test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

healer pally

dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
pls i want to make a pally healer and i would like some insight on hw to go about it wat race is best, how to roll the stats and any build suggestion tnks

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    @Dracula, Welcome to the Order. :) I would start off by asking if you're looking for a pally healer for PvP, or primarily for PvE as you'll need to build your paladin differently depending on which you choose. If you're going the PVE healadin route, might I suggest you take a look at @veywiil's Burnadin guide located a little bit lower on the Citadel's main page. Its a good guide that also includes some of the mechanics and details of how the DPS paladin works, its strengths as well as its limitations. It also contains equipment suggestions, feat and boon selection that have tested and really does an excellent job of showing the versatility and balance of Justice-specced Healadin. Here is the link to the guide itself - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q1g_Tq6nb8CBKiq3U_fqiKXN3Q07vy0_z3yasGpuN9o/edit?usp=sharing

If PvP is where you'll be spending most of your time, you're going to want to put most of your points in Light vice Justice. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a guide for a Light-specced paladin for PvP. The Light tree is really only viable in PvP due to healing depression and their heals are perhaps the strongest in the game but at the expense of damage. Going Light will give you all the strength and power to smite your foes with the ferocity of a common housefly but it should enable you to keep your team alive via the heals. Hopefully some dedicated PvP healadins will step up and post suggestions for you this thread.

Now with loadouts being available, I would HIGHLY recommend that you also consider using one of the slots for a protection paladin loadout. This is, of course, if you're not planning on using the second slot for either a PvP or PvE equivalent devotion paladin. Also on The Citadel page is a great Tankadin build (included the link to the guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/19TiuOJBGGfb2SsNEK2aAl9vipvY4qfaDJN69Ytd2E9U/pub) developed by @slappdaniel, @greyjay and @itsViraal. Going with their build can be an expensive one in both time and money, but it's BiS-tested and approved.

Hopefully the two links I provided (Still searching for a PvP pally build, I know its out there) will help in getting you started. Have fun with your new healadin, it's a blast to play.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Don't think of a DevOP as a healing Pally. Yeah, you can pretty much out heal anyone else in the game, but the reality is that with burning guidance and healing warmth, your heals are, in effect, potent damage sources. As mentioned above, check out veywiil s Burnadin guide. Have fun, DevOPs are a blast.
  • dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    tnks very much am a pve bt i want 2 ask is it alright 2 go full light in pve
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User

Thanks very much. I am a pve, but I want to ask you: Is it alright to go full light in pve?

@dracula#9357
    Going full light is not highly recommended at this time. Justice is the standard viable and optimized path. What you pick up from the Justice tree is far too significant to give up in terms of 'more healing'. Most people want more healing when they try to play a healadin, and that is not optimal as a build. There are a number of AoE heal mechanics that work well together that allow us to do hundreds of thousands of points of healing over a few seconds. With these mechanics being utilized by the relic that was the old healadin build, and further more the burnadin build, we no longer need to focus on large heals; but rather a large amount of small heals. This provides a less burst oriented healing build, and a more smoothed out consistent type of healing. Thus, going full light tree is unnecessary at the time being.

You will want to go down the Justice Tree to get the capstone. After that you should be able to divert your attention into getting Aura gifts from the Light tree. And please pay attention to where you put your feat points, they do matter a great deal. Ultimately you can do what you want with your build, there is no wrong way to build. But there are less optimal ways to get things done, light at the moment I would still consider less optimal than the Justice tree.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    why not recommend op protection justice +aura gifts (with prism)?, devotion are ok but not the most wanted in dung run, but if its for he/she to enjoy her choice than go for it :wink:
    > @arcanjo86 said:
    > why not recommend op protection justice +aura gifts (with prism)?, devotion are ok but not the most wanted in dung run, but if its for he/she to enjoy her choice than go for it :wink:

ProtOPs aren't (remotely) ideal as a heal based Pally. Prism only works under two conditions: 1) You must first fire off a daily, and 2) you must be healed. If you are a ProtOP, and you are the healer, the only way to heal your teammates is to lifesteal. To get any appreciable and acceptable level of lifesteal, you will have to either sacrifice defense and/or HP-- doing either *severely* gimps any ProtOP build.

In terms of being desirable for dungeon runs, I play a DevOP exclusively in groups, and I have *never* had a problem getting in on dungeon runs. Of course, I play on PC so the expected meta's are probably different than on console. A quick perusal of YouTube shows that console players (for the most part, but not exclusively) have zero idea of how to play a DevOP in a way that benefits themselves or their team, and that, I believe, may be why they have a hard time finding teams. But if they are having fun, more power to them....
    The thing g about the Justice tree ad a DevOP is that you are pretty limited in your encounters in group content. Bond is a toggle. Vow is a must. So that really leaves you with *one* encounter that is optional. The Justice tree, and capstone in particular, allows you to spam (or as close to spam as you're going to get) your enounter power; furthermore you will be able to paint multiple targets with your Vow under the Justice tree. This is important since the vast majority of your healing comes from the Bond/Vow mechanic.

The Justice tree and capstone is such a game changer in terms of how often you can fire off encounters that I have a hard time playing any other class because the cool downs seem so slow in comparison.
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

> @arcanjo86 said:A quick perusal of YouTube shows that console players (for the most part, but not exclusively) have zero idea of how to play a DevOP in a way that benefits themselves or their team, and that, I believe, may be why they have a hard time finding teams. But if they are having fun, more power to them....

Savage, but nonetheless accurate. Traditional healadin builds are simply outclassed by better options as of late. There is a lot more than 'just' healing your team. Don't get me wrong, healing is an important piece of a devotion paladins job, but support via buffs and damage can be provided too.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    > @veywiil#8685 said:
    > > @arcanjo86 said:A quick perusal of YouTube shows that console players (for the most part, but not exclusively) have zero idea of how to play a DevOP in a way that benefits themselves or their team, and that, I believe, may be why they have a hard time finding teams. But if they are having fun, more power to them....
    >
    > Savage, but nonetheless accurate. Traditional healadin builds are simply outclassed by better options as of late. There is a lot more than 'just' healing your team. Don't get me wrong, healing is an important piece of a devotion paladins job, but support via buffs and damage can be provided too.

The fact is that Healadin will always over heal by large amount without even trying, just using Bond, Vow and Divine Call with pulling up Sanctuary from time to time. And because all buffs/debuffs are passive (except Bane) and require only your presence (power share, auras), the main focus should always be to increase your damage.
  • dorianblade74dorianblade74 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

The thing g about the Justice tree ad a DevOP is that you are pretty limited in your encounters in group content. Bond is a toggle. Vow is a must. So that really leaves you with *one* encounter that is optional. The Justice tree, and capstone in particular, allows you to spam (or as close to spam as you're going to get) your enounter power; furthermore you will be able to paint multiple targets with your Vow under the Justice tree. This is important since the vast majority of your healing comes from the Bond/Vow mechanic.

The Justice tree and capstone is such a game changer in terms of how often you can fire off encounters that I have a hard time playing any other class because the cool downs seem so slow in comparison.

@rubytrue
    This is where I'm curious, because the Light path provides a HUGE boost to recovery, gaining +10% to every item, as well as a +20% for each ally within 30' (Not sure if Dominating Presence affects this as well). I'm currently running a Spankadin build that without buffing has an 11 second cooldown time on TW. That's with only 1.4k recovery and +34.5% recovery boost from primary stat. Running Light, and getting those extra bonuses should make the encounter reset be phenomenal, and competitive with the Justice Capstone.

Going that route, running BoV, TW, and BL would have negligible cooldowns right? And it wouldn't require you to

I don't like the thought of losing the 35% damage the Justice capstone provides, but if you're going for a more classic heal/tank build, Light is viable. I haven't tested it yet though tbh.

I'm also curious if we can dispense with Vow if we run No Mercy. I'm not sure about the healing difference though.
    Here's a link to someone who has done the recovery math. For our higher CD powers, the higher recovery numbers make more sense. We don't see a real benefit to our lower CD encounters though:

http://janne.coreside.com/mechanics/recharge-speed
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @arcanjo86 I run that build as my primary OP. Not really a healer pally build though. That's a straight Buff/DPS build.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    The Light tree, though not necesarily optimal at this time, is more beneficial to a Protection OP than is it to Devotion. It's not "better for protection than another tree," but "better for protection than for devotion."

From my experience, Devotion vastly overheals a party (as stated above), and is really only needed for min/maxxed DPSers who don't like to dodge the red circles (and in some big boss fights). Protection, on the other hand, has limited options to heal their party; the Light tree can fill in that shortcoming with Echoing Heal and Redemption, without sacrificing defense (Warrior's Bastion).

If you're playing a paladin to do damage, Light isn't going to help. If you're playing a paladin to heal, Light isn't (currently) necessary. But if you're playing a paladin to support a short-handed party, Light can be very useful.
  • just1rndmdad#7709 just1rndmdad Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    You go justice for the cooldown reductions given to your party members. Plain and simple. Having prism and beacon while spamming shield of faith is all the "heals" you need. People want you cd redux n powershares...just like people want a dcs buffs n debuffs.