test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is the individual's score determined when rolling for loot?

shaddomastershaddomaster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Its in the title really... ive just seen some weird scores show up & would really like to know how they are arrived at.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    what do you mean by "score" in this respect?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Everyone picks between Need, Greed or Pass. You can only choose Need if it is an item that your class can use. For group content, this is rare as mostly we are talking rank 5 enchants and Insignia. Otherwise, depending on party leader's settings, it could be different.

The game generates a "d100" roll for each person and compares the scores of everyone who chose Need. High score wins.

If no one chose Need, it does the same thing for those who chose Greed. High score wins.

If no one chose Need OR Greed, the item is tossed on the ground from spot of the person who grabbed it. At this point, anyone in the group who wishes to do so can pick it up with no additional roll, free for all.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • shaddomastershaddomaster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    If its a d100 die, how could a player come up with a score of 731? This latest incident happened only this morning, going through one of those lvl 12 to 30 dungeons.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    So and so won with a score of 73!, would be my guess. I don't suppose you got a screenshot? An exclamation point would look nearly identical to a 1.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Didn't think of screenshot at the time... just kept puzzling over it afterwards... i rolled 91 & lost, so their score couldn't have been 73 since they won. This is not the first time (tho rare, I admit) something like this has happened.

I just can't figure how that kind of a score could happen...
    I have to suspect that someone has come up with a hack of some sort...
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

OBJECTION!! Pure speculation!

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Methinks the @litaaers doth protest too much 0,o
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

litaaers said:

Methinks the @litaaers doth protest too much 0,o
    Sorry. Watching too much Law and Order...

Objection overruled... just stating a very obvious conclusion... i really, really don't actually think that Neverwinter game is out to get me personally (despite how I might sometimes feel in my heart of hearts :)) ).

I did a bit of web surfing on the topic of mmorpg hacks & I see that such a thing is possible... don't ask me for details, because I don't have anything.

I just see from what I read that hacks happen.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    It would seem a rather foolish hack to use if it actually displays evidence of its use. Like impossibly high rolls.

It just seems much more likely that something else is at work here.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Their Need roll of 73 would win over your Greed roll of 91, just to provide a likely scenario, if you can recall how you rolled.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Their Need roll of 73 would win over your Greed roll of 91, just to provide a likely scenario, if you can recall how you rolled.

I might be mis-remembering, but I think that if someone chooses need an you choose greed, It doesn't even tell you your roll in the popup.

I think it says something like "Becky won with a role of 13!" and "You chose greed"

Bonus with respect to Law & Order: eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable :P
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You're jogging my memory and I think you're right.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia