test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Updated 7/21) Tomb of Annihilation Preview Patch Notes: NW.85.20170711b.5

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
A lot of fixes have come in over the past two weeks! I know I'm personally pretty far behind on reading / responding to feedback on the prior patch notes thread, but hopefully this build should address a good chunk of it.

Edit 2017-07-18: Fixed the version name in the title of this thread. Whoops. (Was incorrectly ...0712b.2, is now correctly ...0711b.2)
Edit 2017-07-19: New patch! Light Blue text denotes a new change in NW.85.20170711b.4, from the previously-on-Preview .2 build.
Edit 2017-07-21: New patch! Light Green text denotes a new change in NW.85.20170711b.5, from the previously-on-Preview .4 build.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Port Nyanzaru
  • Celeste should no longer appear to have a doppelganger for players in a party.
  • It should now be more difficult to get out of the gameplay space, though there may still be some climbing opportunities here and there.
  • There are now masculine dancers in Port Nyanzaru in addition to the feminine ones who were already there.
  • Volo has found a solvent, and no longer has his book attached to his hand when gesturing.
  • Wakanga O'tamu no longer incorrectly offers a map upon completion of Hidden Treasures (Patrol).
Soshenstar River
  • Bears can now sometimes spawn instead of lions in certain encounters.
  • Certain cutscenes, particularly ones that can only be seen one time, are no longer skippable.
  • Heroic Encounters: When NPCs speak to the player, their portrait no longer overflows the dialog frame.
  • Monster Hunt clickable objects can no longer incorrectly be used while its associated monster is already prowling the jungle.
  • Monster Hunt drops are now Need / Greed for the party that lures the monster.
  • Monster Hunt enemies now despawn and fail the quest to slay them if they drop out of combat after they're initially engaged.
  • Seavia's escape path from certain underground ruins has been blocked off.
  • Treasure maps are now less likely to be removed from the player's inventory without the rewards if a player follows an unexpected treasure claim flow. - They're now even less likely to do so.
  • Treasure Chest loot now properly goes into the player's inventory.
  • Various Field Gathering nodes that had been trapped behind collision are now properly interactive. - An additional one has been moved into a properly lootable location.
  • When walking through green fog FX, the fog no longer pops out of view.
Chult Instances and Repeatable Adventures
  • A wide variety of flow and logic fixes, as well as general improvements, have been made to repeatable adventure quests.
  • Baccho's lure location is no longer in the middle of where the King of Spines can spawn.
  • Players are no longer prompted to "talk to" the tamed raptors in the introductory quests.
  • Players can no longer use certain powers to jump over the arena wall in House of the Crocodile.
  • Players must now defeat enemies in House of the Crocodile in order to gain full credit.
  • The introductory quests now correctly cannot be shared.
  • The introductory quests now properly have loading screens.
  • The repeatable quest flow has been adjusted so that it's less likely for players to miss out on full credit for quests they've already done.
  • Water off the coast now properly has a depth fade.
Tomb of the Nine Gods
  • In the cutscene after triggering the pit trap, your party no longer appears to depict yourself with three clones and one party member.
  • Players may now leave the dungeon through the front entrance if necessary.
  • Players who join the Tomb of the Nine Gods dungeon while it's in progress now spawn forward to respawn points nearer the party.
  • Ras Nsi no longer drops enchantments below Rank 8.
  • Seams in the environment have been sealed.
  • Seals of the Brave now properly drop from this dungeon.
  • The Charm of the Serpent artifact has been moved from the Dungeon Key chest to the Campaign Key chest.
  • The full amount of Chultan Riches is properly granted to each participating player after completing a trap.
  • The T-Rex cutscene no longer shows five of your character, rather than your entire party.
Jungles of Chult Campaign
  • Task descriptions are now more consistent within the Jungles of Chult campaign.
General
  • A major audio pass has been made to all Chult content. There is still some voice-over yet to be implemented, but it's fair to consider music and sound as "done" for the sake of feedback.
    • With this comes cutscene timing improvements.
  • A few more voice lines have been fixed.
  • A variety of typos throughout Module 12's content, rewards, etc. have been addressed.
  • Mount Hotenow Domination: It should now be more difficult to escape the gameplay space.
  • Strongholds: The Milling Yard no longer incorrectly claims to boost Stone production; it now properly states that it boosts Wood production.
  • The NPC and enemy pathfinding in various maps should be up-to-date again.
  • The audio volume of NPC speech in Bryn Shander has been boosted.
  • The battle cry for Pit Fiends is now a little quieter.
  • Various fixes and updates to audio in Chult are complete.
  • Voice-over in English is now complete.
  • Various achievements new to Chult are now properly visible in the Journal before they're unlocked.

Combat and Powers, pt. 1
General
  • Another attempt to address the respec loop has been made; player characters who have recently respecced should no longer be asked to respec again upon opening the Powers UI.
  • Certain buffs new to Chult no longer have placeholder icons.
  • Damage Vulnerability: Dreadtheft, Ambush, and Quarry now properly respect this debuff cap.
  • Various backrevved fixes have been back-backrevved... un-backrevved... Fixed.
    • Devoted Cleric: Anointed Action now properly triggers from Divine Armor, Anointed Army, and Guardian of Faith.
    • Eye of the Giant's out-of-combat damage resistance is once again properly 5%.
    • Great Weapon Fighter's Unstoppable is once again properly unstoppable. (Or at least doesn't get stuck like it used to.)
    • Oathbound Paladin's Divine Call properly doesn't reflect reflect abilities.
  • Players can no longer trigger Life Steal from damage they deal to themselves.
Companions
  • Certain Companions no longer incorrectly gradually gain stats over time.
  • Companions no longer have their speed lowered after being affected by a Charm power.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• miserinhamiserinha Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Question: Will the portuguese translation ever be update? It's been almost 3 years and some things are completely misleading(everything that existed before mod 5 and was changed after mod 6 like life steal). I know it's not a top priority problem but if not, you could simply remove it completely on pc like on xbox/ps4.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

The spawn times for Heroic Encounters are very long. I hope this will be changed. After one expires, or is beaten, another should spawn. Right now you wait for what feels like forever. Other than that, great job team, I love the new zone. :smile:

I agree. There was always 1 encounter up in SOMI and the farming felt pretty good because there wasn't any "just standing there and needed to wait" for the next encounter.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    still no response to the dungeon loot disaster @terramak ?
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    "+5 rings are now Bind to Account."
    one less dream...
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @thefabricant said:

Some sources of damage are now double dipping on debuffs as a result of this:

Shadow of Demise (TR feat)

and on live, these 2 SW powers currently double dip on debuffs:

Tyrannical Curse
    Creeping Death

Looks like it is a SoD bug on preview. (Mobile version of quote didn't work)
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    That doesnt make it the new MF tough. Cause MF was doublescaling with buffs AND debuffs. SoD shouldnt doublescale with debuffs but its not gamebreaking as MF was
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Auction House
    Having too many items in the Overflow Bag no longer prevents players from posting auctions.

@terramak, currently if you accumulate too many (over 200) empty AH mail messages over the course of normal selling you can also no longer use the AH until you delete the offending number of empty AH mail messages. This gets pretty irritating really fast, especially since there is no option to select multiple mail messages quickly, so you are stuck deleting each message on it's own.

Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    isnt mf one shoting if target has 25% or less hp like tooltipn says?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2017

we used to be able to get legendary mounts way cheaper, way way cheaper, like I remember paying 1.2 million AD for Emperor beetle

This has zilch to do with drop rates and everything to do with legendary mounts at that time offering nothing but a different visual than epics. They had no combat powers. They weren't any faster than epics. Equip powers didn't exist yet.

Prices on legendary mounts climbed like they did because Cryptic later did make them better than epics, full stop.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • varixo#7114 varixo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2017

we used to be able to get legendary mounts way cheaper, way way cheaper, like I remember paying 1.2 million AD for Emperor beetle

This has zilch to do with drop rates and everything to do with legendary mounts at that time offering nothing but a different visual than epics. They had no combat powers. They weren't any faster than epics. Equip powers didn't exist yet.

Prices on legendary mounts climbed like they did because Cryptic later did make them better than epics, full stop.
    The legendary mounts are not worth the extra 13kk+. These mounts should cost max 5kk, not 15kk+.
    For 15kk I can buy 2 good enchantments for weapon and armor - this will give me a lot more than a legendary mount.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Yes, I got my Tenser for 5mil at that time.
    That's subjective. I would love for everything to be cheaper because I have many alts that I like to upkeep within my own concept of reasonable (which includes being able to get around fast), but as long as some buyers are willing to pay whatever asking price, somebody is maintaining that status as "worth it". My feelings about the subject are a lot more complex than throwing support behind a system where there are a lot of have-nots, but arbitrarily throwing out your ideal numbers isn't supported by anything at all.

Anyway, the best testing anyone is capable of doing with lockbox drop rates has indicated that the % chance of getting legendary items did get buffed a while back, fwiw.

Neverwinter Census 2017

For the sake of comprehensiveness, Barkshield enchant shards should also be added to the seal vendor. Unless the team feels it's better to keep them out of circulation until the enchant is improved, but the unavailability seems to inflate the market price of the enchant far beyond what's reasonable for how ineffective it is.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Legendary mounts are extremely expensive, yes, but i would think twice in getting one if i played only 1 class, with the summer event (other raffles) and if i kept farming dungeons along with the festival all days probably july would be enough to get one, 1 month is not that much for an endgame item, but if i decide "screw it i'm going to play on my HR today" the my legendary mount wont be there. My first mount was a big armored bear ("grrawl xD") and it was purchased with money, i was sure it was money well spent because all my chars got a 110% speed mount that was 1,2Million each at that time.

There is this big gap of investment per character per play time available between players that focus in one class only and people that play multiple classes. I'm not saying that if i max a char all my other ones should get everything, that is supper exaggerated people would have no effort, not to mention it wouldn't rain for cryptic, refining artifacts got cheaper over the time, it's now much easier to make a BiS character when it comes to equipment, insignias can be swapped around and traded, even tough it's boring, but possible, same thing for enchantments. The things that get massively expensive when a player has multiple chars is companions and legendary mounts.

• lightaven#8333 lightaven Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    * Oathbound Paladin's Divine Call properly doesn't reflect reflect abilities.

Can we please tag Hellish Rebuke's refresh damage as reflect damage? My paladin still dies fast from looped weapon damage from weapon enchants when this ability is used against Divine Call.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    With the removal of Elemental Seals, will accessories purchased with Protector Seals be account bound or still character bound?
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Since Elemental seals are becoming obsolete, will the Heroic Encounters that currently give Elemental seals, give Protector seals instead?
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

@asterdahl

Hey there ! Are there any plans on some minor class balancing before m12 or m12b if that occurs? Thanks for any info on this matter.

The ability to sprint/ shadow slip while cbed like other classes roll/ dodge/ slide would be fantastic!!!! THEY ARE ALL STAMINA FRAMES LET US USE OURS TOO PLEASE.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    In rolling patch notes I've noticed this sentence:

>Illusionist's Gambit Skirmish: The drop rates for Companion rings have been adjusted

Notes:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232848/tomb-of-annihilation-rolling-patch-notes

Does it mean:
    1) Now companion rings will drop more frequent than other types of equipment (meaning this will be buffing current drops as a implementation of 'promision' made in this topic: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12966518 )

2) It's patch to some kind of bug (the rings dropped more or less frequent than the other types of equipment)

2.5)..or it's typo and it was meant to be "companion gear" and drop of every gear from IG is changed.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2017
    UPDATE: NeverwinterPreview (Americas and Europe public test shard) and Lurker (Russian language public test shard) are both updated with the build: NW.85.20170711b.4.
    This build is ostensibly a release candidate, though we'll still keep our eyes open for things that may change our mind on the matter.

The original posts of this thread have been updated, with changes in light blue text.

General:
    Sorry again about the lack of response to feedback on my side!

@miserinha - Regarding Portuguese localization: Unfortunately, we've stopped official support for localization in this language. If there are some egregiously bad / misleading translations, I can remove localized strings on a case-by-case basis (which will cause them to revert to English text), but it's unfortunately a bit of a taller order to get appropriate changes made in Portuguese. Sorry for the disappointment. :(
This discussion has been closed.