test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Blog: Stronger Enemies, Stronger Equipment

1235»

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    "For the detail oriented, all enemies in Module 12 will feature increased hit points, defense, attack power, and armor penetration."

My friends are somewhat confused about this line. Does this mean ALL enemies once Module 12 hits will be enhanced, or just enemies in the new area? In other words, are existing polar bears, kobolds, demons all going to be stronger/tougher?
  • skuggros1skuggros1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    My bet it's only the mobs in Jungle of Chult that are getting this upgrade. That's what i gather from the information.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    micky1p00 said:

Agreed.

Say NO to caps on seals !

Isn't that a boonie hat?

Not a baseball cap?

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    skuggros1 said:

My bet it's only the mobs in Jungle of Chult that are getting this upgrade. That's what i gather from the information.

and in the dungeons of this upgrade whatever they are and I think going forward past that.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

blannde said:

Beckylunatic

"One-shots should not happen with great frequency to a well-built character in solo content. Taking a slightly defensive approach to boons and possibly even some insignia and companion bonuses massively cuts down on times you'll get into trouble. So I find anyway."

My comment here was flavored by Mod 6, I had top level trickster rouge and after mod 6 even trash mobs in Sharandar were doing ridiculous amounts of damage. All 3 of my characters were in Icewind dale after mod 6 doing the daily's for even the lower the lower campaigns was so time consuming due to the difficulty the game simply became seriously unfun and when nothing seemed to happen to rectify this, a lot of us quit in disgust and frustration. Eventually the devs listened and I was impressed with the changes they made and came back 3 months later when they had put the fun back into the game. I love this game but if mod 12 is another mod 6 I will leave for good.

I have 20 characters, none of them are just alts for professions etc , all have at least one unique mount and companion, so I spend real money to enjoy the game, buy packs - I think expecting a little lasting value from investing in the game and supporting it financially is not too much to expect.

I buy vip, spend $20 to $30 min on zen a month just for AD, so when the things you spend real money on become useless and theres no trade in like other games yes it makes you feel very "butt" hurt and I spend money because to get gear because I do not have the time or inclination to just grind for hours on end. I play for fun.

Some would say wait and see, but when things go wrong as they did with mod 6, well guess you had to be there.... and I really hope I am wrong.

it sounds to me like they are trying very hard not to make it a repeat of mod 6. I think it will be fine. I could be wrong of course but I think it will be just fine.
    All is well! Remain calm!!! ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    > @santralafax said:
    > "For the detail oriented, all enemies in Module 12 will feature increased hit points, defense, attack power, and armor penetration."
    >
    > My friends are somewhat confused about this line. Does this mean ALL enemies once Module 12 hits will be enhanced, or just enemies in the new area? In other words, are existing polar bears, kobolds, demons all going to be stronger/tougher?

It clearly reads "all enemies in module 12". Nothing written about previous mods.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I've wrote this before. I welcome the new update. Just got word of how the campaign progression will work and I'm cool with it. But it seems many players want hand outs or threaten to quit because content is too hard. A game should be challenging. Gear should be unique and rare. Nothing challenging about killing enemies in 2 strikes. Nothing unique about having the same exact armor as the 4 others in your group. This update will have something for everyone. Its nice to see a dev team try to create balance.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    niadan said:

It is an MMO based on D&D. No company will ever be able to build a game without repeatable quests, grind, etc and stay in business. I do believe that the "concept" of the Foundry could give you some of what you want if it could be properly and economically implemented. With that said, from an MMO perspective I love, and am vested in, this game...Good and bad.

> @dingoballz said:

> ROFLMAO after reading how the new mobs will be stronger and do more damage , mod 6 all over again. When I first started this game like others I was excited about new mods . But after a few of them I like others dread them , knowing the game will be broke again and we will have another mindless endless grind again. Elemental Evil still haunts me and I have not to this day run another toon thru there.

> I left the game for about a year and just returned month or so ago. I can tell you neither RD or SOMI are any fun after a day or 2, just another mindless boring seemingly endless grind. Played real D&D since back in the 70's and never had a GM make us run the same quests over and over again. This game is D&D in name only.

You know this is an MMO right.

The point of my post was how about givng us new quest lines in these places. River District comes to mind ,you can only do 2 quests per day there and 1 is the same quest everyday. If these places had more quests then it would be a few days before you had to do that same quest.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    deleted
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    asterdahl said:

The required item level to enter new dungeons and earn the newest equipment will be high. There will still be some demand for masterwork items, and you can still make them to help your guild mates gear up. We'll continue to watch the market and if necessary make adjustments to material drop rates. Module 12 is not out yet. In addition, even after Module 12's release, the current masterwork equipment will still be the highest item level equipment that can be traded or sold by a notable margin.

This will remain true for the foreseeable future, and when it is no longer true it will be because new recipes became available. All I can say to the concerns about masterwork is that the notion that masterwork equipment will be replaced by equipment that may be earned from difficult endgame content is not going away. We have no plans in the foreseeable future to support "upgrading" masterwork equipment. We will add new recipes and materials when the time is right.

Sadly this shows how little the devs understand their players. I had 3 people who were gathering mats for me to make them full sets of armor. They all cancelled when the new gear was announced, and I haven't made a single piece of armor for anybody since the announcement although I have made weapons (I made 20 or 30 pieces in the week before the announcement and was expecting to make similar numbers after).

Absolutely absurd decision not to give the mastercrafters any chance to make their massive investments back.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2017

It clearly reads "all enemies in module 12". Nothing written about previous mods.

All mobs in Mod6 got the above treatment, in all areas. In Mod7 all mobs got hit points doubled, and a roll-back some time later.

A Mod is a version level for the game, often with sweeping changes--like crippling regen, or obsoleting gear--In All Areas. If they'd said all enemies in Chult, or said "in the new areas," I'd feel more confident. But since a majority feel comfortable with this, I'll let it go.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Santra wants it clarified that the sentence could not be rearranged to read "In module 12, all enemies..." without altering Asterdahl's intent.

(It probably doesn't mean that, but it's grammatically possible.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

All mobs in Mod6 got the above treatment, in all areas. In Mod7 all mobs got hit points doubled, and a roll-back some time later.

A Mod is a version level for the game, often with sweeping changes--like crippling regen, or obsoleting gear--In All Areas. If they'd said all enemies in Chult, or said "in the new areas," I'd feel more confident. But since a majority feel comfortable with this, I'll let it go.
    I am happy to clarify that we won't be adjusting enemies in existing zones or dungeons. The reason I referred to the module as a whole—as opposed to specifying "new areas"—is that sometimes our quest designers may take us back to an existing zone, perhaps a solo instance in an existing area, so I wanted to make sure these instances were encompassed as well.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

I am happy to clarify that we won't be adjusting enemies in existing zones or dungeons. The reason I referred to the module as a whole—as opposed to specifying "new areas"—is that sometimes our quest designers may take us back to an existing zone, perhaps a solo instance in an existing area, so I wanted to make sure these instances were encompassed as well.
    Thank you for that comment, I can relax now :) was worried there there a while
  • alternalix#9445 alternalix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What will be new Arm Pen cap?
    more than 60% now?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    aliance equipment phased out? what will happen with aliance equipment stored at my bank? i hope it dont disappear suddenly. i saved it for double ad event .... can we get one please? soon @asterdahl
  • richardc67richardc67 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    So I logged on and tried to buy from the seal vendor using the seal of protectors that we now get .. and we get level 420 unrestored relic gear that needs to be restored. salvage is 1/3 of what it used to be with the old gear. the regents haven't changed so you need 7,000 voninblod,etc to restore the gear.

So using the seals to salvage AD's has been basically crippled and certainly doesn't sound like how it was described in the blog and comments in here.

Not to mention that using the seals to get "level up gear" as someone progresses is now completely useless.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Buy rings to salvage. It was the best value before the seals change and should remain so. If you have been buying armor for that reason, you are losing value.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • richardc67richardc67 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Buy rings to salvage. It was the best value before the seals change and should remain so. If you have been buying armor for that reason, you are losing value.

Derp. Yes. however, you still can't really use the gear now for any type of gearing up as you progress now.

• arvandor#6690 arvandor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I use a niche build, a sw templock with owlbear, lightning and no crit. Is it possible to make sets of armor with only power and armpen in mod 12, like the companion one, since some ppl do not need cc? At least, i want to be different that the usual sw HB.