test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why is gwf so terrible.(i'd love a "transfer all boons,comps,acc bound,char bound,etc items" to alt)

guerillaface#5288 guerillaface Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PvP Discussion
as far as ive seen in pvp,any class there is can depend on a single thing to win a fight/
tr use 1shots
HR is op
GF use shieldhug etc

i am gwf(3300gs+),it has the lowest hitrate of all classes,it has no 1shot skills or shield to hide behind or ranged R2
i tryed googling gwf,it has no love at all.there are few build to be found gwf pvp and they are all bad i must say lol.dont get me wrong,i am very satisfied with the strenght of my character.

so this is why i would love an option to transfer everything i have,all bound items,allboon,companions,isignias,char bound....items to be transfered to an existing alt of mine so i can ditch this bad class.if i have to wait for pvp to get fixed it will take me a year.
Post edited by guerillaface#5288 on

Comments

• Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Same for SW.
    As you already may know, stacking defense and deflect is useless against piercing and burst damage. Both ignores deflect, piercing ignores deflect, defense and tenacity. Piercing shouldn't be able to ignore tenacity tho but you know cryptic devs.. they care less.

Your gwf build should be like this.
    Stack Hp as much as you can.
    Stack lifesteal, 20% is enough for a gwf.
    Stack power, defense and arp and movement.

Try to get 4.3k :) cuz item level matters in pvp.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    edited June 2017
    ty for ur helpfull words man.i think im on the right track.i dont think it is because im weak but because the balance in pvp.
    im at 151k hp atm
    29k power
    6k pen(almost soft cap 55% pen)
    15,2% lifesteal 42,5% deflect 4642k defense.
    movement is good thnx to insignia bonus.

altho we tend to be more tanky
    gwf is so much in the disadvantage,i find the low hitrate the biggest problem(altho unstoppable solves all the control and trap issues)
    and no way to defend with shield or stealth,just take hits and try to hit hard.

also ive seen that all other classes can dodge the tr daily with the L3 but gwf sprint cannot.
    Post edited by guerillaface#5288 on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    rotters said:

your Arp is no where near high enough. youll need to at least double it. And gwifs being weak is funny. they are one of the strongest classes in the game right now.

Try PVP'ing as an SW.

Tab

no Hr are the strongest class atm.especially vs a gwf ,hence the coming nerf.

it is better having 29k power and 6500 pen then *24k power and 12k pen* (because of guild boons choice)
    what good is armor pen when u dont have power.i am at the soft cap right now of my pen and it is way better then the*

gwf are not weak on its own.but other classes depend on 1 single thing to win a battle
    tr 1shot
    gf shieldhug
    pally heal and buff.
    and they can still get a high dps rating even tho they are support classes and not dps classes.(tr not support class b4 i get sniped on that subject)

btw the top gwf in the game on ps4 uses the same setup.(not because i copied him but because it is a good build.)

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Im just saying that as a gwf with either 35k power and 10k armor pen or 30k power and 18k armor pen I still hit less then IV GF's with 25k power and 8k armor pen. That just doesn't seem right lol.

Current stats on my GWF are 30k power, 18k armor pen, 175k hp, 35%deflect and 45% lifesteal with a valhalla set on. @guerillaface Do you play on xbox? I can probably give you a few tips because ive been playing it so long but you can only go so far with the crappy mechanics we got right now.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options

Im just saying that as a gwf with either 35k power and 10k armor pen or 30k power and 18k armor pen I still hit less then IV GF's with 25k power and 8k armor pen. That just doesn't seem right lol.

Current stats on my GWF are 30k power, 18k armor pen, 175k hp, 35%deflect and 45% lifesteal with a valhalla set on. @guerillaface Do you play on xbox? I can probably give you a few tips because ive been playing it so long but you can only go so far with the crappy mechanics we got right now.

lol thats OP xD
    i agree with u about the pen but i have no way to get more atm without giving up my power boon.but i think it works way better then when i used the pen boon.

hmm i use the orcus set right now.
    valhalla set =Whenever an enemy attacks the bearer, that enemy's damage is reduce by 3% for 6 seconds. Stack up to 5 times. ok i ques thats usefull but orcus seems better?
    i have no clue atm how u managed to get ur stats that high 0.0 maybe xbox is diffrent i dunno.i play it at ps4
  • Options
    edited June 2017

lol thats OP xD
    i agree with u about the pen but i have no way to get more atm without giving up my power boon.but i think it works way better then when i used the pen boon.
    i would love cross platform and see u fight our top gwf.he appereantly has the best gwf build and ppl pay him for his build.all the best gwf use it.but he doesn not have a build like u. our top gwf is rolling with 40k+ power and 7k pen

valhalla set =Whenever an enemy attacks the bearer, that enemy's damage is reduce by 3% for 6 seconds. Stack up to 5 times. ok i ques thats usefull but orcus seems better?
    i have no clue atm how u managed to get ur stats that high 0.0 maybe xbox is diffrent i dunno.i play it at ps4
  • Options
    pandoratanakapandoratanaka Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    GWF is fine in PVP right now (If you put effort in your character). It's the most gear-hungry class out of ALL of classes. So if you're undergeared or even average, it's pretty much the worst class.

As mentioned:

- Stack HP (You should not be satisfied until you hit 215K HP). Get Deepknight's Brigantine and the HP guild boon.
    - You should at least have 12K Armorpen
    - A Transcendent Feytouched is VERY important
    - Get a Negation (I currently run Shadowclad, which is a nice, cheap alterntive). If you can afford Negation though, go for it. Or else go Shadowclad.
    - Wheel of Elements
    - MOUNT INSIGNIAS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Get them

- HR is not unbeatable.. but still difficult. You need to have good footwork and avoid their hits (Don't get caught in plant growth, seriously) . Be patient, wait for your buffs, then 2-shot the HR. Or else you're dead. Don't let them heal back via that stupid at-will spam

- Shocking Exeuction is not a problem anymore once you're over 200K HP (unless the TR is buffed / you're debuffed). Yes, the Shocking is gonna take more than half of your HP, but you're gonna heal back quickly (Assuming you did your boons / picked incoming healing)

- Guardian Fighter hits too hard for a tank... but if you have enough deflect, you can deflect their Griffon's wrath and counter-attack quickly, and with luck, you can put them at low HP and continue fighting.
  • Options
    rotters said:

your Arp is no where near high enough. youll need to at least double it. And gwifs being weak is funny. they are one of the strongest classes in the game right now.

Try PVP'ing as an SW.

Tab

Warlock is honestly a blast in PVP (imho). It has a pretty insane survivability and mobility if you go Temptation Soulbinder. My 8.6K alt can survive 1v1 against a lot of BiS people. It's glorious. It deals no damage, though.

Fury on the other hand has limited mobility and really squishy.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

GWF is fine in PVP right now (If you put effort in your character). It's the most gear-hungry class out of ALL of classes. So if you're undergeared or even average, it's pretty much the worst class.

As mentioned:

- Stack HP (You should not be satisfied until you hit 215K HP). Get Deepknight's Brigantine and the HP guild boon.
    - Get a Negation (I currently run Shadowclad, which is a nice, cheap alterntive). If you can afford Negation though, go for it. Or else go Shadowclad.
    - Wheel of Elements

- HR is not unbeatable.. but still difficult. You need to have good footwork and avoid their hits (Don't get caught in plant growth, seriously) . Be patient, wait for your buffs, then 2-shot the HR. Or else you're dead. Don't let them heal back via that stupid at-will spam

- Shocking Exeuction is not a problem anymore once you're over 200K HP (unless the TR is buffed / you're debuffed). Yes, the Shocking is gonna take more than half of your HP, but you're gonna heal back quickly (Assuming you did your boons / picked incoming healing)

- Guardian Fighter hits too hard for a tank... but if you have enough deflect, you can deflect their Griffon's wrath and counter-attack quickly, and with luck, you can put them at low HP and continue fighting.

well how do i get more armor pen?seems my only option is switching to pen boon and lose the power.
    yes very gear hungry,gwf needs to be fixed. if i had known this before,id pick other class.
    thats why i want everything to be transferable to other chars so i can ditch gwf.

• Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    GWF is one of the classes that need to be extreamly BIS to compete PVP (SW as well)
    there are no shortcuts for GWF, no piercing damage and allmost 0 control.
    you need lot of stat, boons and equip to survive and do damage

i am not playing GWF, but i can tell you the strong ones i meet have tons of ArP.

overall if its your first toon and you look for PVP, i whold recomend other classes.
    HR, TR, GF, DC, OP are all good for beginners.
    GWF is at the bottom of the food chain now.
  • Options
    plavia said:

GWF is one of the classes that need to be extreamly BIS to compete PVP (SW as well)

i am not playing GWF, but i can tell you the strong ones i meet have tons of ArP.

overall if its your first toon and you look for PVP, i whold recomend other classes.

impossible.i dont have 1000 bucks to spend on this game :(
    the entire topic of this topic actualy was that i wanted to be bound items,comps,boons transferable and i am trying to get this to the attention of more ppl even tho im probly tring in vain this will never happen
  • Options

As mentioned:

- Wheel of Elements

well how do i get more armor pen?seems my only option is switching to pen boon and lose the power.
    yes very gear hungry,gwf needs to be fixed. if i had known this before,id pick other class.
    thats why i want everything to be transferable to other chars so i can ditch gwf.

Wich spam heal is this ur talking about? i dont know this yet.
    the plant growth i know yes ;)
  • Options
    sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    What rank enchants do you have? Besides gear gwf takes a bit skill to pvp with. I currently have rank 10s and 9s and do fine in pvp, and at one point all rank 7s and still doing decent. Also come down how you build your character
  • Options
    sirrappro said:

What rank enchants do you have? Besides gear gwf takes a bit skill to pvp with. I currently have rank 10s and 9s and do fine in pvp, and at one point all rank 7s and still doing decent. Also come down how you build your character

beside 1 R9 i have full R10,and my augment has R9
    i have a greater negation and greater feytouch.
    Doing fine is the problem i think. other classes do "fine" at a much lower gs.
    i agree,there were times a wasnt happy at all with my build.but now i am very satisfied.
  • Options

As mentioned:

- Wheel of Elements

Wich spam heal is this ur talking about? i dont know this yet.
    the plant growth i know yes ;)
    HR has a ridiculous amount of self-heal. They can regain HP very quickly simply by spamming Split Strike (The At-will)

Get away from them and strike at key moments, or else the damage you do to them is useless.

From what I've gathered so far Combat HR's aren't as mobile as their Jumping-Frog cousins (The Trappers). Combat HR's are relatively slow, most, if not all, do not use Marauder's Rush (The Gap closer).
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    plavia said:

so are you saying playing Cw then is not for beginners and is an advanced class in pvp : D
  • Options
    all in favor of the service im suggesting?
    to help u find wich class fits u best.
    all like this comment pls
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    what about all the gear that was bound to a certain class you want that to magically change to ??/ lol I dont think so
  • Options
    dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Guerilla you know me. We fight often.

Idk if you remember when I first started hanging out in IWP, I was 3k even and I was getting ROFL stomped by everyone I fought. But I stuck with it and I learned, and well you see where that's gotten me now lmao.

Idk GWFs but I do know that they have something that can dodge SE. I watched Vex and Peace practicing it a few months ago. As for HRs they're your counter in the RPS this game has, they're going to be a difficult fight especially against a good combat, get your HP up you want at least 200k, raise your LS, and check your mount bonuses. I've seen GWFs survive vs HRs so it's definately possible.

So learn, find someone that's willing to practice with you so you can learn timings, and check your stats.

-Dandello
  • Options
    kalina311 said:

what about all the gear that was bound to a certain class you want that to magically change to ??/ lol I dont think so

well no,if i am switching to a other class,i wont need the class bound items.
  • Options

Idk if you remember when I first started hanging out in IWP, I was 3k even and I was getting ROFL stomped by everyone I fought. But I stuck with it and I learned, and well you see where that's gotten me now lmao.

Idk GWFs but I do know that they have something that can dodge SE. I watched Vex and Peace practicing it a few months ago. As for HRs they're your counter in the RPS this game has, they're going to be a difficult fight especially against a good combat, get your HP up you want at least 200k, raise your LS, and check your mount bonuses. I've seen GWFs survive vs HRs so it's definately possible.

So learn, find someone that's willing to practice with you so you can learn timings, and check your stats.

-Dandello

thnx man,it will still be getting trans for the must part of it,if im stuck with this char.and mhytic artifacts.

• Options

-Dandello

thnx man,it will still be getting trans for the must part of it,if im stuck with this char.and mhytic artifacts.
    just like ur class(so ive heard) the wallet issue lol

• Options
    edited June 2017

lol thats OP xD
    i would love cross platform and see u fight our top gwf.he appereantly has the best gwf build and ppl pay him for his build.all the best gwf use it.but he doesn not have a build like u. our top gwf is rolling with 40k+ power and 7k pen

lol if i use my heal mount(wich seems better then my 2k power mount vs strong ppl,(it makes for many minutes longer fight vs strong ppl
    and if i ditch my zulkir armor for deepknight(when i get it )
    it will put me and 22k power 14 arp and 180k hp and 13 percent lifesteal.
    i have R10 enchantments.
    beside upgrading enchantments and artifacts(legendary artifacts,belt and neck lvl 45 orcus set) i have no clue how u got that high without bondings?

beside boons that need upgrades and the new campaign,i have them all.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    once u get the gears, enchantments, insignias, got ur boons and have access to high level sh boon, u will get there.

Personally I have 39k power, 225~230k hp, 10k armpen, 7k recovery and 23.5%life steal

or 35k power, 235~240k hp and similar stats.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    icyphish said:

once u get the gears, enchantments, insignias, got ur boons and have access to high level sh boon, u will get there.

Personally I have 39k power, 225~230k hp, 10k armpen, 7k recovery and 23.5%life steal

or 35k power, 235~240k hp and similar stats.

lol i already have all of those,bad sign? xD
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    if u already have all these then why would you ask how others got those stats... its all in the gears and boons
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017

icyphish said:

if u already have all these then why would you ask how others got those stats... its all in the gears and boons

actualy i was asking why gwf is so terrible(cant be good without spending 1000 dollars)
    also gwf is the only class that doesnt rely on 1 tactic to win a battle and is the only class who cant dodge with his L3(his dodge lol)
    so this thread was to ask for a service to transfer everything i have to an other alt;boon,artifacts,transmuted items,companions.

and he/she said she wanted to help me with my build,i have no idea how u got all of those stats so high.
    im 3300+
    im also a deflect build tho.