test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

50 Enchanted Keys & 1 Month VIP?

During the recent 50% off everything in the Zen market sale I went hog wild (way way overboard) and bought myself 6 of the "50 Enchanted Keys & 1 Month VIP" packs and far too many other items to list (I don't want to think about it).
However to my utter dismay when inspecting my VIP level I notice that it has not changed at all from the level 9 that it was at the start. I'm also fairly certain that a few of the VIP tokens didn't register as by my math the days remaining are a bit short.

I'm hoping that this is an unexpected error that will be addressed and that the purchased VIP will be added to our VIP rank.
If the 30 days of VIP in this pack was intentionally not meant to increase our VIP rank that's pretty cheesy :/

Has anyone else had issues with these packs?

Comments

• xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I've already sent in a ticket, but i figure I'll post it here too. I've been buying the 50 key packs with 1 month of VIP and when I apply VIP it adds the days but my rank doesn't go up. I started at 7, used 4 vip tokens and I'm still 7.

• nevik#0815 nevik Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same problem here. I've not ranked up with that package, can you please inform us about?
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sure it says it extends VIP time only. Nothing about ranking up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I'm pretty sure that the 50 keys + 30 days VIP is not intended to increase rank, as it does not say that it does.

The VIP Zen Item specifically states that it gives an X amount of VIP Points to increase Rank:

While the 50 keys + 30 Days VIP does not:

In any case, I have asked for them to clarify this, whether a rank increase is intended or not with the key+vip days pack.

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So wait... I have a friend who has never had VIP - she bought a single pack yesterday. If it doesn't increase rank - how is she going from a rank 0 - to a rank 1, which is the only way she'd be able to get benefits... right?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Haha, that is an excellent question, VIP for 30 days with no benefits whatsoever.
  • roguegypsy#8334 roguegypsy Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was vip 1 and it expired a few months back. I tried three different times since new patch, to buy another 1 month VIP and its not acknowledging the purchase. Or even giving item. So yeh somethings wrong with theVIP system.
    I've already got like 10,000 days of vip. I wanted the ranks! This sucks. If a rank 0 can go to rank 1 I should be able to rank up too.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    The pack does not increase rank, only the time your current rank lasts. The actual VIP item explicitly states you gain VIP points to increase rank, the key pack does not. It only says it increases VIP days.
    ravenskya said:

So wait... I have a friend who has never had VIP - she bought a single pack yesterday. If it doesn't increase rank - how is she going from a rank 0 - to a rank 1, which is the only way she'd be able to get benefits... right?

It cannot extend days if one doesn't have VIP, so the item might grant you your first rank of VIP. It only extends your VIP if you already have VIP. I'll see if I can get further clarification on this last bit
    Post edited by zebular on
  • chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Honestly you guys shouldn't complain. You pretty much bought 80 keys for 2500 zen. All you need is vip 1.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yes i confirm is Just 30days extension... You guys know if 50off zen market pop again be4 event done ??? Tt
  • chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    > @arkai#8115 said:
    > Yes i confirm is Just 30days extension... You guys know if 50off zen market pop again be4 event done ??? Tt
    >

No
  • sinseraphim#6867 sinseraphim Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I know a lot of ppl who were disappointed by this. Best to read the fine print I guess.
    Yeah i wish they would clarify this stuff. We shouldn't have to come to the forums and compare the writing of 2 different packs to figure out what 1 pack does.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The item did exactly what it says it would. You guys assumed it would do something it didn't say it would and we all know what happens when you assume.

I'm not sure I see the problem....
  • bomber#0573 bomber Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    @oldbaldyone said:
    The item did exactly what it says it would. You guys assumed it would do something it didn't say it would and we all know what happens when you assume.

I'm not sure I see the problem....
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Following that line of logic the item in question didn't state that it wouldn't increase the VIP rank either.
    Clarification was needed by me and and many other players on the topic and that clarification was given by Zeb.
    It would be nice if it stated "This item will not increase VIP rank" right in the description then folks wouldn't have to guess.

There's is no problem, there was a question and an answer....

Thanks for your input though :)
    > @zebular said:
    > I'm pretty sure that the 50 keys + 30 days VIP is not intended to increase rank, as it does not say that it does.
    >
    > The VIP Zen Item specifically states that it gives an X amount of VIP Points to increase Rank:
    >
    >
    >
    > While the 50 keys + 30 Days VIP does not:
    >
    >
    > In any case, I have asked for them to clarify this, whether a rank increase is intended or not with the key+vip days pack.

Thanks @zebular for the clarification and prompt response :)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Due to the requirements to implement this bundle, the VIP from this bundle will not give ranks past 1 (this is done in order to activate the benefits).

We are looking into how we can update the bundle in the future so that the VIP token will provide ranks but we have no specifics or ETA at this time.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I guess I just assume things only do what they say....but glad this got clarified for you guys.
    Thanks @nitocris83 for the update :)
  • odinar#5409 odinar Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @chadworth66 said:
    > Honestly you guys shouldn't complain. You pretty much bought 80 keys for 2500 zen. All you need is vip 1.

Actually, I purchased 2 packs (100 keys) with the same expectation that it would bump my Rank 10 to 12. I was flabbergasted to discover that it did not. Obviously, if you are a seasoned player you understand their descriptions, but for a noob like myself who is only familiar with purchasing VIP through the normal tab, I honestly did not think there would be a difference when i see something else offering "VIP". This is not the only thing they are unclear on in their descriptions as i have had this happen to me on other occasions thinking i was getting something but nope i was wrong. A simple line stating "this pack does not increase you VIP Rank" would have made all the difference and NO, i would not have paid 5000 zen for 50 keys alone, the thought of increasing my rank to 12 was the seller. So disappointed that even after making a ticket for this item, they basically spat in my face and said your an idiot. I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING IN GAME EVER AGAIN.
  • odinar#5409 odinar Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @bomber#0573 said:
    > During the recent 50% off everything in the Zen market sale I went hog wild (way way overboard) and bought myself 6 of the "50 Enchanted Keys & 1 Month VIP" packs and far too many other items to list (I don't want to think about it).
    > However to my utter dismay when inspecting my VIP level I notice that it has not changed at all from the level 9 that it was at the start. I'm also fairly certain that a few of the VIP tokens didn't register as by my math the days remaining are a bit short.
    >
    > I'm hoping that this is an unexpected error that will be addressed and that the purchased VIP will be added to our VIP rank.
    > If the 30 days of VIP in this pack was intentionally not meant to increase our VIP rank that's pretty cheesy :/
    >
    > Has anyone else had issues with these packs?

I am so glad to hear that i am not the only one that misunderstood this. I purchased 2 packs (100 keys) with the same expectation that it would bump my Rank 10 to 12. I was flabbergasted to discover that it did not. Obviously, if you are a seasoned player you understand their descriptions, but for a noob like myself who is only familiar with purchasing VIP through the normal tab, I honestly did not think there would be a difference when i see something else offering "VIP". This is not the only thing they are unclear on in their descriptions as i have had this happen to me on other occasions thinking i was getting something but nope i was wrong. A simple line stating "this pack does not increase you VIP Rank" would have made all the difference and NO, i would not have paid 5000 zen for 50 keys alone, the thought of increasing my rank to 12 was the seller.

My brother sold me on this game promising that they care about the community and value their players. What is so disappointed that even after making a ticket for this item, they basically spat in my face and said your an idiot. I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING IN GAME EVER AGAIN!
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

I am so glad to hear that i am not the only one that misunderstood this. I purchased 2 packs (100 keys) with the same expectation that it would bump my Rank 10 to 12. I was flabbergasted to discover that it did not. Obviously, if you are a seasoned player you understand their descriptions, but for a noob like myself who is only familiar with purchasing VIP through the normal tab, I honestly did not think there would be a difference when i see something else offering "VIP". This is not the only thing they are unclear on in their descriptions as i have had this happen to me on other occasions thinking i was getting something but nope i was wrong. A simple line stating "this pack does not increase you VIP Rank" would have made all the difference and NO, i would not have paid 5000 zen for 50 keys alone, the thought of increasing my rank to 12 was the seller.

My brother sold me on this game promising that they care about the community and value their players. What is so disappointed that even after making a ticket for this item, they basically spat in my face and said your an idiot. I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING IN GAME EVER AGAIN!

Welcome to Neverwinter Customer service - where they take a simple misunderstanding and make sure you regret ever spending a dime on the game. It's a skill really.

what this game needs is a "CS ticket" emote - where you character gives everyone the finger ala "office space," Only earned after dealing with customer service.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• fede#6678 fede Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The box have a message "For additional information about vip, please open the zen market or vip info", if you go to zen market and vip info it says some about acummulation vip. So the box should increase your level vip!!!

@Odinar " I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYTHING IN GAME EVER AGAIN."

I agree with you.
  • demonangel2011#0873 demonangel2011 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have bought that twice and my VIP level never goes up....please fix this asap as the VIP part is why I bought this pack to get me to lvl 12 vip
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    happened to me too (PC)
    edited August 2017
    The pack does not increase the rank beyond 1, this is how it was intended but due to feedback they are considering making it do so in the future. It doesn't say it increases VIP rank while the actual VIP rank increasing item does. This was confirmed some time ago. Moving and merging this in general with an existing thread as there is no bug here.
    zebular said:

I'm pretty sure that the 50 keys + 30 days VIP is not intended to increase rank, as it does not say that it does.

The VIP Zen Item specifically states that it gives an X amount of VIP Points to increase Rank:

While the 50 keys + 30 Days VIP does not:

In any case, I have asked for them to clarify this, whether a rank increase is intended or not with the key+vip days pack.

Due to the requirements to implement this bundle, the VIP from this bundle will not give ranks past 1 (this is done in order to activate the benefits).

We are looking into how we can update the bundle in the future so that the VIP token will provide ranks but we have no specifics or ETA at this time.

• demonangel2011#0873 demonangel2011 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    All I can says is it kinda feels like I was cheated. Granted yes we got the keys for 100 and each but come on, it should have been staged it didn't increase rank. Not sure I woulda bought it still
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @demonangel2011#0873 said:
    > All I can says is it kinda feels like I was cheated. Granted yes we got the keys for 100 and each but come on, it should have been staged it didn't increase rank. Not sure I woulda bought it still

Says in plain English it extends current VIP. Key word "current". Cannot blame the devs for ignorance.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    xinexix said:

Yeah i wish they would clarify this stuff. We shouldn't have to come to the forums and compare the writing of 2 different packs to figure out what 1 pack does.

You are right. You should compare them in game before making any purchase. If they are unclear, you should come to the forum & ask for feedback before purchase. If you want to submit an informal bug report, you have to include a dev's @handle to increase the chances they will see it, because otherwise they receive no notification of the post.