test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just had an evil thought :)

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
It's really hard to get people to do the Cover of Night HE in the Well of Dragons. It takes a lot of effort to complete and I guess most people don't want to do it.

However...

What if it stayed dark through the dragon herald landings, such that Sandesyl Morgia could assist? Maybe she could put a significant debuff on the dragons, for instance? That would be a major incentive to doing the HE, which is the coolest one in the game, bar none.

Besides, she's been cooped up in there for far too long. She needs to feed! :sunglasses:
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• wickid#3619 wickid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I am little wicked one, I hang in WOD, a dragon runner, let me know I saw your post, I will try to help you, I have others who might assist as well. Ty for your post.
    any dragon run is a good dragon run
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    The easiest way is to simply improve the reward of the encounter.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Perhaps a Linu for each dragon run that successful defeats ALL dragon's perhaps similar to Tiamat? :)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    strathkin said:

Perhaps a Linu for each dragon run that successful defeats ALL dragon's perhaps similar to Tiamat? :)

These days, each dragon run defeats more than ALL dragons. Something like 8 dragons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes indeed. Last set of DRs I did we would feel cheated if we hadnt done at least 7. Has anyone ever seen or done 10? I think we came close or maybe even did 9 once. Or I may be dreaming.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Has anyone ever seen or done 10?

Yes. More than 10 as well. I think the most I've participated in personally was 12, and the most I've heard of from a quasi-reputable rumor mill is 14.

That was back before they unrestricted tia queue time so farming heralds was a nice boost towards getting in Linu's good graces (+RP etc.)
  • babygurl2ashis#6201 babygurl2ashis Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a question how much would you pay for an original 36x24" canvas painting of a neverwinter scene? What would be the most you would spend?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    dupeks said:

I think the most I've participated in personally was 12, and the most I've heard of from a quasi-reputable rumor mill is 14.

@dupeks I was literally just typing this exact thing. I've also taken part in a run of 12 and heard from someone I trust that he did 14. This was also done in the days of one Tiamat per hour so it was easy to get groups going for dragon runs prior to hopping in Tia.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Well, about the dragons...it's true that in a single instance they all go down, because a large number of players in all of the other instances flood that single instance. In every other instance, the dragons are entirely unmolested. Should players really be required to drain the other instances to take them down? To me it doesn't seem appropriate.

My post is really meant to promote Cover of Night rather than promoting Draconic Heralds -- first, because hardly anyone ever does it, and second, because when people do complete it, they had bring so much dps to bear that it never stays dark for more than a few seconds. Lengthening the time it remains dark alone wouldn't solve anything because there is still little to no incentive for players to put in the effort. One could just as easily change the rewards so that they dropped campaign currency like the demonic HE's do, but as it stands already almost no one does Demonic Escape because it's just a pain to do -- they simply wait it out. This tells me that the incentive has to be better than that.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It wouldn't stay dark when the Cover HE despawned anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia