test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

River District Chapter Five .... really?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
I just had a quick look here at the blank Wikipedia page to see if this was for real.

I mean a quest where you have to clear 90 [90!!!!] groups of mobs to complete Ascendancys End. Is it necessary to do this quest? What's in it for me? And I figure its going to take an hour solo? Blimey. And what with my machine crashing regularly its just a total no go for me.

Thoughts, help or advice welcome please :smile:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Chapter_5:_Ascendancy's_End&action=edit&redlink=1

Comments

• Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Bit of a spoiler here but you don't have to clear the 90 groups. After the first 2-3 (don't remember exactly) groups, there's a cutscene where Knox says they're going to exterminate them while you can continue your progress.
  • Options
    agilesto said:

Bit of a spoiler here but you don't have to clear the 90 groups. After the first 2-3 (don't remember exactly) groups, there's a cutscene where Knox says they're going to exterminate them while you can continue your progress.

Thanks - I kind of thought that might be the case... or rather I was hoping it might be like the first time you encounter the Mobs at the Portal To Tuern and you think "Yoinks!"
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    agilesto said:

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I actually cleared four before I got that cutscene. Then I had to run through a load of grey mobs ... then I got attacked by another group of nasties! And as for the end fight. That was somewhat interesting :)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    It's not a bad quest. I was actually disappointed that I didn't have to fight more :smile:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, the end fight is interesting, especially as "he" got caught in the debuff zone around the area of the fight, so I had to wait until he unstuck himself so I could finish the battle.
  • Options
    klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Personally, I laughed once the cutscene hit. I think the devs were poking fun at how bad everyone complained that the grind was getting.
  • Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    klzfc said:

Personally, I laughed once the cutscene hit. I think the devs were poking fun at how bad everyone complained that the grind was getting.

I thought it was hilarious as well, I had a feeling it was a joke by the devs right when I saw it because the number was ridiculous.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    klzfc said:

Just like the Stronghold Cleric.