test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Protector's Figurine from the daily tasks

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Finished my event dailies and there wasn't any Protector's Figurine as a reward.
Yesterday worked well, got 2 Figurines.
Today, none.

Comments

• blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    It should drop as daily quest reward.

Protector's Figurines
    Binds on Pickup

Pewter figures made to commemorate Eliminster's visit and the rebuilding of Neverwinter. Protector's Figurines are used in the Commemorative Store and can be obtained by completing the Daily Quests in the Protector's Jubileee or purchasing a bag of Protector's Figurines from the Zen Market.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Topic has been escalated to determine if there is an issue with the figurines.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Did dailies yesterday with 4 toons, neither of them received the daily figurine, only the one from box.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I checked with the team and we would appreciate some additional details from players not getting rewards from the dailies. The reward should reset every ~24 hours for players to get a figurine. If you are not getting them after the reset amount of time, please add the following info here:

-Last time you did the daily
    -Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many
    -If no, what time did you last complete a daily task?

Thanks!
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Wait, are you saying these "Dailies" are supposed to reset on a 24hr timer, not "at 3am, like everything else in the game"?

(Because that would explain the behaviour I'm seeing. It's just not how *anything* else works.)
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @nitocris83

So... why should we get the quest itself if it will not drop the reward it suppose to drop?

it's in the event description from Elmister at Protectors Enclave.

The logic thing to happen is you cannot accept this quest before this 24 hours reset, so what will be the point to run it?

Post edited by blag001 on
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

The reward should reset every ~24 hours for players to get a figurine.

Please relate to them that undocumented cooldowns are awful, moreso when the undocumented cooldown does not behave like the standardized reset that we're aware of in over 99% of other cases (a 20 hour cooldown is used for a couple of SH rewards - we hate that too), and not everyone does game activities at the exact same time every day, so it gets really awkward for someone who plays in the evening and then again the following morning.

We relayed all of this last year, and it's annoying that it was disregarded.

Please please please take this feedback seriously. It's one of the most frustrating things, and it keeps happening.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

Hey everyone! I checked with the team and we would appreciate some additional details from players not getting rewards from the dailies. The reward should reset every ~24 hours for players to get a figurine. If you are not getting them after the reset amount of time, please add the following info here:

-Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

Now, this really surprises me: Which quest should give a figurine as reward? I did all the quests that Elminster in the event offered to me on both days and got just those purple packs (and I am pretty sure there was no figurine in my reward description anyway) - so now I have 2 figurines from opening the packs. So I dont think the issue is bound to any timer, I did not get anything even on the first try.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

-Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

Hi @nitocris83. Could you please clarify exactly how players are supposed to get these figurines. My understanding, and experience with four characters, has been that the daily quest does not give a figurine directly at all as a reward from turning in the completed quest to Everminster. The only figurines I have received have been from opening the first Protector's Bounty I have collected on each character each day. As it stands, I can only collect 8 figurines this way between now and the end of the event next Tuesday, so without buying more from the Zen Store or off the AH there doesn't seem to be any certain way of collecting enough Figurines to get either the new mount or the Protector's Garden key.

I believe they are supposed to drop from subsequent Protector's Bounty packs but after opening more than 50 on one character, I have only ever had one appear with the first one opened. A full detailed explanation of how Figurines can be obtained really needs to be posted so that players know whether it worth continuing with the event.

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Please relate to them that undocumented cooldowns are awful, moreso when the undocumented cooldown does not behave like the standardized reset that we're aware of in over 99% of other cases (a 20 hour cooldown is used for a couple of SH rewards - we hate that too), and not everyone does game activities at the exact same time every day, so it gets really awkward for someone who plays in the evening and then again the following morning.

Extra bonus: The figurines come from the packs. The quests that GIVE the packs are NOT on the 20 hour cooldown.

So what happens is that the quest to get the Figurine resets, you take it, you do it, and then you have to avoid collecting the reward until a separate and unrelated and INVISIBLE timer ticks down? If you do the available Daily, which has reset, too early, you lose the Daily rewards?
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    No figurine from dailies for me with any character for two days.

Tuesday (between 18 and 20 hours) and Wednesday (between 16 and 20 hours) with different characters.
    -Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Can I echo all of this, especially the last line. We gave all of this feedback last year. I remember Andy saying that it had been passed on and would be looked at before this years event is on. Clearly something has gone wrong behind the scenes because it seems it has gone from a 20 hour cool down to a 24 hour one.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    nisckis said:

Tuesday (between 18 and 20 hours) and Wednesday (between 16 and 20 hours) with different characters.
    -Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

For me, the only way to get a figurine everyday is to open the first pack of the day.
    The daily task does not give any figurine.
    Hence, all my toon has 2 figurines (2 days x 1 from the pack of daily tasks (or drop)).
    I have not received any figurine drop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Same here. One figurine per day, from the first bounty box, none from daily quests.
  • scanix#5133 scanix Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    So, how are we supposed to get 10 to buy stuff if we only get 1 daily in an event going on for only 7 days? You don't really expect EVERYONE to buy the missing ones in the shop, do you?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    On PC, I did all the quests last night on one character and did not get a single figurine. In fact, the first quest I did for Elminster did not even give me the box at all. On the PS4, I then went and did all the quests on one character and the got boxes from all of the quests. The first box opened properly granted a figurine but that was the only figurine I gained.

In my opinion, and this has been a repeated complaint of mine since the dawn of the game, any seasonal/holiday events should last for a few weeks at least, if not more, allowing for players to gain the highest reward within the first couple of weeks to account for player availability and of course RNG. 7 days is just too short for any main event in the game.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Echoing what beckylunatic is saying here. These hidden cooldowns suck big time and we would really rather that everything resets at server reset time, because that just makes logical sense.

As it stands we can now get 8 (or less if you can't play once every 24 hours exactly) figurines which means we can't even get most of the stuff from the jubilee store without paying zen for more figurines. Not Cool.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I came in just before the infamous MOD6 and as a semi-casual player at the time, I managed to get the Entertainer and Garden Key during the week and it made me a fan of the game. Last year's changes meant that I managed to get one of the thrones but I was surprised at the timed currency, but I was okay with it since I already had the key and simply bought and auctioned off one of the transmutes and didn't think too much about it.

This year, though, the extreme lack of figurines and a mount that is heavily advertised with what appeared to be a high, but still achievable amount of those figurines before the event is really shocking. Now, I have given the devs the benefit of a doubt and have agreed with many recent changes to make it easier on the players, so I can see the oversight here was the new dev team not knowing about how big the changes in the most recent code (last year's event) affected things and simply put the Unicorn into the 2nd highest tier, so hopefully they will see that they do have to do something about the drop rate/cooldown here.

I've been moderately happy with the recent changes made to make the grind less in general, so this really does hit harder because it makes the new items impossible to get without the cash shop, even for those who could try to grind for them. That takes away from the game's greatest strength as being new player/casual gamer friendly. I do think moving back to a point where grinding is still rewarded, but lessened so that it can be alt-friendly again would really help. As it is, I haven't been able to really level up and support an alt because I'm still slowly grinding away to get my main to a respectable place where I can run those higher level dungeons without wiping after two years. I was kind of hoping to try for the mount on both of my characters, but instead, I face not even getting it on my main without spending cash when in the past I was able to grind both if I had the time and would have spent the money for those figurines if I ran short on time to get enough for my alt after I got it for my main. Now, I'm simply hoping to get it for my main and may consider buying a pack of figurines, but not even trying for my alt now. THat's truly discouraging.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    nisckis said:

-Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

No figurine from dailies on third day on any of my characters :(
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2017

-Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

Today
    No
    about five minutes before posting this post - Call it 7 pm

Note: Am I going to be wasting my time trying to complete this quest on all five of my characters, each day or is this something that will be detected when the fix goes through and I should continue to pursue the empty rewards?
    Because that's a lot of time spent for half the potential rewards.

[Edit] I just did this again (10 pm) on a different character and still no Figurine.

[Bonus Edit] I'm also having broken quests on my Hunter Ranger - the Protector's quests aren't showing up and I've been unable to complete the quests for him.
    No Reward for Vixaz.
    Post edited by vixazarahv on
  • taleanataleana Member Posts: 1 Arc User

-Did you get a figurine?
    -If yes, how many

Thanks!

My husband and I both are having this problem today. Two separate accounts.

-Last time you did the daily: June 23 @8:00PM (A little earlier than that actually, but I don't know exact time)
    -Did you get a figurine? NO
    -If yes, how many: N/A - We didn't get one
    -If no, what time did you last complete a daily task? Yesterday (June 22)
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    So I tested - I have an 18 hour cool down on the figurines. Tested at 5.55pm SGT (5 mins prior to daily reset), then at 11.55am SGT the following day - got figurines on all three toons I'm doing Jubilee on.

Edit: I also tested a couple of times in between these two times, and did not receive any figurines.

So I tested - I have an 18 hour cool down on the figurines. Tested at 5.55pm SGT (5 mins prior to daily reset), then at 11.55am SGT the following day - got figurines on all three toons I'm doing Jubilee on.

Edit: I also tested a couple of times in between these two times, and did not receive any figurines.

So... now we gotta remember when we did the event on each toon and hope it's actually the timing and not the broken content... *sigh!*
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

So... now we gotta remember when we did the event on each toon and hope it's actually the timing and not the broken content... *sigh!*
    Yeah, this doesn't work well for me. I work a lot on a varying day to day/night to night schedule and don't get to play at the same time every day. For instance, one day I may be able to get on and play at 8pm while the next day I might only be able to get on and play at 10am and then the following day may not be able to get on until after midnight. So, with how this "guaranteed" drop is on a 24 hour timer from the last drop, my work schedule means I'm be missing out on my guaranteed figurine each day (which means it's not really a guarantee). I only have two figurines on the only character I want to get them on.

While I understand the 24 hour timer was meant to give us a guarantee of getting one per day, that is not what is happening due to it not being player friendly in terms of player availability. The timer should have been set as a hard timer to reset at the same time each day, especially given the low drop rate of the figurine as well as the figurine being removed from the chest reward uptop in the garden. Better yet, there really was no need to implement a figurine drop timer at all, for the 1 guaranteed figurine should have just been left in that chest in the garden.

edited June 2017
    Doesn't make sense to have a different timer for the quest than is being used for just about everything else, unless you want to make it harder for people to actually collect on multiple accounts every day.
    Putting the toys in the final chest was what they did before, wasn't it? It sure made sense to me, as you were supposed to do ALL the Dailies before you could collect... not just collect a box and be done with it.