test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

165k crits?

halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
What is the point of even having instanced pvp if that's a thing?

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Are you talking about a rogues daily hitting you? Thats been happening since mod 5 at least. Ya its very silly and is going to get fixed next mod thank god.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Did some fun set ups for Exe the other day think 650k+ was regular and close the 700k highest fun fun...
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

I guess this didn't happen as well.

https://prnt.sc/ftupri

And they wanna say they shouldn't be nerfed lol xD
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Oh here we go again lol

Fact one, YES it does happen:

Fact two, that takes 3 players to set up. Totally maxed up shocking from the first strike exe TR @200K average, not including SoD proc of course. DC (Krispetapug) debuff enemy to hell, goes to 300-350K. ITF from heaven. Boom 600.

• difase#0722 difase Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What harm would a guardian fighter with those debuf or a gwf or a cw ??? Almost as much as that and only with encounters. The shoking it eskiva until a lame snail if you are attentive. Only mortal if you catch fight against another., ... that is to say you come 3 uncles in team and they kill you and you complain another op that wants to be immortal ??
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yeah I've been spiteful for a long time how people don't realize how weak the TR is because of the false pretenses the exploit-heavy kids put out. I guess survi-troll-bility is way up there but give me any maxed toon that I'll put 20K recovery on, lets see if it isn't as impossible to catch haha!

I feel bad for the kids who don't feel bad running super shockings, cus really THEY are the ones getting nerfed. I've done fine with or without it for as long as I can remember. That screen was just for kicks months ago.
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    you are all missing the point entirely. Getting oneshotted should not be happening in an MMO.

This is not an FPS
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    Any other (non-piercing) powers capable of dishing out 250k of post-mitigated damage. Anything above that is not very useful (temp HP aside). Anyone know how much disintegrate or killing flames (or other class bazooka powers) deal when buffed?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • masticore#3287 masticore Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Last night in pvp I crit anvil of doom (GF) for 160k+ on a caster....of course my knights challenge itf buffs and +dmg were up, not sure about the opponents tenacity or dmg res values were. Personally I've had HR and TR hit me harder but 600k seems ridiculous if even possible
  • dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    > @nezdin#5514 said:
    > Any other (non-piercing) powers capable of dishing out 250k of post-mitigated damage. Anything above that is not very useful (temp HP aside). Anyone know how much disintegrate or killing flames (or other class bazooka powers) deal when buffed?

Biggest Killing Flames I've hit was 350k, that was with DODC buffs/debuffs, ITF, and all my SW buffs/debuffs stacked up.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @morenthar
    I assume it is happening because of...... mhhhhhh stupid buffs .

The difference between KF, Anvil etc. and SE is: A 350k KF could happen to a naked dude at <40% health without tenacity etc.
    SE could happen to a propper geared player... that's the critical point.
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

> @nezdin#5514 said:

> Any other (non-piercing) powers capable of dishing out 250k of post-mitigated damage. Anything above that is not very useful (temp HP aside). Anyone know how much disintegrate or killing flames (or other class bazooka powers) deal when buffed?

Biggest Killing Flames I've hit was 350k, that was with DODC buffs/debuffs, ITF, and all my SW buffs/debuffs stacked up.

That's pretty high; post-mitigation I assume. Was it against a BiS player?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2017

you are all missing the point entirely. Getting oneshotted should not be happening in an MMO.

This is not an FPS

That much is true. I want to see oneshotting phased out as well.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I guess this didn't happen as well.

https://prnt.sc/ftupri

And they wanna say they shouldn't be nerfed lol xD
    My consern is that the devs may simply nerf shocking/piercing damage without fixing the TR class.
    I don't see that many TRs saying SE and piercing damage should not be nerfed period.
    Most I've seen would suport a nerf if they were also buffed in other needed areas so they can compete with other classes without needing piercing/SE.
    The problem is we don't know if the devs are actually going to rework us soon, so far, our chances look grim.
    The anger is comming from TRs being constantly singled out by members of other classes.
    We are overblown to sound like we are way more powerful than we really are by people who simply put, do not know what they are talking about.
    All the complaining people do about TRs has been making the devs hesitant to adjust this class at all and when they do anything, they just nerf and run.
    We have not been OP since a short window in mod 5 and mod 6 gave us the nerfbat. We continued to get more and more nerfs in future mods and never got any buffs or other needed updates post module 5. We have become an outdated class that has all their eggs in one very narrow shrinking basket.
    While SE and CB are overpowered, just about everything else about the TR class is underpowered.
    Despite how good these 2 daily powers are in PVP, TRs still underpreform in both PVP and PVE compared to all other dps classes and even some support classes.
    If the devs nerf either of those 2 powers without buffing the TR class's overall damage + other needed adjustments, they will be even weaker than they are currently and they are already around the bottom of the food chain.
    Both the nerfs and buffs for the TR need to happen at roughly the same time to keep from ruining the class in PVP and to take out the toxic meta so many TRs are stuck with right now.

For now, I think the devs should change the TR class icon to have cobwebs hanging off of it, to represent the amount of sweet sweet dev love this class gets.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    > @nezdin#5514 said:
    > > @nezdin#5514 said:
    >
    > > Any other (non-piercing) powers capable of dishing out 250k of post-mitigated damage. Anything above that is not very useful (temp HP aside). Anyone know how much disintegrate or killing flames (or other class bazooka powers) deal when buffed?
    >
    >
    >
    > Biggest Killing Flames I've hit was 350k, that was with DODC buffs/debuffs, ITF, and all my SW buffs/debuffs stacked up.
    >
    > That's pretty high; post-mitigation I assume. Was it against a BiS player?

That hit was against a random, but they survived debuff stacking so they had atleast some tenacity.

Biggest KF hit I recall against a known BIS player was 160k.
  • zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Everyone that's salty never played real pvp in other games like DaOC where archers could 1 shot you or you have a gank squad roaming around. My thought on the whole one shot is that it is part of the class. Trickers should be able to 1 shot a light armored person. They shouldn't be 1 shooting tanks though unless they are end game best in slot everything. If I get one shotted I try harder not to next time. I have 1 shot people with my pally before it is easy with judge and vow on them and they have very little armor.