test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 11 Weapons ... any analysis?

chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
I thought I'd check with you guys on any analysis as to Mod 11 weapon preference for a TR. I have to admit to being a bit overwhelmed with the new content and stupidly busy in real life, as I never was able to get all the boons yet from SOMI. Any set bonus preferable to others? Thanks!

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The aboleth weapons look to be the best for PVE out of the 4 on a TR.

The mirage weapons have real potential in pvp, I'm considering getting a pair of mirage weapons myself even though I have relic weapons. The summoning 3 duplicates could prove a nice distraction in pvp and the damage bonus against tanky enemies also looks nice.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    Interesting. Thanks. I hadn't thought about PVP since I haven't bothered with PVP in ages since it never seems to change or get better. Food for thought.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I might go for mirage later, just because I'm getting sick and tired of killing Gyrion on multiple chars.

The thought of even trying to land duelist flurry on that teleport spamming SOB....
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I just looked up this aboleth weapon set since xbox does not have it and I don't know when we will and the blogger made it sound really good but didn't include the actual stats, are they better then the twisted set with the set bonus? If so i won't bother spending days trying to get into epic demogorgon and not get in once to try to get them.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    The stats are the same as the relic weapons (so better than twisted). Only the set bonus is different.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I just looked up this aboleth weapon set since xbox does not have it and I don't know when we will and the blogger made it sound really good but didn't include the actual stats, are they better then the twisted set with the set bonus? If so i won't bother spending days trying to get into epic demogorgon and not get in once to try to get them.

There are weapon 4 sets that came out with module 11, the aboleth weapons included. I don't know if you have the relic weapons or not on your platform but those are another weapon set from module 10.5. All 5 of these sets I mentioned do way more damage than twisted weapons do and would still do more damage than twisted weapons even if they had no set bonus. The reason for their damage increase over twisted is because all of these new weapon sets grant more power and more weapon damage just by themselves and their set bonuses grant even more damage on top of that.

Relic weapons are BIS for damage in PVE but are harder to upgrade because they require special marks from Assault on Svardvorg that other artifact weapons don't use. The 4 weapon sets from module 11 have all the same stats as relic weapons except for their set bonuses. These other set bonuses do less damage than the relic weapon set bonus but these 4 weapon sets use normal upgrade marks and are easier to upgrade than relic weapons are.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Mirage may complicate a stealth build... your shadow clones may draw unwanted aoe or slash damage while in permanent stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It sounds strange, but i think i'll give the one fey weapons with 10% Ap gain (ok forget the 6% outgoing heal) a try.

I still think, that for Bis Tr it becomes more and more important, to get the Daily ready as fast as possible.
    So we benefits way more often from the passive dps boost IA and Invisible Infiltrator, maybe for the sacrifice of Black Alley Tactics.

But i will still hold my Relic weapon in the back, if i am not happy with my choice.
  • coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I decided to replace my burning daggers for the mirage set and noticed an increase in damage ... if some conditions can be achieved. First, the mini me are squishy and they require at least 2 aoe like smoke bomb and dazing strike to control the mobs. Second, bosses are mostly imune to the encounters above and is a must have to let the tanks take aggro and position myself sideways of the big guns. Third, mini me work better against humanoid shaped enemies, less so against *hulks*. One unexpected thing is the master of illusion ability transform even your companion in a clone of yourself and it is funny to see my Con Artist changed in a halfling with a big greatsword!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    After extensive testing I can say that my original worries were accurate.

Mirage in pvp is not do good.
    Enemies kill the mirages to heal with lifesteal.

Mirage in pve makes monsters use aoe and blows your perma stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I farmed Aboleth for my WK and am not thrilled with the dancing mob effect. So much comes down to reading what they are going to do next and the effect masks all of the tells except for the red splat.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother