test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon enchants Holy Avenger.

junius#6073 junius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Strictly from a dps point of view... has anyone tested Holy Avenger as OP? Or any of the other weapon dmg based enchants like bilethorn or plaguefire?

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I like the idea of HA and I absolutely love its look on the weapon (only Brilliant energy being cooler in my book) but I havent tested it on an OP.

On a related note Ive seen some crazy, bis pve GWFs who topped paingiver with Holy Avenger.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Here is an act-log from a fbi-run a while ago with gwf + gf + hr + dc + op

imgur.com/a/FFkhD
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The proc based enchantments generally suck on a Paladin looking for deeps.

Most of the Paladin's DPS comes from and should be focused into Divine Judgement, Aura of Courage, and Sacred Weapon.

DJ barely procs and enchants and the procs don't do much damage when compared to the DJ's hilariously good base damage. Courage, and Sacred Weapon don't proc any enchants, making the proc enchantments useless on those.

Then you have Smite/Shielding Strike/the rest which could potentially make use of the proc enchants, but aren't worth focusing your efforts in boosting due to not being the majority of your DPS.

You'd pretty much always be better with anything which boosts the OP's good base damage, such as Vorpal and Fey.

Of the two, I'd personally pick Fey, as it's good for general purpose OP work (more Templar's TempHP, more Courage damage, damage debuff makes enemies deal less damage to you) and for the fact that stacking enough Crit Severity/CA can make Fey on par, if not slightly better than Vorpal.