test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Mod 12 debuff changes force new weapon enchantments for GF?

Hello guys!

GF Tactician here.

Just wanted to ask if the upcoming debuff changes will make us to look for some different weapons enchantments, or we should stick with Frost/Plaguefire?

Myself I wondered if I should switch from Plaguefire to Flaming just for better aggro/damage. Every DC I run with has Plaguefire and as far as I know (I may be wrong) they don't stack. So that's why I was considering Flaming since it's a nice damage boost.

From what I know there will be no capped/uncpaped debuff now. There will be 300% debuff cap. But still, I can be wrong, cause I don't think I understand it well.

Comments

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

Hello guys!

GF Tactician here.

Just wanted to ask if the upcoming debuff changes will make us to look for some different weapons enchantments, or we should stick with Frost/Plaguefire?

Myself I wondered if I should switch from Plaguefire to Flaming just for better aggro/damage. Every DC I run with has Plaguefire and as far as I know (I may be wrong) they don't stack. So that's why I was considering Flaming since it's a nice damage boost.

From what I know there will be no capped/uncpaped debuff now. There will be 300% debuff cap. But still, I can be wrong, cause I don't think I understand it well.

I think if you want more damage/aggro fey will be the go to over flaming. Doesn't require crit chance, doesn't jam, and also debuffs mobs for better party survival.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Well I got Feytouched. I'll see how it works but I'm quite optimistic with it. And it also has a use on HR which is my main character. But with the new debuff rules, are there any news about which weapon enchantments will be good/bad? I keep fingers crossed for Terror since it's a cool looking enchantment :smiley:
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I keep using terror like I always have.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    RE-RE- EDIT: Because someone was insistent I should blame myself for being wrong and can't be lazy in blaming people.

The biggest change is that all damage increasing debuff categories get combined into one, and as such, there's a cap, albeit not one set at 200% anymore. Now, the biggest factor between all enchants is the potency of their debuff, the uptime of their debuff, and the additional utility of the enchant.

Edit: Blah blah diminishing returns blah blah won't give as much debuff %. Ask Janne for graph.

From a defensive tanking perspective, GFs have a few options:

Fey, Plague, Frost, Terror, and Terror.

Feytouch recieved no changes and is still the best choice for a purely defensive GF due to extra aggro generation and the best damage reducing debuff of any enchant. But, it offers nothing in terms of increasing team damage.

Frost is practically the same. Its 10% damage increasing debuff is the strongest of the enchants and and 10% damage reducing debuff also gives it some defensive utiltiy. Frost's main downfall is its relatively poor uptime. 50% uptime means that Frost sucks for more prolonged fights.

Plague is likewise the same as its prepatch counterpat. Its 9% damage increasing debuff is the second strongest of all enchants and it is decently respectable in the defensive department in having a 5.88% damage debuff. However, Plague's biggest "weakness" is that you need to keep up 3x stacks on target. Stacking isn't as hard as, say, Mod7, but on some fights, stacking can be problematic (coughcoughdrufticoughcough).

Trans Terror benefitted the most from the debuff changes. Its biggest deteriment, being part of the cap, is no longer an issue. As such, Terror is now a decent jack of all trades support enchant:its damage increasing debuff is respectable at 6%, and its damage debuff is pretty good at 8%. Not the strongest in any field, but its biggest advantage is that Terror is hilariously easy to put up. Uptime is practically 24/7 and you don't have to think too much about stacking issues or anything. Terror also has the advantage in that very few people use Terror, so there's less of a chance that you'll run into multiple people using Terror than multiple people using Plague.

Extra Note: Bronzewood technically has the strongest damage increasing debuff of any enchant 16%, but it's a personal debuff, so we don't really care about it.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You said Terror twice.

Do I remember correctly that terror is no longer affected by enemy level mitigation?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother