test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any way to get a blue or purple mount without Zen in this game?

I just started on the PS4 and it looks like I'm too late to get the mounts for the Summer Festival. Is there any other reasonable way to get a blue or purple mount in this game without buying Zen? Or am I stuck waiting for another year for the next Summer Festival to come around again? Do other festivals offer them?

The only other option I saw was the auction house, but I have no idea how to earn Astral Diamonds. They used to give them to you just for evoking, now I have no idea how you even get them--much less the hundreds of thousands of them you would need to buy a purple mount.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    If you're in it exclusively for the mount speed, the Siegebreaker Griffon (Siege of Neverwinter) was a fairly easy event mount. You could also try your luck at the Gond event, or getting lucky during the Winter Festival.

Besides events/Zen/AH, the last option is to win them via a random dungeon drop.

Pick a god and pray though, as the RNG Goddess is a huge *****.

• cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Run dungeons every day and you will get AD. Run them on multiple toons and you can built it up more. AD gain goes up as you lvl.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Generally events have blue and purple mounts involved.

You can also randomly pull them out of dungeon chests

Or you can save up your AD and buy one off of the AH- you get AD from dungeons, skirmishes, PvP, salvage, overflow experience, certain weekly quests, or selling things on the AH.

Even at a low level you should be able to run cloak tower twice a day for the AD.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I think you need a guild. A lot of guilds have a bunch of blue mounts in the bank for people who need them. For an epic mount just wait for the seige event. You'll get a griffin for free (still salty about this one).

@xinexix Wait what?
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I think there is still plenty of time for you to farm petals and get the blue snail mount. There is no limit to the amount of petals you go pick or earn.
  • damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    xinexix said:

I think you need a guild. A lot of guilds have a bunch of blue mounts in the bank for people who need them. For an epic mount just wait for the seige event. You'll get a griffin for free (still salty about this one).

+1 i have given out many blue mounts to guildies that need them or as a reward to people that busted some rear to hit 70 on there first toon. Plus there are some blue mounts in the guild bank for officers to give to people that help others and aare active with coffer donations that NEED the mount not just want.
    jano#8078 said:

I think there is still plenty of time for you to farm petals and get the blue snail mount. There is no limit to the amount of petals you go pick or earn.

I agree there is still plenty of time to farm some petals in the summer event. IF you do the small events that pop up Troll hunting, water fight, herding farm animals etc upon completion you can get about 90 petals ( + other material ) from Suine. the daily quest she gives. not to mention the Favors.. 15 or 18 of them will bag you a Water horse (80% movement) 21 will bag you an Epic Snail..(110% Movement)

Good luck.. other means is being lucky enough to get as a dungeon drop or skirmish.. Master of the hunt, Dread Legion , thrones Madness and on rare cases Gambit..
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I just started on the PS4 and it looks like I'm too late to get the mounts for the Summer Festival. Is there any other reasonable way to get a blue or purple mount in this game without buying Zen? Or am I stuck waiting for another year for the next Summer Festival to come around again? Do other festivals offer them?

The only other option I saw was the auction house, but I have no idea how to earn Astral Diamonds. They used to give them to you just for evoking, now I have no idea how you even get them--much less the hundreds of thousands of them you would need to buy a purple mount.

You can get a rare or epic mount fairly easily. First, get your character to the level required to run Cloak Tower. Run this dungeon every day 2x a day or any two dungeons. Also, run 2 skirmishes as well each day. Continue to play your character and running 2 dungeons and 2 skirmishes each day until you complete the Elemental Evil campaign. By the time you finish the EE campaign you will have more than enough AD to buy an EPIC mount of your pick along with picking up other things, artifacts for example, that are BiS for your character. You do not need an epic mount while leveling or while doing EE.

• pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers, everyone!
  • dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    d me fyren@dantrag_b I have a couple of blue's I can send you one for free
  • xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    @ravenskya the seige of nw event will allow you to purchase an epic griffin mount for event currency.

@xinexix seriously? I'll have to look that up - I'm pretty sure I have a ton of that currency left from the last one

Nice, I'll have to check how many writs I have left from the last time it was up. That's the event that has my favorite dye pack in it too.

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Highly recommend joining a reputable guild. Not only for mount knowledge but also to help you with other things throughout The game. Just be mindful that some guilds ask for some kind of investment just to join. I would avoid these types of guilds. Lots of good and helpful guilds available that don't.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Heres what I do to earn ad. Use your max professions to craft profitable items. Run dungeons on your main. Sure you can only convert so much ad, but you can send bound to account items from your main to these alts. On 1 main and 2 alts you can convert about 100k a day. In a couple weeks you can earn enough ad to convert into zen at the astral diamond exchange, or outright buy mounts from the trade house.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Also, I don't know what the market is like on PS (I'm on XBox) but search the AH to find out what the cheapest purple available is. Seach mounts/sub-sections mounts (only)/Requirement to Purple-Epic/Buyout (top right of screen - and it'll show the cheapest first. On XBox it's about 90k?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I think the cheapest purple is at about 80K maybe less (I'm thinking of the gas spore I really want to sell). I know there are blues you can pick up in the 10-30K range.

• grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Also, any mount you buy from the zen market will then be free to all other characters on your account. If you plan on playing for awhile it might be worth the extra investment.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    There's a Siege event starting up on Console later this month....griffon is pretty sweet :)
  • finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Apparently asking for one in protectors enclave saying that u r a gurl gammer. Lol, someone did this last night and some idiot fell for it, then cried in zone chat that the "girl" was a scammer after he found out somehow that she was a he and does this often. I can't feel sorry for morons, but obviously don't scam, this was a sarcastic post.
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    > @finnthehuman81#7385 said:
    > Apparently asking for one in protectors enclave saying that u r a gurl gammer. Lol, someone did this last night and some idiot fell for it, then cried in zone chat that the "girl" was a scammer after he found out somehow that she was a he and does this often. I can't feel sorry for morons, but obviously don't scam, this was a sarcastic post.

No compassion for those idiots. You let yourself be fooled. One thing I've learned in this world, talk is cheap.
    I ran several SoT over the last weekend to do an experiment on drop rates.

Though I didn't get any of them - out of 8 runs in one day two people pulled epic mounts

Oh - and I'm a girl gamer... no one ever handed me a free purple mount

Real girl gamers rarely announce it because they know what happens when they do.

Lol, the thirst is real. Hey Rav, how's things?
  • alevandra#1249 alevandra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I tend to farm the most AD on wizards skirmish. I either sell the companion items if it's a plus 3 item or salvage items. Every now & then I'll auction a mass quantity of refining stones that I accumulate on it. Also, you'll get a decent amount of AD from the maze engine dailies

Lol, the thirst is real. Hey Rav, how's things?

Fabulous as always! how have you been? Have you been battling your way through MSPC? And if so have you had any better luck with drops than I have? lol.

I'm still mired in the seemingly never-ending quest for marks from sva for my relic weapons. I'll get them squared away in time for new better weapons to drop probably. > @ravenskya said:
    > Lol, the thirst is real. Hey Rav, how's things?
    >
    > Fabulous as always! how have you been? Have you been battling your way through MSPC? And if so have you had any better luck with drops than I have? lol.
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    When my wife sees a scantly clad female toon she always says "go home and put some clothes on". She always dresses her characters very tastefully, and I've always thought that most female toons that do so we're truly women and the opposite of the ones that run around half naked.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    xinexix said:

Time to let it go, man :(