test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What NEW Realms Inspired Mount would you like to see next?

iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
What new mount from the Forgotten Realms or D&D would you like to see in-game?

Rothé:

These creatures come in at least 3 varieties, Surface/Tundra Rothé (Brown/Grey/Dark Brown), Deep Rothé (Black/Dark Grey found in the Underdark and use magical lights to communicate), and Ghost Rothé (large white rothé with magical abilities that grant them teleportation and silence)
"I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I know everyone has to have so kind of mount they'd like to see added, may it be a re-skin or a newly implemented one. What would you like to see? c:
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Dino's coming t rex pls.. bigggggg

a lot of the current mounts are tiny tiny and with a giant dragonborn it always makes me feel bad having this giant on a tiny mount with all that armor and stuff. lol.

I also seriously dislike the whipping animation that ONLY shows up on cat mounts. not necessary. seems cruel. instead of saying neat kitty I'm all like aww poor mistreated kitty
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • sqyire#2121 sqyire Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Sled dog populated with motley bunch of harnessed mobs like red caps etc
    GWF-Woden: 3800'ish
  • sqyire#2121 sqyire Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Centaur
    GWF-Woden: 3800'ish
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Mounts... I'm still waiting on a Hook Horror companion. :( I think I'd settle for the dino mount that's coming, even though I haven't seen it yet.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    First poster grabbed my first choice, the magic carpet. How about a War Elephant or Pegasus?
  • drsmilingdogdrsmilingdog Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Any kind of winged mount that flies! Just a hover type animation like tensor's disc or the beholder tank where it isn't running on the ground despite having wings lol! An actual dragon for example, or new animation for the griffin and whatnot
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I recently redid my main TR's armor skins to match her pirate hat, using lower level armors and matching colors on shirt to make a coat. But a pirate with out a ship is sad indeed! So something that looks like a ship's longboat, probably flying. Sailing through the ground as if it were water would be better, ala Moorcock's Ship that Sails Over Land and Sea. That might be harder to animate given all possible ground textures. There should be a rowing animation and the stationary spacebar motion would be getting rocked by a wave.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    A dorf on a donkey? Insanity! A proper dorf mount would be a stately ram.

Gimmie my riding goats! Dagnabbit!
    zebular said:

Not really a "mount" per-say, but I'd like to see a mount that just gives the animation of levitating that can be used on NPCs in the Foundry. Not an actual mount graphic, just the illusion of levitation.

On such a note, class-specific mounts that are unlocked via class-quests would be neat and this levitation could be the one for the Control Wizard class. Make them unlock per character, not account wide, to provide for more variance. Seeing fighters levitating around, while not unheard of in the Realms, just would be odd to see for example, especially en masse.

Also, race-specific mounts would also be neat. Like class-mounts mentioned above, make them unlock via class-quests and be per character, not account.

Some ideas on the above:

Class Quest Mounts:

• Control Wizard: A choice of either Levitation "animation" or a Phantom Steed
    • Devoted Cleric: A choice of either Celestial Charger or Hippogriff
    • Great Weapon Fighter: A choice of either a Steel Horse or an Oliphant
    • Guardian Fighter: A choice of either a Stone Horse or an Elephant
    • Hunter Ranger: A choice between types of Large Wild Animals (Deer, Moose, Bear, Tiger, etc)
    • Oathbound Paladin: A choice between colors/patterns of a "Clydsedale-like" Armored Warhorse
    • Scourge Warlock: A choice between a Manticore or a Fiendish Wolf
    • Trickster Rogue: A choice between either a "Shadow" Drake or a Dire Wolf
    Race Quest Mounts:
    • Dragonborn: A choice between colors of "Chromatic" Drakes (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White)
    • Dragonborn (Metallic): A choice between colors of "Metallic" Drakes (Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver)
    • Drow Elf: A choice of either a Cavvekan or a Riding Lizard
    • Drow Elf (Menzoberranzan): A choice of either a Sinister or a Riding Lizard
    • Dwarf: A choice of either a Donkey or a Mule
    • Elf: A choice of either an Armored Elk or a Cath Shee
    • Halfling: A choice of either a Riding Dog or a Pony
    • Human: A choice between patterns/variants of a Warhorse
    • Moon Elf: A choice between a Pegasus or a Cath Shee
    • Sun Elf: A choice between a Giant Eagle or a Cath Shee
    Descriptions:
    • Phantom Steed: You conjure a Large, quasi-real, horse-like creature (the exact coloration can be customized as you wish). It can be ridden only by you or by the one person for whom you specifically created the mount. A phantom steed has a black head and body, gray mane and tail, and smoke-colored, insubstantial hooves that make no sound. It has what seems to be a saddle, bit, and bridle. It does not fight, but animals shun it and refuse to attack it.
    • Celestial Charger: A celestial charger has deep sea-blue, violet, brown, or fiery gold eyes. Males sport a white beard. A typical adult celestial charger grows to 8 feet in length, stands 5 feet high at the shoulder, and weighs 1,200 pounds. Females are slightly smaller and slimmer than males.
    • Hippogriff: Hippogriffs are aggressive flying creatures that combine features of horses and giant eagles. Voracious omnivores, hippogriffs will hunt humanoids as readily as any other meal. A typical hippogriff is 9 feet long, has a wingspan of 20 feet, and weighs 1,000 pounds.
    • Stone/Steel Horse: A magical item that appears to be a full sized, roughly hewn statue of a horse, carved from some type of hard stone or metal. A command word brings the steed to life, enabling it to carry a burden and even to attack as if it were a real horse of the appropriate kind.
    • Oliphant: An oliphant is an apparent modern relative of the mastodon, with down-curving tusks. An oliphant is intelligent enough to be trained as an engine of destruction, attacking with its tusks and heavy forelegs, and can be used in war and for other military duties when armored with leather or scale and plate reinforcements, spikes projecting from head and forelegs, and bearing a castle-like houdas containing archers and pikemen.
    • Dire Wolf: Dire wolves are mottled gray or black, about 9 feet long and weighing some 800 pounds.
    • Cavvekan: Also known as bat-faced dogs, these Underdark natives superficially resemble the dogs of the surface world, except instead of fur they have black, velvet-smooth skin. Their ears are upright and pointed and their noses have leaflike projections similar to those of certain surface bats. They have sensitive whiskers, small eyes, and a slender build.
    • Riding Lizard: These horse-sized lizards are built low to the ground with legs splayed wide. Their steady gait, sense of balance, and ability to walk on walls and ceilings make them ideal mounts for patrolling dark elves.
    • Sinister: The weird mantalike levitating creatures called sinisters have a 9-foot wingspan. Although they are not evil, sinisters are sometimes captured and enslaved with magic and forced to serve the dark elves.
    • Cath Shee: The cath shee, or faerie cat, is a mountain lion-sized feline that live only in elfin and sylvan lands. They have grey-green fur, tufted ears, and large, golden eyes. Like many cats, they are independent, but they can be persuaded to become the companion to woodland elves and other sylvan creatures.
    • Riding Dog: Working breeds such as collies, huskies, and St. Bernards.
    • Pegasus: The pegasus is a magnificent winged horse that sometimes serves the cause of good. Though highly prized as aerial steeds, pegasi are wild and shy creatures not easily tamed. A typical pegasus stands 6 feet high at the shoulder, weighs 1,500 pounds, and has a wingspan of 20 feet. Pegasi cannot speak, but they understand Common.
    • Giant Eagle: A typical giant eagle stands about 10 feet tall, has a wingspan of up to 20 feet, and resembles its smaller cousins in nearly every way except size. It weighs about 500 pounds.
    Sources: Wikipedia, D&DWiki, and my own books.

No Half-Orc... </3
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    -Panda bear
    -A human you ride piggy back (this was someone else's idea, Knox was suggested)
    -Magic carpet
    -skeletal bear, wolf and tiger
    -So we have the water horse and horse with the fire on it - how about an earth and wind one
    -a plague of locusts (can look like whirlwind only with locusts involved)
    -a giant hamster ball with the animation of your character running inside
    -an actual giant space hamster
    -A shape shifting mount - one that every time you summon it appears like one of the other mounts at random (does not get those mounts bonus - just the appearance)
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

No Half-Orc... </3</p>

Whoops. Updated! (Added Half-Elf too! Not that any orc would care. ;) )

A dorf on a donkey? Insanity! A proper dorf mount would be a stately ram.

Gimmie my riding goats! Dagnabbit!

Edited the 2nd choice to be a proper Realms' dwarven mount. :)

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    How about some kickass Purple Worm mount huh?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Another idea are "Boots of Speed" where they come in an assortment of styles and colors, visually replace the user's equipment foot slot when "mounted," and allow the user to move at mount speed without the "appearance" of a mount when "mounted."
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I also seriously dislike the whipping animation that ONLY shows up on cat mounts. not necessary. seems cruel. instead of saying neat kitty I'm all like aww poor mistreated kitty

They use it on stags, and I hate it there too.

I don't really have fanciful ideas about mounts. I mostly hate how the monster ones look. The ones that are animated objects or spells leave me quite cold (I've never lusted after a Tenser's Disc). I like animals* that are naturally an appropriate size to ride, which is possibly very unimaginative of me, but I tend to picture an actual rapport between the character and the mount, and I don't change them often, if at all. But each of my alts does ride something different.

Details do matter to me though. I love the touch of mounts with some kit strapped on them like camping equipment. The Tuigan Courser is one of my favorites. And while I was no fan of the Striders, the fact that the armored one included stuff like a bedroll was a nice touch.

The PS4-exclusives have been really beautiful (Electric Tiger and Cerulean Unicorn?). I guess I just like blue more than green, because the XBox ones never grabbed me as much. But I guess I could add that I like FX on mounts like the trail for Starry Panthers (Rainbow and regular), and more features like a trail of flaming footprints would be neat. I think it was in Cold Run recently where I was marvelling that my Owlbear was leaving realistic prints in the snow. Either I never noticed before or it was a visual I had turned down or off previously.

*Magical animals acceptable. The Starfade and Celestial Stags are lovely and so is the Swift Golden Lion.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    The PS4-exclusives have been really beautiful (Electric Tiger and Cerulean Unicorn?). I guess I just like blue more than green, because the XBox ones never grabbed me as much. But I guess I could add that I like FX on mounts like the trail for Starry Panthers (Rainbow and regular), and more features like a trail of flaming footprints would be neat. I think it was in Cold Run recently where I was marvelling that my Owlbear was leaving realistic prints in the snow. Either I never noticed before or it was a visual I had turned down or off previously.
    ;P There's a reason why Blue is the typical choice visually, its more inviting to the eyes, while green is... ehhh
  • kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    zebular said:

Not really a "mount" per-say, but I'd like to see a mount that just gives the animation of levitating that can be used on NPCs in the Foundry. Not an actual mount graphic, just the illusion of levitation.

On such a note, class-specific mounts that are unlocked via class-quests would be neat and this levitation could be the one for the Control Wizard class. Make them unlock per character, not account wide, to provide for more variance. Seeing fighters levitating around, while not unheard of in the Realms, just would be odd to see for example, especially en masse.

Also, race-specific mounts would also be neat. Like class-mounts mentioned above, make them unlock via class-quests and be per character, not account.

Some ideas on the above:

Class Quest Mounts:

• Control Wizard: A choice of either Levitation "animation" or a Phantom Steed
    • Devoted Cleric: A choice of either Celestial Charger or Hippogriff
    • Great Weapon Fighter: A choice of either a Steel Horse or an Oliphant
    • Guardian Fighter: A choice of either a Stone Horse or an Elephant
    • Hunter Ranger: A choice between types of Large Wild Animals (Deer, Moose, Bear, Tiger, etc)
    • Oathbound Paladin: A choice between colors/patterns of a "Clydsedale-like" Armored Warhorse
    • Scourge Warlock: A choice between a Manticore or a Fiendish Wolf
    • Trickster Rogue: A choice between either a "Shadow" Drake or a Dire Wolf
    Race Quest Mounts:
    • Dragonborn: A choice between colors of "Chromatic" Drakes (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White)
    • Dragonborn (Metallic): A choice between colors of "Metallic" Drakes (Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver)
    • Drow Elf: A choice of either a Cavvekan or a Riding Lizard
    • Drow Elf (Menzoberranzan): A choice of either a Sinister or a Riding Lizard
    • Dwarf: A choice of either a Giant Goat or a Dwarven War-Boar
    • Elf: A choice of either an Armored Elk or a Cath Shee
    • Half-Elf: A choice of either a Donkey or a Cooshee
    • Half-Orc: A choice of either an Orc-Armored Rhinoceros or an Orc-Armored Bear
    • Halfling: A choice of either a Riding Dog or a Pony
    • Human: A choice between patterns/variants of a Warhorse
    • Moon Elf: A choice between a Pegasus or a Cath Shee
    • Sun Elf: A choice between a Giant Eagle or a Cath Shee
    Descriptions:
    • Phantom Steed: You conjure a Large, quasi-real, horse-like creature (the exact coloration can be customized as you wish). It can be ridden only by you or by the one person for whom you specifically created the mount. A phantom steed has a black head and body, gray mane and tail, and smoke-colored, insubstantial hooves that make no sound. It has what seems to be a saddle, bit, and bridle. It does not fight, but animals shun it and refuse to attack it.
    • Celestial Charger: A celestial charger has deep sea-blue, violet, brown, or fiery gold eyes. Males sport a white beard. A typical adult celestial charger grows to 8 feet in length, stands 5 feet high at the shoulder, and weighs 1,200 pounds. Females are slightly smaller and slimmer than males.
    • Hippogriff: Hippogriffs are aggressive flying creatures that combine features of horses and giant eagles. Voracious omnivores, hippogriffs will hunt humanoids as readily as any other meal. A typical hippogriff is 9 feet long, has a wingspan of 20 feet, and weighs 1,000 pounds.
    • Stone/Steel Horse: A magical item that appears to be a full sized, roughly hewn statue of a horse, carved from some type of hard stone or metal. A command word brings the steed to life, enabling it to carry a burden and even to attack as if it were a real horse of the appropriate kind.
    • Oliphant: An oliphant is an apparent modern relative of the mastodon, with down-curving tusks. An oliphant is intelligent enough to be trained as an engine of destruction, attacking with its tusks and heavy forelegs, and can be used in war and for other military duties when armored with leather or scale and plate reinforcements, spikes projecting from head and forelegs, and bearing a castle-like houdas containing archers and pikemen.
    • Dire Wolf: Dire wolves are mottled gray or black, about 9 feet long and weighing some 800 pounds.
    • Dwarven War-Boar Giant boars trained and specially bred for their strength and constitution by many dwarven clans and kingdoms armies. Dwarven war-boars do not have their speed reduced by wearing heavy barding armor.
    • Cavvekan: Also known as bat-faced dogs, these Underdark natives superficially resemble the dogs of the surface world, except instead of fur they have black, velvet-smooth skin. Their ears are upright and pointed and their noses have leaflike projections similar to those of certain surface bats. They have sensitive whiskers, small eyes, and a slender build.
    • Riding Lizard: These horse-sized lizards are built low to the ground with legs splayed wide. Their steady gait, sense of balance, and ability to walk on walls and ceilings make them ideal mounts for patrolling dark elves.
    • Sinister: The weird mantalike levitating creatures called sinisters have a 9-foot wingspan. Although they are not evil, sinisters are sometimes captured and enslaved with magic and forced to serve the dark elves.
    • Cath Shee: The cath shee, or faerie cat, is a mountain lion-sized feline that live only in elfin and sylvan lands. They have grey-green fur, tufted ears, and large, golden eyes. Like many cats, they are independent, but they can be persuaded to become the companion to woodland elves and other sylvan creatures.
    • Cath Shee: Cooshees are large, 200-pound, 4-foot tall hounds and resemble large huskies with green fur and brown spots. Their tail curves up over their back, and they have slightly pointed ears. Their paws are large and heavily clawed. They are known throughout the world as elven dogs, for their features resemble those of elves and they are often found in the employ of elves (who use them as guards). Though they only bark to warn their masters or other cooshees, the bark can be heard clearly up to one mile away.
    • Riding Dog: Working breeds such as collies, huskies, and St. Bernards.
    • Pegasus: The pegasus is a magnificent winged horse that sometimes serves the cause of good. Though highly prized as aerial steeds, pegasi are wild and shy creatures not easily tamed. A typical pegasus stands 6 feet high at the shoulder, weighs 1,500 pounds, and has a wingspan of 20 feet. Pegasi cannot speak, but they understand Common.
    • Giant Eagle: A typical giant eagle stands about 10 feet tall, has a wingspan of up to 20 feet, and resembles its smaller cousins in nearly every way except size. It weighs about 500 pounds.
    Sources: Wikipedia, D&DWiki, and my own books.
    race-class mounts sound fun.
    what about tieflings? :)
    edited June 2017
    qingwen said:

race-class mounts sound fun.
    what about tieflings? :)

Whoops! Added, thanks! Also, added some links to a few of the descriptions with imagery.

Post edited by zebular on
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Awesome, thanks! Threads merged!

• astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    One mount that is unique and non-D&D, is Giant Kangaroo...ride around in "her" pouch!!
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited June 2017
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Knox piggy back mount
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!