test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deflect procs that go off without deflects (and mysteriously entering combat)

rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

... make the deflect damaging boons actually proc on a deflect instead of just standing near an opponent.

This is a long-standing issue in the respect that all proc-on-deflect effects can trigger outside of a combat situation, even in a no-combat location like a town. I've often said it jokingly, but we apparently deflect absolutely everything all the time, right down to NPCs breathing on you.

Over the years, it has been sometimes as relatively unintrusive as text spam. I forget what the HR PvP armor set bonus proc was called, but things like it have created confusion as the floating text would show up all the time, even though it wouldn't be doing anything if you were not fighting.
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Archer's_Profound_Leather_Armor

The bigger complaint players tend to have was first seen with the Sharandar boon Fey Thistle, so some of us still refer to it as "the Fey Thistle bug", even though that one was eventually found and fixed and we only see it with newer effects. If your character has a boon or other effect active that will create damage on deflect, it will put you in combat constantly. You can't emote because you'll be interrupted. You can't stand still because TRs will bop in place, GWFs will put their sword up and down, etc.

Anyway, despite Fey Thistle itself having been fixed eons ago, the same bug crops up every single time yet another damage-on-deflect proc is introduced. This is frustrating. I don't think boons/powers/etc. should be fixed piecemeal, and it would be more appropriate to look at how the game decides what it should be deflecting, or at least attempting to deflect since so many of the attempts accomplish nothing other than to proc out of combat and probably use server resources to do so.

Also related, it's possible to deflect a friendly effect that you probably don't want to, like a heal. This is probably bad.

I think deflection should probably only be applied to hostile/harmful effects, not as a blanket to everything, which is how it appears externally. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to restrict it to damage sources, but it might be, especially if that ended up being the simplest way to address all the issues at once. But I'm still unhappy about DCs only being able to Cleanse DoT effects and not control effects, which was v.useful, imo. I feel this was a lazy and thoughtless way of correcting the issue of accidentally Cleansing friendly effects. I don't really want deflection to get treated with the exact same heavy hand.

But... I am thinking it's possible that @rgutscheradev might be our man to fix some of these things once and for all. I believe in you!
[Note: the above came out of the "future of PvP" thread but I wanted to start a new thread since it's not really a PvP topic per se.]

Deflection... yes, this is a bit of a mess, to say the least. This problem is actually something I was looking into recently. There are some things we can do, both short-term and long-term, and some ways you all can help (if you are so inclined) especially with the short-term fixes.

For you all to help us, I’m afraid you will have to bear with me as I try to explain why things are so messed up right now. Becky has it exactly right: everything is being deflected all the time, way down deep in the engine. Neverwinter is full of powers, not just the ones you see, but lots of hidden ones as well. When they fire, their target makes a deflect roll. If that roll comes up a success, two things happen: a deflection event is marked as having happened, and any damage is reduced by the deflection severity. If there’s no damage involved, then nothing happens... UNLESS something is looking for that deflection event. (Please don’t ask me why it works like this. The answers are lost in the mists of time.)

So you can see where this is going. One player fires off a power A (which doesn’t do damage) and hits another player. That player has a power B on them that procs on evade. If that second player “evades” power A, then B procs, but there’s no actual evade because there’s no damage to evade. What both players see is that B got an evade proc even though (apparently) no evade happened. Ugh.

A great example of this was the recent bug (now fixed) where DCs using the Bear Your Sins feat were randomly dying in PvP: that power works (under the hood) by constantly sending out pulses asking “are you affected by one of my DoTs? If so, have this debuff!” If enough people in range of the DC had deflect procs that did damage, they’d be constantly hitting the poor DC, because they’d be “deflecting” the Bear Your Sins pulses.

As Becky points out, an overall systemic fix would be best, and I’ve gotten the ball rolling on that. However, it’s not a slam-dunk. The issue is that changing something like this, that affects the whole game, could affect some weird power that’s built in an unusual way. There’s no great way to search for “power built in a weird way”, so changes like these are risky and take time and testing. (Just recently, I “fixed” a bug where HR Marauder’s Escape broke whenever you jumped by setting a global flag... everything I tested seemed fine, and everything QA tested seemed fine, and then a bunch of people on preview discovered you could suspend gravity as a GWF by making repeated sword swings while jumping. Oops. At least we caught it before it went live!) That said, I’d still like to do it. But very carefully.

However, it’s very easy and fairly safe to fix this power-by-power. Here are the tools we have:
* a “NoDeflect” flag that can be put on power A that says “power A can never cause deflections”
* a “DontCauseEnterCombat” flag that can be put on power B (the “Fey Thistle” flag -- note Fey Thistle *can* still cause deflec procs, but at least it won’t put you in combat when it does)

Note the NoDeflect flag can do two useful things: cause healing powers not to be deflected (healing is essentially reverse damage, so it needs this flag), and prevent non-damaging powers from triggering deflect procs (in addition, of course, to its "normal" purpose of making powers like Shocking Execution do damage that can't be deflected).

Why am I telling you all this? Well, because while we wait for the software solution to arrive (and remember, it’s not 100% it will be a good idea, although my current bet is it is), it is super-easy for me to just go and put these flags on things. So if there are any particular powers, items, etc. (and really, they are all powers underneath, even the items are just gateways to powers) that have any of these problems, just let me know. I can fix them quick. If someone wants to make a giant list of all the problems, great! If people want to just mention pet peeves, also great. Or we can just wait for the software fix. But I thought I’d make the offer.

TLDR: If you know of any powers where
* healing is deflected (ie, you lose the heal)
* the power does not seem to be deflected, but it triggers a "procs on deflect" power
* a power makes you enter combat for no good reason
tell me the names of the powers involved and there’s a decent chance I can fix it. (There’s also a chance it has some totally different problem that just looks like the problems above. No promises on those. But I’m hoping a lot of things get covered by the simple “turn on the flag” fixes.)

Comments

• Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Excellent and thorough explanation! I had to read through twice and learned a lot. Slightly off topic perhaps. But there are some weird damage-reflect loop interaction bugs that still occur sometimes with SW warlock's bargain is cast against GF (augmented thayn bastion, supremacy of steel), Paladin (aura of courage), and other SW (WB+WB).

These are the sort of bugs which once triggered proc hundreds of repeating log events per sec. They lag out an entire instance and often loop-melt one or both players.

There are enough various such bugs each with their own unique proc conditions that it may be easier to handle them all in one fell swoop by setting some sort of proc control (which detects and ends such a loop after x number of repeating events)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    rgutscheradev - best DEV in NW history? I THINK SO!!!!!!
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    If Player A buffs Player B with Exaltation, Bane (Devotion OP’s blessing version), Boar Hide or Stag Heart and Player B deflects them, Player A receives less Action Points from that skill.
    Example: a DC uses Exaltation on a TR. The TR has 75% deflection severity and deflects it. Exaltation should give 10% AP to the DC, but it only gives him 2,5%.
    Here’s the link to my original report:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231276/people-deflect-my-action-points
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @rgutscheradev heals can be deflected. For example, Healing Font on dev OP will be deflected and heal for less.

Bond of Virtue+Knight's Valour will keep you in combat.
    Light of Divinity will keep you in combat if you have Avatar.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017

... make the deflect damaging boons actually proc on a deflect instead of just standing near an opponent.

This is a long-standing issue in the respect that all proc-on-deflect effects can trigger outside of a combat situation, even in a no-combat location like a town. I've often said it jokingly, but we apparently deflect absolutely everything all the time, right down to NPCs breathing on you.

Over the years, it has been sometimes as relatively unintrusive as text spam. I forget what the HR PvP armor set bonus proc was called, but things like it have created confusion as the floating text would show up all the time, even though it wouldn't be doing anything if you were not fighting.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Archer's_Profound_Leather_Armor

The bigger complaint players tend to have was first seen with the Sharandar boon Fey Thistle, so some of us still refer to it as "the Fey Thistle bug", even though that one was eventually found and fixed and we only see it with newer effects. If your character has a boon or other effect active that will create damage on deflect, it will put you in combat constantly. You can't emote because you'll be interrupted. You can't stand still because TRs will bop in place, GWFs will put their sword up and down, etc.

Anyway, despite Fey Thistle itself having been fixed eons ago, the same bug crops up every single time yet another damage-on-deflect proc is introduced. This is frustrating. I don't think boons/powers/etc. should be fixed piecemeal, and it would be more appropriate to look at how the game decides what it should be deflecting, or at least attempting to deflect since so many of the attempts accomplish nothing other than to proc out of combat and probably use server resources to do so.

Also related, it's possible to deflect a friendly effect that you probably don't want to, like a heal. This is probably bad.

I think deflection should probably only be applied to hostile/harmful effects, not as a blanket to everything, which is how it appears externally. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to restrict it to damage sources, but it might be, especially if that ended up being the simplest way to address all the issues at once. But I'm still unhappy about DCs only being able to Cleanse DoT effects and not control effects, which was v.useful, imo. I feel this was a lazy and thoughtless way of correcting the issue of accidentally Cleansing friendly effects. I don't really want deflection to get treated with the exact same heavy hand.

But... I am thinking it's possible that @rgutscheradev might be our man to fix some of these things once and for all. I believe in you!
    [Note: the above came out of the "future of PvP" thread but I wanted to start a new thread since it's not really a PvP topic per se.]

Deflection... yes, this is a bit of a mess, to say the least. This problem is actually something I was looking into recently. There are some things we can do, both short-term and long-term, and some ways you all can help (if you are so inclined) especially with the short-term fixes.

For you all to help us, I’m afraid you will have to bear with me as I try to explain why things are so messed up right now. Becky has it exactly right: everything is being deflected all the time, way down deep in the engine. Neverwinter is full of powers, not just the ones you see, but lots of hidden ones as well. When they fire, their target makes a deflect roll. If that roll comes up a success, two things happen: a deflection event is marked as having happened, and any damage is reduced by the deflection severity. If there’s no damage involved, then nothing happens... UNLESS something is looking for that deflection event. (Please don’t ask me why it works like this. The answers are lost in the mists of time.)

So you can see where this is going. One player fires off a power A (which doesn’t do damage) and hits another player. That player has a power B on them that procs on evade. If that second player “evades” power A, then B procs, but there’s no actual evade because there’s no damage to evade. What both players see is that B got an evade proc even though (apparently) no evade happened. Ugh.

A great example of this was the recent bug (now fixed) where DCs using the Bear Your Sins feat were randomly dying in PvP: that power works (under the hood) by constantly sending out pulses asking “are you affected by one of my DoTs? If so, have this debuff!” If enough people in range of the DC had deflect procs that did damage, they’d be constantly hitting the poor DC, because they’d be “deflecting” the Bear Your Sins pulses.

As Becky points out, an overall systemic fix would be best, and I’ve gotten the ball rolling on that. However, it’s not a slam-dunk. The issue is that changing something like this, that affects the whole game, could affect some weird power that’s built in an unusual way. There’s no great way to search for “power built in a weird way”, so changes like these are risky and take time and testing. (Just recently, I “fixed” a bug where HR Marauder’s Escape broke whenever you jumped by setting a global flag... everything I tested seemed fine, and everything QA tested seemed fine, and then a bunch of people on preview discovered you could suspend gravity as a GWF by making repeated sword swings while jumping. Oops. At least we caught it before it went live!) That said, I’d still like to do it. But very carefully.

However, it’s very easy and fairly safe to fix this power-by-power. Here are the tools we have:
    * a “NoDeflect” flag that can be put on power A that says “power A can never cause deflections”
    * a “DontCauseEnterCombat” flag that can be put on power B (the “Fey Thistle” flag -- note Fey Thistle *can* still cause deflec procs, but at least it won’t put you in combat when it does)

Note the NoDeflect flag can do two useful things: cause healing powers not to be deflected (healing is essentially reverse damage, so it needs this flag), and prevent non-damaging powers from triggering deflect procs (in addition, of course, to its "normal" purpose of making powers like Shocking Execution do damage that can't be deflected).

Why am I telling you all this? Well, because while we wait for the software solution to arrive (and remember, it’s not 100% it will be a good idea, although my current bet is it is), it is super-easy for me to just go and put these flags on things. So if there are any particular powers, items, etc. (and really, they are all powers underneath, even the items are just gateways to powers) that have any of these problems, just let me know. I can fix them quick. If someone wants to make a giant list of all the problems, great! If people want to just mention pet peeves, also great. Or we can just wait for the software fix. But I thought I’d make the offer.

TLDR: If you know of any powers where
    * healing is deflected (ie, you lose the heal)
    * the power does not seem to be deflected, but it triggers a "procs on deflect" power
    * a power makes you enter combat for no good reason
    tell me the names of the powers involved and there’s a decent chance I can fix it. (There’s also a chance it has some totally different problem that just looks like the problems above. No promises on those. But I’m hoping a lot of things get covered by the simple “turn on the flag” fixes.)
    1:When a power has at the same time control is intended deflection severity on a succesfull deflect to reduce the control duration?
    Example : entagling force duration reduces by 50% if the enemy deflect.

2: Heals can deflected and dodged because for the system is damage when the power u use is damage and heal at the same time ( divine glow, astral seal, searing light devoted cleric powers) ? Power stat states that increase both heal and damage.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017

if that can help my gf 100% deflection chance deflected those skills coming from dc in a fbi run.

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited July 2017

So question. Is there plan to change debuffing auras interactions toward boons, and deflect mechanic?? Or we keep as it is....

Please see the separate thread I started on this subject:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232826/deflect-procs-that-go-off-without-deflects-and-mysteriously-entering-combat
    Here, there whatever. This stuff have been reported some time ago. Yet ignored, and burred by other bug reports.

And in the end is still same question.. Will be any changes or we keep as it is. Which mean AFK player have 90% chance to kill temtatation SW in duel (1vs1) fight.

And if u face 5+ enemies in pvp you start laging quick death,(~8s) even they all would ignore you.
    Also in GF vs temptation HB warlock pvp case, due aura of despair + Hellish rebukes DoT, you will overlagged and eventually disconnected from server.

I notice that you mentioned DC's bear your sins feat. But need to remind, temptation warlocks Aura of despair keep applying debuff regardless if enemies are affected or not by your other powers, Thats mean continuous debuff refresh process, and this is desing flaw, rather just deflect case . <

And this continuous refreshing also cause lags. Not only warlock, but can bet cause code overheat overall.

p.s
    I can bet, no temptation warlock participated in this pvp feedback "event". So would not be surprised that debuffing feats work incorrect.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    etelgrin said:

The lag is not related to - aura of despair, neither is to hellish rebukes dot, neither is to temptation paragon features.

the fact that you are dying 90% time to afk players pretty much tells me how much knowledge and skill you have in PvP, I also play SW and I can tell you I'm able to survive 3-5 bis players depending on their skills and composition.

"I notice that you mentioned DC's bear your sins feat. But need to remind, temptation warlocks Aura of despair keep applying debuff regardless if enemies are affected or not by your other powers, Thats mean continuous debuff refresh process, and this is desing flaw, rather just deflect case ."

The above please edit it to make sense bcause it doesn't currently states any information. Aura of Despair though is permanent, when things are in radius, this is WAI.

Of course like I said before to you, there is no real reason in playing Temptation when the best Templock buffs are available at t3 which can be picked in ANY hybrid build combination while picking Templock as main result in having such amazing DOUBLE PENALIZED healing capstone whose average heals in PvP are about 30 points of damage to 150 points of damage if you can even consider it "healing" on top of that NOONE of the powers, passives or features can proc ANY of the healing boons.

This lag stuff happened not once, not two, neither 10 times.. It's over 30 times. And all times work in same way.
    You apply Hellish rebuke and have high lag spikes, which lead to 2 possible outputs.
    1) u die, because GF kill your warlock due it's unable to respond to your commands.
    2) you are disconnected.

Feel free to pick one of possible outcome. :)

Now note: Enough to land hellish rebuke, no other powers needed to cast. And once hellish rebuke ends = lags ends to.
    With furry and damnation builds, Hellish rebuke do not cause lag.

I was thinking maybe its due GF used or it's Guarded Assault class feature.
    Which lead to, 5% reflect back + nonstop deflecting from aura of despair,

It's same when you overload PC with tasks. And PC slow down.

This problem where reported for some time. But it where ignored and got burred by other bug reports..

Also remember, that neverwinter online have in history when certain powers interactions caused game lag. So its possible is same case.

Also not so long ago where GF rework, so possible that some power interactions are still messing around.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why u think aura of despair is permanent?

Aura mean areal effect around caster/user. :) Thats mean, once enemies are in effect area they got debuffed, Once they get out of it's range, debuff will/had to disappear. And so far it work in same way, so wondering how did u come up with permanent effect?

As for mentioning DC's bear your sins, its due,,

so as you can see, @rgutscheradev, explained DC's feats problem which where before fixing.

But temptation warlocks aura of despair is different from DC's bear your sins. Due it's not send request, are you affected by DoT?
    Warlocks feat bombard players by sending message > your are affected by aura of despair< over and over, nonstop.

Now add on top deflect interaction. Thats mean 2 mechanics (under the hood) are out of control.

Once enemy step in my aura of despair range I proc/triggering his boons, gear/class related mechanics and so one.

Last time I asked GF to help me check aura of despair intaractions. We noticed that my aura of despair triggered :

Boon :

Fey Thistle -
    When you Deflect an attack you deal up to 3000 damage to your attacker. (Proc on every deflected attack. Debuff on attacker and his Damage Resistance affect damage)

Avalanche, - When damaged by a foe, chance to gain a stack of Avalanche. At 20 Stacks, taking damage will clear the stacks and deal up to 15000 damage to nearby targets.

Frozen Reflection
    When you Deflect an attack you deal up to 5000/6000/7000 damage to your attacker.

And when they hit with any above mentioned boons, they have chance to trigger:
    Elven Ferocity - When striking a foe you have a chance to deal up to 20000 Arcane damage. (60s Internal Cooldown)

Also
    Icy Wrath
    Chance when taking damage to gain up to 2000 bonus damage on next attack.

Shadowtouch -
    When dealing damage you have a chance to deal 20000 Necrotic damage over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends the target receives 25% less healing from spells for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown) (This ability has ~1% chance to proc on any attack, and can proc on any tick of a damage over time effect).

Not forget some skipped Elven Tranquility and picked
    Elven Tranquility
    When being struck by a foe you have a chance to heal yourself for 20000 HP. (60s Internal Cooldown)

Or Dread ring :
    Enraged Regrowth - -
    When taking damage you have a chance to heal 20000 Hit Points over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends you have 4000 more Defense for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown)

Thats mean I triggering heal enemy. :)

I do not mentioning armor enchantments, neither companions which are triggered due incoming/receiving hits.

Also @etelgrin, sorry to disappoint, but I am not new in pvp.

----------------------------------------

With temptation warlock in pvp are big problems, the one and most obvious is that, templocks feats are way outdated.
    Other builds received some changes, while templock haven't receive any changes, even developers promised templock rework in mod 6,<

Next, templock is not double punished, it's x3 times.

1) your healing depend on inflicted dmg( simply usual Life steal mechanic)
    2) if your powers are AoE = 30% effectiveness.
    3) vampiric embrace heal allies with 100% of it's value, while old one healed with 200%.
    4) feats outdated, literally<. I can't remember that temptation warlock would have been received any feat rework since it's introduction in mod 4. Only auras range where increased, and soul bonding healing values adjusted(nerft).
    So more less 5+ mods abandoned build.. So expect other than current situation is kinda naive.

I would say, even reworking Vampiric embrace would help templocks in pvp..

1) reduce vampiric embrace dmg by 20% , yet boost up healing factor + implement resist ignorance feature.. Which would ignore not only damage resist, but tenacity and deflect, and shields. Thats mean power would be low dmg, hp restoring tool. And it's interaction with soul bonding feat would make templock valuable support.
    Current situation, DC and OP heal everyone based on power values, it don't get adjusted by any resist values.. Not mentioned templock healing is just extended life steal mechanic. So boons related toward healing can't apply in this case..

Anyways.. I wrote here only due aura of despair.
    I don't put faith that devs would have spare time to rework templock, from threads/posts written in preview forum, seems they will be busy with other reworks.... And that project will take at least 2+ mods. So in other words for SW next 3+ mods no changes.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    thx for sharing

deflect is widely used in PVP and not only to reduce damage.
    it proc many feats and reduce control duration.
    some complain that Favors elixir is overpower.
    will see changes in that as well?

as cleric i can tell you it proc on heals and somehow if i just stand a squishy player with frozen relfection he die.
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'm not playing on preview, but on live. I get this forum is for preview only, but it seems to fit this topic perfectly and is 100% reproducable so might help find a culprit.

The Set bonus from the Greater Everfrost Shirt/Pants will cause the SKT boon "Frozen Reflection" to trigger on the Giants' Heroic Encounter in the Stronghold while standing far outside their agro range.

The deflect (and associated boon proc) does not happen when either pants or shirt are removed. I currently have higher Deflect than Lifesteal, so I'm not sure if it triggers when the other way around.
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2017
    Ok, it took a bit longer than I had hoped, and some of the changes were a bit trickier than I had expected. But I wanted to let everyone know the end results. Here are the patch notes that should be coming to a patch near you (may or may not be Soon-TM, but the work is checked in on my end and should now be working its way through the system):

* Devoted Cleric Exaltation and Divine Glow: players should no longer lose half of their expected Action Point gain when casting on high-Deflect targets.
    * DC Shared Burdens should no longer cause invalid deflections.
    * Warlock's Bargain should no longer cause infinite damage loops.
    * Warlock's Aura of Despair should no longer cause invalid deflections.
    * Greater Everfrost Shirt and Pants should not cause players to incorrectly enter combat.
    * The "Giants Among the Dead" Stronghold Heroic Encounter should no longer trigger player deflects from far-away players who aren't fighting them.

If you've been following this thread, you can probably guess that most of these fixes are a result of adding NoDeflect and DontCauseEnterCombat flags, as described above. The one exception is Warlock's Bargain -- it was just flat-out missing the "please don't loop infinitely" tagging. Which made it loop infinitely (well, not infinite, since it's a short duration, but loop lots until the duration ran out!) when two SWs cast it on each other, and also it would loop with all sorts of other stuff too. Hopefully it will be better now.

(Technical Details: all our damage reflects are supposed to have either an ICD, or a "DamageReflect" tag along with an expression saying "don't reflect anything else with the DamageReflect tag!" So if something is missing the tag and expression, it will be reflected by other DamageReflect things (because it doesn't have the tag) and it will reflect them too (because it doesn't have the expression saying not to), even if those other DamageReflect things were built properly. And so you get a loop.)

Edit: oops, I somehow missed @thefabricant's bugs. Healing Font is an easy "NoDeflect" fix, so I did that. The other two, unfortunately, are something else, so they will need to wait on more investigation (DontCauseEnterCombat isn't a flag that should be used in general, because we don't want a world where you can be using various powers on friends or enemies without entering combat -- for reflects, it's OK, because the thing that caused the reflection should itself cause you to enter combat, and if it doesn't it's probably a bad reflect so we don't want it to force you into combat). To make up for this, I did a giant pass on all heals, not just Healing Font, and I added NoDeflect to over 100 powers. Hopefully this fixes most of our "heal is being deflected" bugs!
    Post edited by rgutscheradev on
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @rgutscheradev since you didn't mention it directly, survivor's blessing fix from some patches ago didn't fix the issue the heal still goes on and on (live server). Also frozen reflection seems to have a weird interaction with it. I was standing next to a GWF, me using greater green dragon glyph and i get hit by frozen reflection, when i checked the log, survivor's blessings was there, i can't remember much more, should have saved the log.

Edit: I was not using SKT pants+ shirt.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Green Dragon Glyphs keep you in combat until their proc duration ends. That might be related to the above.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

Green Dragon Glyphs keep you in combat until their proc duration ends. That might be related to the above.

No that wasn't it, i was an a TR and....well you know when a TR is in battle swings his arms and gives little jumps, that was not happening i don't know if the glyph is related but made sense mention it.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Ok, it took a bit longer than I had hoped, and some of the changes were a bit trickier than I had expected. But I wanted to let everyone know the end results. Here are the patch notes that should be coming to a patch near you (may or may not be Soon-TM, but the work is checked in on my end and should now be working its way through the system):

Good work. Appreciated.

I just hope that no other DC powers broke when this got fixed. The current status with two of the stable powers (FF and BtS) broken since last week is making things .... tougher (and yeah, I know you devs are aware of that - I hope that's a high-priority issue). If even more powers break, DCs will have a real problem

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev
    Is the Cw chaotic growth capstone healing also part of the do not deflect list ?

are all healing mount insignia (there are quite a few ) in line and also not being deflected ?
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    What about control effects which do no damage? Aren't they supposed to be deflected and their duration reduced by deflection severity?