymore specific. I dont wanna break the forum rules. Sry, tom.
    rumours like the demise on tr ( that one is the way the dev wants to work).
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    HR-wise, I'd want seekers vengeance fixed with regard to melee strikes. Pathfinder combat builds pretty much don't have a decent second class feature choice.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    As protection OP, a lot of our Auras are useless. The ONE that could become useful with a small change is Aura of Wrath. Change it to be based on Temp HP instead of HP; less temp HP = more group damage (instead of less HP = more damage).
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    For GF, It's a lot easier to Tank if you have a 100 yd range cannon called a Crossbow
    1. Rank 1 20-25k Base Damage
    2. Rank 2 40-50k Base Damage
    3. Rank 3 60-80k Base Damage
    4. Rank 4 80-100k Base Damage
    And everyone should have a self bow to put 1-2 shots into the enemy before closing to melee range.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'd like the GWF to have more than one viable tree...
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    zebular said:

Bring back moving while casting for CW's... oh the fun it was back in early testing. I know, I know... but still, I do miss it greatly.

you can still jump cast/ bunny hop and move in pvp / pve as a cw : D if your timing is right and you have low ping

also pvp opponents just love the harassing bunny hopping ray of frost while they try to flee lol
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    revert gwf temp hp changes