test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Change Item

morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Is there any class change item? cause i created a priest leveled to 70 but after played it, i dont like it. And will be bad delete it. I checked a z-store looking for that type of item and nothing.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    No there is not. It has been brought up and acknowledged by the Devs but they have not indicated that it was something that they would add.

It's a bad idea to delete a character though. Make a new one and use the old for storage.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    :( what a bad new for me, and rare a actual game dont have that option when most of games have that option. But i will keep it there some months till i get bored of see it :)
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I....don't think I've ever seen that option in a game before.

Closest I can think of is games like FFXI and FFXIV that just natively allow a single character to be multiple or all classes.

Neverwinter does support purchasing a level 70 character, which is in many ways better than a class change, because it allows you to keep your cleric in case you change your mind, as well as to continue to invoke, run professions, act as extra inventory space, and salvage surplus things for you.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It is fairly quick to level a new character to 70.

So just buy a new character slot and go at it.
    I can see reasons why a class change would be desirable. Getting to Level 70 may be easy, but completing multiple campaigns, farming achievements (some of which are no longer available) and leveling professions takes time.

I returned to the game last August after leaving in mod 4. At that time, I had 9 characters, 2 CW, 2 DC, 2 TR, GWF, GF, HR. I didn't want more characters, but did want a SW and OP. Had the option been available, the 2cd TR would have become a SW and the DC an OP. None of these characters were leadership/prayer alts. They all had achievements and boons. It is a chore trying to play them. It was only last month that I finally finished them all through mod 9. Half have finished SKT and 6 TCA. I've added a SW but haven't been able to work on an OP.

Had I been able to change classes, it would have been welcome. Buying a.new char isn't an issue, it's what comes after. The time doing mods 1 through 10 on the SW could have advanced the older characters significantly.
  • morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Yes maybe is fast level a 70, and do again al sharandar campaign, all maze campaign, all dragon campaign too?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231670/tomb-of-annihilation-reactions/p4
    not trying to dereail this thread, posted a few ideas about how to lessen at least the (campaign) grind for new characters in the other thread, with a bit more player support for these ideas, we might at least see an account-wide campaign unlock in the future...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Class change token? So everyone could roll with a favor of the month at will? No ty. Thankfully not gonna happen. Also it takes a lot of time to finish sharandar/maze campaigns so you basically saying you been playing your cleric a lot and suddenly decided you dont like the class? Right... Would love to hear what are those "most of games" as in mmorpg that allow you to change CLASS with cash shop tokens 0_0 Clerics are in high demand at the endgame & you have 2 character slots by default btw :P
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

Yes maybe is fast level a 70, and do again al sharandar campaign, all maze campaign, all dragon campaign too?
    You play this game to *play* it right? What is the hurry?
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I can see were class change items would be undesirable some classes are simply more painful to level. Either due to slow DPS or need of lots of heals/regen or juSLOWe classes are st undurable, some classes are SLOW to level. So you can switch between class with a click and and a item? Why level the pain class? Lvl easy mode then switch....

Problem:
    1. A shortage of hard to lvl class as they ascend to L70.....leaving a server shortage of that class available for groups etc. EVERY class has a niche, a shortage effects all.
    2. A cluster if incompetent players @L70 for their class type. You learn the ins and outs and how to really play your class as you lvl it up. If you played as a GWF getting to L70, then switch to DC @ L70, you are going to s.ukx as a healer.
    3. A glut of a class @ L70, everyone is going to want to play the "fun" class, whatever it is flavor of the month wise, leaving holes in the other classes available. If you level 1 type, then another, when a group is short a heal or tank or a dps, you have your second class you can call on to fill the hole, if you just change 1 toon back and forth, whats the point of developing (and learning) more characters, it breeds mediocrate.
    4. Gear progression, if you have the gear for class A. and you switch to class B. how you going to balance the gear between the classes, how you going to acquire it for that matter, is it going to magicly morph into the new classes needs? A SW has gear stat needs far different than a GF.

Just a few thoughts....
    But NW can monetize it, I'm sure they will get right on it, even if it frells the game up.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    As a general statement, I would rather play with a person who has learned their character while they leveled them up through the storyline quests and campaigns than a person who purchased or switched the character at level 70. It provides time to learn how to play the character type and be relatively proficient at it. I know there are exceptions, but . . . just saying.

Besides--look at how fast you could earn the sigil artifacts if all you did was switch at level 70 with a token :p
    All of these issues already exist in the game. Leveling up through the campaign is the exception rather than the rule, especially for characters after the first. The leveling campaign does nothing to teach players how to do their roles in a group. You can level a new character to 60 in no time and get a friend to carry you through Vault of the Nine. Cryptic will gladly sell you a level 70.

If you don't want to group with bad players, don't group with randoms. Allowing a class change wouldnt change anything for the people following FotM. Good players will work and learn a new role, bad players never knew it to start with.