test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buying the Tyranny campain boost

piesaregoodpiesaregood Member Posts: 35 Arc User
finally got enough zen to go and buy ToD campain completion, but i cant see it on the zen store presuming its with the ones like DR,IWD,Shar while yes i do need to to IWD, i would rather get the ToD one as no one seems to want to do tia runs until the hoard is 100%.
Is it likly to come back or did i miss my chance to finsh the campain?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I do not think it exists for some reason. They stopped creating the campaing completion tokens in the zen store after mod 3. I really do not know why they stopped creating them. Given how bad and unfun the Elemental Evil Campaign and to a lesser degree the mod 10 campaign are they would probably do bang up business selling campaing completion tokens for those mods.

They did not stop creating campaign completion token after mod 3. There is at least one for Underdark.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10101813-now-available:-underdark-campaign-completion

There is (or was) one for ToD too.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10159632-now-available:-tyranny-of-dragons-campaign-completion

However, I think they took it out because it seems it did not cover WoD portion.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    i think its on some sort of rotation, beacsue now *looking at the zen store*, underdark sharander and dread ring are gone but ice wind dale and ToD is there, but if there is any deveopler watching can u put all campains in, i like doing a campain though once mabye twice, but i got many alts i would just rather save and spend then take all of my alts though EE, RD or even SoMI, ive avoided somi like the plauge even my main hasnt got higher the 15%,
  • Options
    scrath that i closed the zen store to answer a question in guild chat open zen store tod is gone and been replaced with DR >:
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

finally got enough zen to go and buy ToD campain completion, but i cant see it on the zen store presuming its with the ones like DR,IWD,Shar while yes i do need to to IWD, i would rather get the ToD one as no one seems to want to do tia runs until the hoard is 100%.

The ToD campaign completion does exist. One of the youtube channels I follow, BY the People bought one & used it during the Zen sale. Vid. here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dFL-DQ79HQ

The campaign completions are in the services section. I just checked & it is there, near the bottom.
  • Options
    so ive taken photos it doesnt show up for some characters and it does so up for others ill happly show you but i dont know how to upload imgs on the fourms, but for the toon i want it on its doesnt show up and for my alts it shows up :dizzy:
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    From what I'm told if you've started the campaign already you can't buy it.

Move to an alt down the line and check the zen market again.
  • Options
    this is what everyother toon gets
  • Options
    hmm the upload didnt work :(
  • Options

The ToD campaign completion does exist. One of the youtube channels I follow, BY the People bought one & used it during the Zen sale. Vid. here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dFL-DQ79HQ

The campaign completions are in the services section. I just checked & it is there, near the bottom.
    im not saying its doesnt exist what im saying is the character i want it for its on on the zen store (tried to upload photos it failed), but if i log on to a diffrent toon its there, plain as day

• Options
    I got one two weeks ago. I was planning on getting shar too but it wasn't around. Looks like they cycle them.
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Many of the campaign buyouts are set to not show if the character looking in the store can't buy them. Reasons for this would be that the character isn't high enough level, or has completed the campaign already.

ToD does exist as a buyout and isn't on any form of rotation.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You can't buy a completion token to finish off boons if you've already progressed the campaign too far. It's not 100% completion on campaign either. Boons don't generally count towards campaign progression at all; you can be 100% on a campaign and still have incomplete boons. You can be at ~75% completion on a campaign like ToD and still not able to see the token.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited July 2017

You can't buy a completion token to finish off boons if you've already progressed the campaign too far. It's not 100% completion on campaign either. Boons don't generally count towards campaign progression at all; you can be 100% on a campaign and still have incomplete boons. You can be at ~75% completion on a campaign like ToD and still not able to see the token.

What's funny is that 99% of the ToD campaign's difficulty is the final two boons, and it disables the buyout before you even finish the progression type tasks.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Yup, it is not that difficult to progress the ToD campaign to the point of being ineligible to buy it out, long before hitting your frustration threshold for the Linu grind.

If there was a buyout for just those final two boons, even if it was around twenty bucks, I don't doubt people would be all over it.

Or ability to buy Linu's Favors in 10-packs (which would also have an application in buying SH resources).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The ToD buyout doesnt do the final 2 boons anyway - even if you get it on a brand new toon, it does up to the 5th boon and thats it.
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2017

The ToD buyout doesnt do the final 2 boons anyway - even if you get it on a brand new toon, it does up to the 5th boon and thats it.

Wrong. Some guildies bought this while the 50% event and got all boons including the last two. And it doesn't matter if it's a brand new toon or not. As long as you don't pass the border where you can't buy it anymore you always will get everything.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    kisakee said:

Wrong. Some guildies bought this while the 50% event and got all boons including the last two. And it doesn't matter if it's a brand new toon or not. As long as you don't pass the border where you can't buy it anymore you always will get everything.
    That's changed then because myself and other people had bought it when it first came out and it did not give any Linus for the final two boons at all.
  • Options

Yup, it is not that difficult to progress the ToD campaign to the point of being ineligible to buy it out, long before hitting your frustration threshold for the Linu grind.

If there was a buyout for just those final two boons, even if it was around twenty bucks, I don't doubt people would be all over it.

Or ability to buy Linu's Favors in 10-packs (which would also have an application in buying SH resources).

I noticed this while I was looking at it as well. With the M12 update, it should allow you to purchase the buyout if you have even a single boon uncompleted.
  • Options

I noticed this while I was looking at it as well. With the M12 update, it should allow you to purchase the buyout if you have even a single boon uncompleted.
    Is this a promise or just a 'It should, but it wouldn't'?
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Dat sucks!
  • Options
    kisakee said:

Is this a promise or just a 'It should, but it wouldn't'?
    Game development is a magical, interesting, and surprising endeavor. Unexpected things happen all of the time, and even with many years of experience, you still get the joy of discovering new and different ways for things to go wrong. For that reason I cannot in good conscience make promises.

When I say "should" in a case like this I mean that if all goes according to plan, then in M12 a player can purchase the ToD campaign buyout if they have even one single boon unfinished. However, anything can happen between now and then so I cannot guarantee 100% that this will occur. Perhaps the dinosaurs we have so lovingly created will rise up and take over our controlled environment. Maybe a rogue programmer will sneak in a bit of code to lock us out, only to have karma rise up and have him defeated by a small cute dinosaur which seems friendly, but truly isn't, during his escape. Anything is possible.

To make it even more shouldly I'll say that: In M12, ALL existing campaign buyouts should be able to be purchased if any, non-repeatable, portion of them is incomplete. If someone discovers that this is not the case after M12 goes live, please let us know.
  • Options

Game development is a magical, interesting, and surprising endeavor. Unexpected things happen all of the time, and even with many years of experience, you still get the joy of discovering new and different ways for things to go wrong. For that reason I cannot in good conscience make promises.

When I say "should" in a case like this I mean that if all goes according to plan, then in M12 a player can purchase the ToD campaign buyout if they have even one single boon unfinished. However, anything can happen between now and then so I cannot guarantee 100% that this will occur. Perhaps the dinosaurs we have so lovingly created will rise up and take over our controlled environment. Maybe a rogue programmer will sneak in a bit of code to lock us out, only to have karma rise up and have him defeated by a small cute dinosaur which seems friendly, but truly isn't, during his escape. Anything is possible.

To make it even more shouldly I'll say that: In M12, ALL existing campaign buyouts should be able to be purchased if any, non-repeatable, portion of them is incomplete. If someone discovers that this is not the case after M12 goes live, please let us know.

I'll take this as a yes! \o/
    Thank you for hearing us, it's really appreciated.^^
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Are you saying that all existing campaigns will be able to be bought out next mod, or just that the current campaign buyout options should be able to be purchased "if any, non-repeatable, portion of them is incomplete"? @noworries#8859
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options

Are you saying that all existing campaigns will be able to be bought out next mod, or just that the current campaign buyout options should be able to be purchased "if any, non-repeatable, portion of them is incomplete"? @noworries#8859

the latter "just that the current campaign buyout options should be able to be purchased 'if any, non-repeatable, portion of them is incomplete' "
  • Options
    thanks all for the help and to even get a Cryptic Developer in on this chat, but GM got to me though my email, as i have achevied 100% of the story the ToD campain completion is unavaible (i left the boons till lastQQ), unless mabye one day boons also count towards progression(becasue there not "Repeatable" this problem isnt going away :(, so after reading that and feeling angry as i threw actual monies at it aka $68 is what i pay for the U.S $50 (terrible exchange rate :( ) i went off and blew it on 50 keys and 1month vip. With all that said and done, can u please not remove it from the zen store rather have the option to buy it but grey it out, with a (when mouse hovers over it), past completion threshold, this item is no longer avaible to you, it would save a lot of frustration. Cheers, a disapointed, but still loyal gamer
  • Options
    and on the zen store SHOW, that "this item will be unavible for purchase when X% of the campain is completed, i need to go now i feel a keyboard rant comming on :P, see ya in-game
  • Options
    So... did you actually read the posts that say that when you get M12, you WILL be able to buy out the campaign, as NoWorries has changed how it determines eligibility? (Assuming his dinosaur uprising does not occur.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

So... did you actually read the posts that say that when you get M12, you WILL be able to buy out the campaign, as NoWorries has changed how it determines eligibility? (Assuming his dinosaur uprising does not occur.)

i saw it but, i read the email from GM>got angry>spent zen>checked fourm :P lessoned learned,