test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T. Frost our T. Dread

nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
I'm seeing a lot of DC's using T. Frost, currently using T. Dread and T. Plague Fire, can anyone tell me which properties make it better than the other 2?
Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The crowd control property and the extra damage reduction - it provides survivability that plague simply cannot.

I got a frost enchantment all the while back when mod 3 was released, mod 3 was tough for clerics because before they made the major redesign in mod 5 they would generally did not do much damage and fighting most things in Icewind Dale was challenging. The frost enchantment really did help make things easier because of the crowd control property it provides. I notice how much easier it is to do solo content with it as compared to alts that do not have it. For parties it is also a useful property to have in an enchantment, a lot of the speed runners play under the context that there is no challenge to this game other than how fast they can sprint through everything, however I have encountered plenty of parties where the extra breathing space it provides can make a difference in them surviving.

Since clerics will (should) tend to use divine glow in parties, having them them tag a whole bunch of enemies in a mob at the same time with the frost cc can often make a difference if the party wipes or not in the crucial initial first seconds when the mob is surrounding the other players. Then of course on top the cc, it does provide the 10% damage reduction from enemy hits which is just more useful survivability.

A question I have myself is how this compares to the holy avenger enchantment, it also provides survivability stats, a 20% chance to improve damage resistance to 20%, but it has no crowd control feature. The trans holy avenger does cost more more in the auction than the frost, I am not sure if one can use this to say its better to have for the cleric, but even if the holy avenger is considered better, a cleric with a frost enchantment is something that is really useful to have.
  • jojo#2051 jojo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    @clericalist the hold avenger is really expensive, because it's dealing massive dps since the weapon enchantment changes. A lot of gwfs consider it BiS. The defensive buff has an awfully long cooldown however. So it's not really worth it on DCs.
  • smashley#5400 smashley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have all 3 and really still like my dread. The 75% crit severity on crit heals is hard to give up.
    SmAshley >:)
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I have both a TDread and a TFrost and have just been using the Frost these days. You can't go wrong with either one but solo everything melts anyway and in groups Frost offers more utility and usually someone already has a Dread (CW, HR, etc)
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    The challenge here is the build is much different. If you got Dread you should be shooting for 100% crit chance in contrast with PF and Frost you need far less crit chance freeing you up to stack more recovery or power. This makes PF and Frost much more attractive to and AC/DC power buffer.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    My "solo" build is a DO, fully Righteous. The goal is to get to 100% Crit chance, but I'm not quite there yet. For this build, I am using the Aboleth weapon set with the Dread enchant. You just cannot beat it for a high crit build.

My "group buff" build is also DO (mostly Righteous, with 15 points elsewhere) (why not AC? Long story). The plan here is the Fey weapon set, probably with the Frost enchant. The chance of someone else using Dread is just too high.

Then there is the PvP build I will probably make. I'm really not sure what weapon/enchant to use there. Suggestions ?
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    i think feytouched is still king for pvp. It mitigates your targets damage while increasing your own. Total damage may not be as high but since crit chance is less useful in pvp and your goal is to limit burst damage. It's very solid
  • icelantern#6553 icelantern Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I suggest using Frost. Right now I am using Dread but only because the tank I frequently run with uses Frost and the other DC's I typically run with are using Plaguefire.
  • echladion#5629 echladion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I feel like I should already know this, but does Frost trigger our (DC) DoT effects the way Plaguefire and Dread do?
    edited August 2017
    Plague and Dread have a DoT that triggers Bear Your Sins

Frost does not have a DoT effect, therefore it does not proc Bear Your Sins