test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirage weapons huge bug

2»

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

vordayn said:

The mirage weapons can proc Abyss of Chaos, Weapon Enchantments, Storm Spell, Creeping Frost, Smoulder, Spell Twisting and Aura of Courage.

Source: Sharpedge@thefabricant

Why is this a bug? Just because an illusion can proc these skills? Why does thefabricant have the last say of what is or isn't a bug? Julia @nitocris83 reported that it is by design, yet you still insist it is a bug?

This is a waste of time and resources of the devs imo.

Close this thread, it sounds like whining.
    I can agree that calling it a bug might be wrong, A flaw in the design is probably more right. The devs decided that it shouldnt work like that, not thefabricant. Not sure if you only read half of @nitocris83 post, but the other half was:

"In what is probably the quickest decision in game dev history, design has agreed that it actually should not be proccing so they'll be looking into changing this. !"

I Agree, lots of whining, and thread can be locked since they already said its gonna be fixed.

Based on the old info you are posted they decided to fix. AFter the new info we will see.
    edited July 2017
    https://prnt.sc/fudp26 here another one screenshot mirage and abyss of chaos relation. I did 5 encounters in 10 seconds ( i dont have spell twisting here). Illusions did 18 attacks with the chilling cloud but the i dont see multiproc on abyss when the number is 13 proc.

https://prnt.sc/fudrfh here you can see that each illusion is different entity so you have 3 more ally = 3 proc at same second( since they attack alltogether).

if You look for bug i am with you for 1 thing in act log or combat log if you prefer there is no encounter cast from illusions to excuse the x3 stacks on spelltwisting.

here is more clear https://prnt.sc/fudvsp . i broke my shield to activate my illusions and then i did magic missiles on the target( otherwise they dont attack it). the abyss procs are again normal 7 but is nowhere an encounter from them to excuse the spelltwisting stacks.

NOTE on every class illusions do an att will ( on tr they do duelist flurry).

update comparison chilling cloud of the caster vs x3 illusions chilling cloud in 10 seconds.
    https://prnt.sc/fuee7r my wizard did 10 hit with chilling cloud while in above screenshots the illusions make 18 hit with chilling cloud ( they have a delay to attack enemy and most of the times stuck or die)>
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • oria1oria1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Just because you want to abuse a bug, it does not mean it is not a bug.

...and just because you say its a bug doesn't mean it is :)

vordayn said:

The mirage weapons can proc Abyss of Chaos, Weapon Enchantments, Storm Spell, Creeping Frost, Smoulder, Spell Twisting and Aura of Courage.

Source: Sharpedge@thefabricant

Why is this a bug? Just because an illusion can proc these skills? Why does thefabricant have the last say of what is or isn't a bug? Julia @nitocris83 reported that it is by design, yet you still insist it is a bug?

This is a waste of time and resources of the devs imo.

Close this thread, it sounds like whining.
    I can agree that calling it a bug might be wrong, A flaw in the design is probably more right. The devs decided that it shouldnt work like that, not thefabricant. Not sure if you only read half of @nitocris83 post, but the other half was:

"In what is probably the quickest decision in game dev history, design has agreed that it actually should not be proccing so they'll be looking into changing this. !"

I Agree, lots of whining, and thread can be locked since they already said its gonna be fixed.

Based on the old info you are posted they decided to fix. AFter the new info we will see.
    Is only a bug if it isn't being used by @mamalion1234
    come and prove your point with evidence:)
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

Update!

In what is probably the quickest decision in game dev history, design has agreed that it actually should not be proccing so they'll be looking into changing this.

Hello! This is by design but I have relayed your feedback to the systems team and they'll look into it to see if any changes are necessary (such as an internal cooldown or anything like that). If I get any more info, I'll share it!

I assume this also includes whatever else they might be proccing on other classes.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Update!

In what is probably the quickest decision in game dev history, design has agreed that it actually should not be proccing so they'll be looking into changing this.

Hello! This is by design but I have relayed your feedback to the systems team and they'll look into it to see if any changes are necessary (such as an internal cooldown or anything like that). If I get any more info, I'll share it!

Than you should also ask for a store to trade the mirage set for another like Aboleth, many players have farmed those weapons after seeing this effect happening, also some players have build new toons to test this effect in diferent powers, some pally's can proc heals using the ilusions

Changing this thing now will create a lot of rage...

And i dont see any game breaking effect on this...
    My CW ilusions hit between 1 - 2k in each lightning chain (only on chains main target is 0 dmg) even if the 3 of them and my paranoid ilusion do the same in the saem targets, is like 6k to 12k dmg per target on each cloud, is not a real game breaking power nad my CW is a 12k that only use Radiants (low level radiants since is an alt)

I believe theres a lot of better things to spend time fixing...
    like the Mysterious Merchant ...
    edited July 2017
    rafaelda said:

Update!

Than you should also ask for a store to trade the mirage set for another like Aboleth, many players have farmed those weapons after seeing this effect happening, also some players have build new toons to test this effect in diferent powers, some pally's can proc heals using the ilusions

Changing this thing now will create a lot of rage...

And i dont see any game breaking effect on this...
    My CW ilusions hit between 1 - 2k in each lightning chain (only on chains main target is 0 dmg) even if the 3 of them and my paranoid ilusion do the same in the saem targets, is like 6k to 12k dmg per target on each cloud, is not a real game breaking power nad my CW is a 12k that only use Radiants (low level radiants since is an alt)

I believe theres a lot of better things to spend time fixing...
    like the Mysterious Merchant ...
    ++++ and if is so gamebreaking something which deals damage and proc feats then nerf everything that can proc features such as companions such as artifacts etc etc etc.....
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Proccing feats is a different matter but proccing weapon enchantments seems pretty logical and they dont even do it properly, they proc for 0 damage except lightning arcs.

The poor things last 10s every 30s but usually die long before that. They don't deal any real damage of their own. If they don't proc weapon enchants I wonder what they're supposed to be good for.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    procing multiple enchants such as uncapped frost.. doesn't seem right to me.

I avoided these weapons, I was actually going to get a set, but once I learned they were doing this in behavior, I stopped grinding for the one set I was going for. It seems "not proper" to me, while Ive used other powerful items such as losty set, Ive generally tried to avoid things that seemed buggish in nature and hence, was probably due an adjustment, however, I didnt make a big stink about it.. I never reported it even.

Overall, they can outpreform, much harder and expensive weapon sets, due to the nature of this behavior. To me mirage was supposed to be the actually easiest set you get , and when originally tested (without alot of testing on my side, just some dummy testing) I found it less functional then the fey or abo sets from RD, not realizing that this held this improper behavior until later. I dont know if poeple tested it and abused this impromper behavior, or if they just found it by accident, like I said, I avoided this, until it become public now, I get too much hate mail when I start reporting things out in public.. and I dont really care anymore.

To me, this is the list of weapons .. (should be)

Stronghold weapons (most powerful in gorups of 5, with effect that is 100% uptime)
    Relic weapons (slight edge over fey and abo weapons, as long as used properly, if not, they actually under perform those two)
    Fey and Abo.. pretty much a dead heat..
    Lifeforged (sort of stupid imo.. but I got a set to play with)
    then Mirage.. as you basically only have to run 30 ig bronzes for goodness sake and do your 30 days of dailies to get this.

But right now, mirage, due to the improper behavior, in certain circumstances, is the most powerful weapon in game. I dont think that is how it was meant to be designed.

If nothing else.. its actually the weapon enchants, to me that should be axed.. There is no way you should get that much effect on a debuff.

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Proccing feats is a different matter but proccing weapon enchantments seems pretty logical and they dont even do it properly, they proc for 0 damage except lightning arcs.

The poor things last 10s every 30s but usually die long before that. They don't deal any real damage of their own. If they don't proc weapon enchants I wonder what they're supposed to be good for.

A Healer Pally said me once that they can heal a tiny bit too and if you place that with one of Tiamat boons they can do some extra dmg wen they heal, other pally on the guild tried the same build on preview and keept his Aboleth set sayin it was better for DPS than Mirage ... XD

Of course i'm talking about PVE situation, not about PVP...

I avoided these weapons, I was actually going to get a set, but once I learned they were doing this in behavior, I stopped grinding for the one set I was going for. It seems "not proper" to me, while Ive used other powerful items such as losty set, Ive generally tried to avoid things that seemed buggish in nature and hence, was probably due an adjustment, however, I didnt make a big stink about it.. I never reported it even.

Overall, they can outpreform, much harder and expensive weapon sets, due to the nature of this behavior. To me mirage was supposed to be the actually easiest set you get , and when originally tested (without alot of testing on my side, just some dummy testing) I found it less functional then the fey or abo sets from RD, not realizing that this held this improper behavior until later. I dont know if poeple tested it and abused this impromper behavior, or if they just found it by accident, like I said, I avoided this, until it become public now, I get too much hate mail when I start reporting things out in public.. and I dont really care anymore.

To me, this is the list of weapons .. (should be)

Stronghold weapons (most powerful in gorups of 5, with effect that is 100% uptime)
    Relic weapons (slight edge over fey and abo weapons, as long as used properly, if not, they actually under perform those two)
    Fey and Abo.. pretty much a dead heat..
    Lifeforged (sort of stupid imo.. but I got a set to play with)
    then Mirage.. as you basically only have to run 30 ig bronzes for goodness sake and do your 30 days of dailies to get this.

But right now, mirage, due to the improper behavior, in certain circumstances, is the most powerful weapon in game. I dont think that is how it was meant to be designed.

If nothing else.. its actually the weapon enchants, to me that should be axed.. There is no way you should get that much effect on a debuff.

the fact that enchants multiproc without mirage weapon doesnt bother you?:)
    edited July 2017
    https://prnt.sc/fvrxu6 the enemy without tenacity still dying from this super mitigated damage from mirage chilling cloud.

https://prnt.sc/fvs0ro or from the abyss in the same time frame ?( note all the procs are not only from the weapons)>
    edited July 2017
    Lets try to correct some issues here:

Mirage is as easy or as hard to get as any other river weapon. For all weapons you need to do 30 runs of a mini dungeon or IG and lets not forget most of the other weapons were easier due to the bug of 2x drops when you were running in party so you had to do half the runs.

It's not right and should be fixed but its not a problem of the weapon but a problem of the enchants as frost, plaguefire (can go to 9 stacks), and bronze to some extend can be multiproced by any weapon. I have notified the devs for sometime now about the behavior of the enchants and what causes this but we need to keep things clear, Its not the mirage set fault.

I also want to make clear that even tho I have the set too, for the new mod I'm switching to MCII weapon set but we need to say things as they are and not spread rumors around. I don't even care if I'm right and in the posts I made, I'm looking and hoping for someone to counter them with facts so we finally figure out the truth.

When I see for example people saying "It procs smolder" when at the same time they use Critical Conflagration and they don't realize that the passive will proc smolder on any critical hit (including companion/enchants and yes the illusions) and then they present it as weapon bug.... If the weapon indeed was adding smolder then why doesn't it do it without the passive? Same goes for storm spell etc.

I can only think oversight or an attempt of manipulation of opinions... and I wish I'm wrong for both cases.

-------------------------------------

Post edited by oria1 on

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    In my opinion most people just hate mirage weapons because they went after a different set when river district came out thinking that mirage was a sub-par but easier to get set, which isn't even the case since the other 3 RV sets are just as easy to get.

And when it comes to bad interactions the problem probably comes from the enchantment or feature, not the weapons.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The PF debuff stacks 3 times and 3 times only:

Image from ACT.

https://youtu.be/0Qtk5SF1Fno
    Video.

You can see the icon stacks 9+ times, but the effectiveness caps out at 9%, which is 3 stacks.
    Which is exactly my point, It's not the mirage weapons to blame. It's the enchants behaving weird regardless of the weapon used even if its a visual bug in this case. Ty for the info sharp.