test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 12 Armor Penetration

mitty#8178 mitty Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hey GF-type-folks,

As it stands now, I believe we will need 75% resistance ignored for Mod 12 questing/solo content, and 85% RI for Tomb of the Nine Gods.

I know it is subject to change, but I was wondering if anyone has given thought to how (or if) you will juggle gear loadouts when doing different content in order to achieve the respective RI targets without wasting stats?

A 2k mount power is one easy way to get 20%, but assuming we start at 60%, that overshoots the 75% target and undershoots the 85%. The thought of fooling with mount insignias or swapping enchants gives me a headache. Am I missing an easy way to hit the goals without wasting stats?

Mitty

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Don't think there is an easy way around it :)

We have so many ways to mix & match the gear to achieve our goal, artifacts, enchants,gear itself,insignias bonding pets....
    I was at the cap earlier than switched to Orcus set + Avenger gear to my bonding pet and I'm a bit over the new meta.

Yeah I was lucky enough to grab all of the Avenger gear before Gateway was murdered. But there are still many ways to get there.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • mitty#8178 mitty Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Yeah, I suppose this ended up being more of a /rant post than anything else.

Thinking on it overnight, I'll probably run 65% RI at base - 5% wasted ArPen stats on older content shouldn't make much difference - then swap in an extra ArPen artifact (Thayan? Lantern?) for the 75% content, and either swap in another ArPen artifact for 85%, or swap out that first one and use a 2k mount power.

I was hoping to start using Heart of the Black Dragon for my active after the next double RP, and equip the Blue and White hearts to reduce the cool down on Black. That strategy may be HAMSTERED if I plan to be able to swap in 2 ArPen artifacts.

Rock on,
    Mitty
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I was hoping to start using Heart of the Black Dragon for my active after the next double RP, and equip the Blue and White hearts to reduce the cool down on Black. That strategy may be HAMSTERED if I plan to be able to swap in 2 ArPen artifacts.

Rock on,
    Mitty

You can always have a separate Chult loadout.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    For me, I literally just keep the same DPS build as I do now and add... a fully refined Lantern and Key of Stars.

I run full STR/DEX/2x Loyal Avenger/all ArmPen boons from campaign at the moment, puts me at ~67% (too lazy to change). When I slot in the Key/Lantern, it puts me at ~ 85%ish RI, which is more than enough to tackle anything in Chult (including Tomb).

If you throw in the changing legendary comps and you add and extra legendary comp or two to your lineup, you might be able to squeeze a bit more ArmPen, but another 1-2 mil AD for a small buff to ArmPen doesn't seem like a smart idea to me.

• kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I'll either swap to a 2k AP mount power or guild boon when I enter Chult and then swap back when I leave; lack the energy to completely rebuild my characters for one mod (I'm looking at you SKT).

Honestly not super happy with the enemy DR change, it forces us to push a stat way past necessity for everything else in the whole game and you have the choice of either over loading AP for more than 92% of the game or taking a huge hit on your DPS in one zone. Its almost like they are trying to force us to buy more loadouts...
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Side Question:

I've been looking on the Preview Forum and I couldn't make a determination if MOB Arm Pen is going up? So do we need to stack more than 95% DR.. when in full Tank Mode?

Thanks.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    sadus671 said:

Side Question:

I've been looking on the Preview Forum and I couldn't make a determination if MOB Arm Pen is going up? So do we need to stack more than 95% DR.. when in full Tank Mode?

Thanks.

Yes, but no.

If you want to get technical, there are about ~4-5 mobs and a couple of bosses which have 30% Resistancce Ignored (and the random WoD spinattackman who can get more than 30% RI if you let him spin right round).

This does not change in Mod12. Most mobs will have 15% RI and some will have 30% (*obligatory "information credit to @michela123 and @thefabricant *).

So, if you absolutely want to be prepared for every situation, you could stack up to 110%, but due to the rarity of these monsters and the difficulty in stacking that much DR, I'd say that 95% is good enough for pretty much everything.

• sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Roger!

Thanks
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion