test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10k OP needs advice

emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Citadel
So I have been playing for 4 weeks, dumped to much cash in this game, and got myself a 10k IL OP.

I first wanted to play a bit before posting here as I figured I would run into some answers of initial questions I have. Now that I am this IL though, I am looking for some gear and companions advice.

My gear atm:

Dragon Loyalist Visage - Dark 7
Titansteel Ward Cuirras - Radiant 5, Briartwine enchantment
Dusk Ward Couters /Drowcraft - Dark lvl 7
Epic Twisted Ropalo - Radiant lvl 7, Holy Avenger Enchantment
Epic Twisted Hoplon - Radiant lvl 7
Titansteel ward Poleyns - Dark lvl 7

Rare Cloak of the Protector - Dark lvl 7 / +100 action point gem
Ring of Brutality +3 - Azure lvl 7
Ring of Sieging +4 - Azure / Radiant lvl 7
Rare Greater Plated Band of Constitution - Dark lvl 7
Drowcraft Chaincoat - Radiant lvl 8
Drowcraft Chausses - Radiant lvl 5

Epic: Sigil of the Devoted / Eye of Lathander / Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue / Sigil of the OP

Companions:
Epic Energon
Epic Air elemental
Rare Blacksmith
Rare Earth Elemental
Legendary Owlbear Cub

Idle situation dependend:
-Rare Dread Warrior
-Uncommon Yeti
-Uncommon Rust Monster
-Rare Ice Bear (For when I go healadin)

Companion gear:
-2 Perfect bonding stones
-1 Bonding runestone
-2 Silverspruce Ward Ring - Azure lvl 8, Demonic lvl 8, 2x Radiant lvl 7, +100 action point gem

Air archon: Bold necklace of the companion - Silver lvl 7
Owlbear: Talisman of the Loyal defender - 2x Radiant lvl 9

Mounts: Stormraider Clydesdale, Griffon, Poisones looking spider, Guard Drake, Hell Emblazon Worg
Near all have Epic insignia's

Question 1: BiS
Companions, there is such scarce information regarding which ones are good for the OP. Whats considered BiS?

Question 2: Summoned companion
Augmented Owlbear Cub vs Air Archon, now I see allot of ppl running with the Air Archon around, from what I read though I should stick with my Owlbear cub as summoned -correct?-

Reason why I doubt about this is because I notice that my owlbear cub keeps sharing stats even if its not summoned at Legendary status. So does that mean I need to equip both the Archon and Owlbear, summon the Archon. Or is the gain in having the Owlbear just active and geared so minor that its not worth the investment?

Question 3: Action Point Gems
When slotting Action Point Jewels to my Companion I noticed that I only receive the +100 action points ONCE, if I equipped both rings on my character the stats added. Is it like: All gear on equipment the Action Point Gems add, whereas on Companions it only counts once?

Question 4: Rings on Char or Companion
From what I understand 15% of the stats of the Owlbear cub are shared with me, so its correct to give him the Silverspruce rings for the stats and use the Utility -Sieging Brutality- on my character?

Question 5: Set item bonus irrelevant
I am saving at the moment for the next Refining event -might take a month from what I saw- I want to know which set people like to use, and which weapon.

I inspected some other high OP's in Epic Demo and their gear just varies. Allot of them use the Plated Constution belt, but nothing else of the set. Is the set bonus near irrelevant at end game?

Question 6: BiS weapon / offhand
I also see allot go for the Oath mace, rather then a weapon from the Cloaked Ascendacy, so, is this BiS?

Question 7: Whats my next focus for progression?
So I understand that I should swap out my headgear and bracers for something else later on, I also get it that I need to work on my Gem levels, Guildie told me to go Radiant on all slots. That aside, whats my next focus point?

If you guys have any other feedback on what I can improve on my build then I gladly hear your advice. Thank you for your time in advance.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    You will need to tell us if you are devotion or protection oath before a lot of your questions can be answered. I just want to clear up some things about your companions. If you look closely at the legendary bonus for the owlbear cub, it says that you get 15% of the stats of the summoned companion. This is not necessarily the owlbear cub. Also, do not waste money on getting additional legendary companions, the bonus does not stack.

Next, the owlbear cub is an augment companion, which means that you get 100% of its stats (including gear) plus the 15% bonus if it is your summoned companion. This is great for leveling and gearing up, but except for the enchantments, you have pretty good gear now. If you use your bonding runestones on the owlbear cub, it will boost your power a lot, but it wastes the main advantage of the bonding runestones. The owlbear cub never attacks, so companions gift never processes.

To take full advantage of the bonding runestones, you want them in a companion that strikes quickly in battle. This attack will cause the pure bonding runestones to give you companions gift of 65% each, while the normal bonding runestone adds 35% of the total stats on the companion. In addition the legendary power of the owlbear cub says you get an additional 15%, for a total of 180%. The reason you see so many air archons is because they do process their attacks quickly and in addition have 3 ring slots. Rings are the easiest of any equipment to find with 2 enchantment slots.

As you rank up your bonding runestones, the difference between the augment companion owlbear cub, and the air archon will continue to grow in favor of the air archon.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Geez you certainly did spend a lot of money lol. So, um, where to start...

Firstly, it's hard to advise without knowing if you are Prot or Devo and what your current stats are so please include a screenshot of your stats.

Companions: Kharkov is right about an augment companion giving 100% - that's like having r8 bondings. Getting your bondings to r12 fast is the best move you can make but to get any worth out of them you need to run a non-augment companion as summoned. Ideally you should get a con-artist or sellsword as they currently offer the best target debuff.

You should also have a Siege Master (zen store) as its 4% dmg buff increases your temp health too.

A good mix for Prot is:
    Con artist/Sellsword as summoned
    Siege Master - bonus damage & temp HP
    Energon - bonus HP
    Earth Archon - bonus dmg
    Air Archon - bonus dmg

Note: Action Points and Stamina Jewels (the plus 100pts) on companions don't work - only Regen does. It's interesting you saw it increase when only on one though - that's worth investigating.

Artifacts: You want to focus on ones that increase your Power and HP as these are the primary boosters for damage (and survivability for the Prot path). You also need to bear in mind we have a 2x RP coming up so you need to know how 'artifact feeding' works as this is a cheap(er) and fast way to get your artifacts to Mythic.

Of your current artifacts you should replace the Lathanders and Catalogue for sure - The Wheel of Elements, Eye of the Giant & GWF sigil are good choices but also worth considering are the CW Sigil & Siege Master's War Horn.

Cloak of the Protector - this boosts DR not AP and you will benefit more from the AP. The best alternatives are: Greater Cloak of Black Ice or Lostmauth's Hoard Necklace for AP/Pwr/Crit/Armor Pen - you can use ones that give recovery instead of armor pen if you have enough already.

Mounts: You said which mounts you have but not which mount bonuses you are using - this is far more important, please let us know.

Weapons: Twisted are still decent but imo you should already be farming for the Fey or Aboleth ones from the River District. (get Fey if your daily doesn't charge fast enough / Aboleth for damage if it does).

That should be enough to be getting along with but please do reply with the info requested above.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Agree on companions. Get a con artist (easy to equip) an Earth Archon and Siege Master.

So as not to repeat what is already out there, I really recommend Slaapdaniel's and those guys guide down the page on this forum. I would advise you to go Feytouch instead of Vorpal if you follow that guide.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1231686/pve-paladin-guide-by-greyjay-slappdaniel-and-its-viraaal
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Q1
    Currently BiS companion setup is considered:
    - debuff companion summoned - one of the "Sword Trio": Sellsword/Con Artist/Rebel Mercenary (depending on gear available) or Harper Bard (though inferior debuff to those three)
    - Siege Master - more damage and more Temp HP on Prot
    - Air Archon - more damage to targets not at full health
    - Earth Archon - more damage if you're at full health (basically very close to 100% uptime)
    5th companion 1 of 3:
    - Energon - more HP for more power share on Prot and AoC damage
    - Erinyes of Belial - 10% Crit Sev for more damage when having 100% or very close Crit Chance and not using Vorpal
    - Fire Archon - more damage to targets bellow 50% health, for more damage when using Vorpal or having lower Crit Chance

Q2
    You want bonding companion with bonding runestones as summoned, not augment. The reason for that is augment will pass only the stats from gear you put on it, while bonding companion benefits from buffs like power share from you or DCs and will pass buffed stats to you based on the percentage what bonding runstones give. Also, companion serves other purpose, can provide combat advantage if you position yourself, can debuff enemy, take aggro etc. Augments are just extra slots for equipment for more stats. Since you have legendary Owlbear Cub you want to keep it as active just for legendary bonus. I'd use Air Archon as summoned or get Sellsword/Con Artist and upgrade to at least blue to unlock debuff and use it as summoned. You definitely want to keep in active slots Air and Earth Archons, Energon and Owlbear Cub (for legendary bonus). For Prot you could slot Dread Warrior as 5th for aggro.

Q3
    Use AP gain kits on neck, belt and rings you have on character. On companion only Regen kits work.

Q4
    Underdark rings - Brutality, Sudden, Rising and those with special effects won't work on companion.

Q5
    There are few options. BiS full Orcus set. Before that Black Ice belt and any AP gain neck with stats you need (e.g. Black Ice/Lostmauth) is the best. CON belt, although worse than Black Ice belt because you're sacrificing Power on it, is good when aiming for maximum HP, and finally Protector's set with CON belt, Protector neck and one of Cragmire artifacts (Lantern would be the best), but with this you're sacrificing AP gain on neck and not using artifact with 4k HP and 1k Power to gain 10k HP 500 Defense.

Q6
    The order of weapons goes:
    - Masterwork II set (Titansteel), you and everyone in party get the buff, stacks if more people in party have these weapons for max 10% outgoing damage and healing and reduced incoming damage, second slot on off-hand unlocks at legendary as oposed to main-hand where it unlocks at epic.
    - Relic set (Oathkeeper's), from SoMI, grants 10% increased damage and heal (triggered by using encounter) or 10% decreased incoming damage and bonus run speed (triggered by using Sanctuary) that lasts 10 sec and can happen once every 30 sec, requires restoration and special marks from SVA to upgrade, but easier to refine due to amount of bound RP from treasure maps and SVA.
    - Nostura set (Fey), best set from River District for OP, gives 10% AP after using encounter, once every 30 sec, requires buying unrestored version from campaign store and restoring them.
    - Burning set, "cheap" starting set, can be bought or crafted, gives 25% AP after using daily, once every 30 sec.
    - Twisted set, from mDemo, gives buff to Power/Defense, since that Power doesn't count for power share the set is worse than Burning.
    In mainhand you want to roll Shielding Strike for Prot or Oath Strike for Dev, in off-hand roll Aura of Wisdom and AP Gain.
  • emuriannemuriann Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2017

-Cant seem to let the URL Link work on this forum: http://s287.photobucket.com/user/Itec/media/neverwinter OP.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks for all the replies so far!

I am sorry that I did not include it in the OP. I'm looking for advice on the Protector [tank] build.

I have a little sidenote to remark, you guys say I need to have a fast striking companion to proc the Bonding stones, the bonding stones read: Upon activating a power, not when attacking.

Does this mean the Archon uses his abilities more often then the Owlbear cub?
    -Also none seems in favor of the Owlbear, so should I just make it idle? (kinda breaks my heart to put a legendary away ugh)-

If I do keep it, and I use the Con artist as Summoned, does this mean I still need to gear up (rings runestones) the Owlbear cub for its 15% stat sharing power? [so basicly gear up 2 companions]

Why are you all suggesting the siege master? When I read him, there is nothing stating that he applies a temp hp buff, just a damage % followed by a larger % if your on the stronghold map. So what am I reading wrong? If its just about the damage, why wouldn't you take a 3th archon over the Siegemaster in that case?

So the BiS you guys suggest is the Orcus set? [Seems cheap enough on AH, as long as it stays under 1 million total aka 20 euro I'm fine with it]

Regarding the feeding, from what I know it basically says: Upgrade an artefact of the same type to Epic, then use said Epic artefact to refine the Artifact you want to level up to legendary+, correct? (Someone maybe give me a link to a clearly worded article?)

There also seems to be debates online, some say this applies for Xbox, but if your playing on the PC (like me) then its cheaper to dump stacks into the artefact. Correct?

I'm stockpiling my gems alrdy atm, have around 200 so far lying rdy, same goes for all the resonance stone stuff I found, been stockpiling because I was afraid I was upgrading the wrong set items [which seems to be the case] so I didn't want to push them higher then Epic.

Ok so il go aiming for the titansteel set in that case, seeing as you can simply rip them off the AH for money.

Summary:
    #1 Fix Titansteel weapons as BiS
    #2 Fix Orcus Set as BiS
    #3 Get Con artist - epic or legendary?
    #4 Get Siege master
    #5 Prepare for RP event
    #6 Swap out 2 secondary artifacts for Power/HP based ones

Edit: Titansteel wpn and offhand fixed, Orcus set fixed, Con artist up to Epic, secondary artefacts fixed
    Seems we need to wait another TWO months for the RP event =(.

I sincerely thank you all for the information =).

Post edited by emuriann on
    If you want to go for full Titansteel armor, keep in mind that the best pieces are those that gives Power. Although Deepknight's Brigandine armor that has 50k HP (from Throne skirmish) is BiS, you already bought some pieces that have better alternatives so it's a touch choice to keep them or get the better ones. From Titansteel gear only Ward head is BiS, Ward armor and arms have useless Regen so Restoration armor would be better than Ward because of Recovery, but for arms the Restoration version doesn't have Power, so better to stick with Ward. For feet also Restoration is better because it has Power.
    Siege Master gives 4% damage buff which increases temporary HP when you use Templar's wrath. Plus he gives bonus damage on SH maps.

You don't need any gear on any nonsummoned pets. Only stats are from summoned pet. If Owlbear is your only legendary you may want to keep him as one of your four active companions for the legendary bonus. Owlbear used to be great for pally but not since the "fix."

As for attack speed, faster is better, but not as important as it used to be. Except to keep up protectors friendship and camraderie.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The owlbear cub is still useful as an active companion for its active bonus, in addition to its legendary bonus. Unless you have a very high crit chance, the extra damage from the owlbear cub helps your dps, which is typically low on protection paladins. You want a high power rating anyway, the extra hit for 50% of your power when you fail to critical with an encounter power adds up. I know that with the justice tree feats, I use my encounter powers very frequently.

Also, the advise I gave on not having two legendary companions may be about to become obsolete soon. I have read on the forums that the bonus for the first legendary is going to be 16% and additional legendary companions will have half of the previous legendary companions bonus. So 16% + 8% + 4% + 2% +1 %. Sounds like a lot of AD to blow though.
  • volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Q1

Currently BiS companion setup is considered:

- debuff companion summoned - one of the "Sword Trio": Sellsword/Con Artist/Rebel Mercenary (depending on gear available) or Harper Bard (though inferior debuff to those three)

- Siege Master - more damage and more Temp HP on Prot

- Air Archon - more damage to targets not at full health

- Earth Archon - more damage if you're at full health (basically very close to 100% uptime)

5th companion 1 of 3:

- Energon - more HP for more power share on Prot and AoC damage

- Erinyes of Belial - 10% Crit Sev for more damage when having 100% or very close Crit Chance and not using Vorpal

- Fire Archon - more damage to targets bellow 50% health, for more damage when using Vorpal or having lower Crit Chance

Q2

You want bonding companion with bonding runestones as summoned, not augment. The reason for that is augment will pass only the stats from gear you put on it, while bonding companion benefits from buffs like power share from you or DCs and will pass buffed stats to you based on the percentage what bonding runstones give. Also, companion serves other purpose, can provide combat advantage if you position yourself, can debuff enemy, take aggro etc. Augments are just extra slots for equipment for more stats. Since you have legendary Owlbear Cub you want to keep it as active just for legendary bonus. I'd use Air Archon as summoned or get Sellsword/Con Artist and upgrade to at least blue to unlock debuff and use it as summoned. You definitely want to keep in active slots Air and Earth Archons, Energon and Owlbear Cub (for legendary bonus). For Prot you could slot Dread Warrior as 5th for aggro.

Q3

Use AP gain kits on neck, belt and rings you have on character. On companion only Regen kits work.

Q4

Underdark rings - Brutality, Sudden, Rising and those with special effects won't work on companion.

Q5

There are few options. BiS full Orcus set. Before that Black Ice belt and any AP gain neck with stats you need (e.g. Black Ice/Lostmauth) is the best. CON belt, although worse than Black Ice belt because you're sacrificing Power on it, is good when aiming for maximum HP, and finally Protector's set with CON belt, Protector neck and one of Cragmire artifacts (Lantern would be the best), but with this you're sacrificing AP gain on neck and not using artifact with 4k HP and 1k Power to gain 10k HP 500 Defense.

Q6

The order of weapons goes:

- Masterwork II set (Titansteel), you and everyone in party get the buff, stacks if more people in party have these weapons for max 10% outgoing damage and healing and reduced incoming damage, second slot on off-hand unlocks at legendary as oposed to main-hand where it unlocks at epic.

- Relic set (Oathkeeper's), from SoMI, grants 10% increased damage and heal (triggered by using encounter) or 10% decreased incoming damage and bonus run speed (triggered by using Sanctuary) that lasts 10 sec and can happen once every 30 sec, requires restoration and special marks from SVA to upgrade, but easier to refine due to amount of bound RP from treasure maps and SVA.

- Nostura set (Fey), best set from River District for OP, gives 10% AP after using encounter, once every 30 sec, requires buying unrestored version from campaign store and restoring them.

- Burning set, "cheap" starting set, can be bought or crafted, gives 25% AP after using daily, once every 30 sec.

- Twisted set, from mDemo, gives buff to Power/Defense, since that Power doesn't count for power share the set is worse than Burning.

In mainhand you want to roll Shielding Strike for Prot or Oath Strike for Dev, in off-hand roll Aura of Wisdom and AP Gain.

The archons for dps OP build, but if i want a debuff/buff OP what companions can i use? Archons don't increase the temporal HP from Templar's Wrath https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232311/templars-wrath-protection-op/p1 My crit chance is less than 35% in combat. I don't care about dps, the needed for TW and i have an OP Tank full party support.
    More damage is still more aggro. And OP doesn't rely on hard taunts for aggro like GF but on dealing damage. Chicken would be good for debuff and buff to speed. I wouldn't focus on damage debuffs companions. If you want to debuff enemies' damage then get Trans Feytouched.
    Titansteel weapon has good debuff (and buff) as well. Hopefully more people will get them. I don't know if other classes consider then BiS.