test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shocking Execution still over-performing with one shot build MI executioners.

Comments

• sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    This thread about SE ignores the larger problem of high recovery perma courage break, perma ITC, perma smoke bomb rogues. I feel like your ignoring something that makes matches with 2 of these guys nigh unplayable, regardless of player skill. This is the build that turns the zero into a hero. Your focusing on the wrong daily (or in this case secondly).

SE while annoying is dodgeable or blockable for all but SWs and OPs. Does it need to be adjusted? Sure. But I think the perma builds need to go first for everyone's sake.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited June 2017

This thread about SE ignores the larger problem of high recovery perma courage break, perma ITC, perma smoke bomb rogues. I feel like your ignoring something that makes matches with 2 of these guys nigh unplayable, regardless of player skill. This is the build that turns the zero into a hero. Your focusing on the wrong daily (or in this case secondly).

SE while annoying is dodgeable or blockable for all but SWs and OPs. Does it need to be adjusted? Sure. But I think the perma builds need to go first for everyone's sake.

SWs, Pallies, GWFs suffer from first strike and SoD SE's for greater than 260K. This is an issue for 3/8 classes. That's almost half of the classes that are affected by this overperforming feat and passive. This is the only issue that this post seeks to address. Recovery builds, animation/daily canceling, and other such issues are unrelated. I'd be glad to read a post about them and give my 2 cents but the primary issues I would like to see addressed are those previously mentioned.

To clarify again: This is NOT a post about SE, it's about first strike and/or SoD procs on SE.

Thanks for your reply.

Mod edit to fix broken code on page.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Potentially a change of the title would help clarify the intention of the post.

etelgrin said:

Sorry to be telling you this but "immunity frame" in fact is not that great and has a cooldown, while rogue can no problem simply cancel the Shocking Execution animation and deliver the hit a moment later with the same effect. CW on the other hand with Elven or Gas Spore can probably just outdodge the incoming Shocking and even when hit it will get diminished by its shield which regains as he keeps on dodging.. But when you are debuffed by DC or there are two DCs (or DC and MoF) in party oracle with teryfing insight and champion who can put out army, the TR gets best boost possible and the Shocking will be over 300k, no way you can HP tank it currently.

As an interesting aside on the latter, I chose an executioner load out for my TR to get some ACT info, and with hallowed ground + DC debuff I hit another player in Domi PVP for over 590K.

590K.

Just lol. :D

*addendum: Found the combat log 595638 SE to be exact
    I don't have access to that tool, but I would be interested to know the numbers from the TR unbuffed by other classes. Potentially the issue is with over performance of a combination of features from other classes.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    edited June 2017

Potentially a change of the title would help clarify the intention of the post.

etelgrin said:

Sorry to be telling you this but "immunity frame" in fact is not that great and has a cooldown, while rogue can no problem simply cancel the Shocking Execution animation and deliver the hit a moment later with the same effect. CW on the other hand with Elven or Gas Spore can probably just outdodge the incoming Shocking and even when hit it will get diminished by its shield which regains as he keeps on dodging.. But when you are debuffed by DC or there are two DCs (or DC and MoF) in party oracle with teryfing insight and champion who can put out army, the TR gets best boost possible and the Shocking will be over 300k, no way you can HP tank it currently.

As an interesting aside on the latter, I chose an executioner load out for my TR to get some ACT info, and with hallowed ground + DC debuff I hit another player in Domi PVP for over 590K.

590K.

Just lol. :D

*addendum: Found the combat log 595638 SE to be exact
    I don't have access to that tool, but I would be interested to know the numbers from the TR unbuffed by other classes. Potentially the issue is with over performance of a combination of features from other classes.
    I hit 260-280K unbuffed/undebuffed on my MI EXE TR. The title is about "One shot build MI Executioner", which is precisely the issue with First strike and SoD.

imgur pics don't work

edited June 2017

@sundance777 The overperformance of SE is mostly related to buffs from other classes. Even a sabo TR can hit for 400k+ SE easily with the right amount of team buffs. The 3 classes won't be able to dodge this either, no matter if exe, sabo or scoundrel TR. All of them will one shot you with buffs.

In my opinion the SW has it's immunity frame.

The OP has tons of temporary and shield HP.

The only class that could potentially complain is the GWF... but in times of wheel, lion mount and avalanche of steel I see no point to complain.

Adjusting is the key to survive.

I would agree with the above except for the most simple of things you have apparently overlooked. Daily canceling. TRs roll out, wait for temp HP to disappear, SW to use dodge, GWF to waste avalanche. Then insta death. If they even know they're coming. Sitting on node three which you're free capping, you hear the sound of imminent death of SE , try to pop any of the above and it may already be too late. Regardless, no class should be able to one shot a player for 280K sans buffs except SoD or First strike.

Honesty is the key to balance.

imgur pics don't work

...waits until the GF drops his shield, waits until the HR/CW/DC run out of stamina...then insta death I see. :lol::lol:

I didn't know TR have that long stealth duration. If a TR can sneak to you unseen he must wasted a lot of his stealth meter already. Otherwise one have to take a look at his own battlefield awarness.

Smart player can always trick a oneshot TR, probably the reason why they always target "newbies" that doesn't know how to defend themselves.

It's a one trick pony - once figuered out how to prevent it - the TR gets pretty much useless. PC players figuered this out long time ago and specc'd into saboteur TRs.

Battle awarness is needed in PvP.

I know skilled players like yourself come here to try and make others aware of the best techniques because you care about the community. Telling players to run with mighty leap and avalanche is truly the mark of a creative player. I also know that you're here purely out of altruistic intent, unlike some players who I see frequently running GF/TR comps with itf and first strike who can hit for 400K which will insta kill even pallies using Binding oath for extra HP.

In coming here to share your selfless wisdom it's hard for you to understand those who are less altruistic and have ulterior motives in making sure First strike, for example, isn't adjusted for over-performance issues but I assure you, friend, there are those who do just that.

Whether it's those "newbies" who need to learn your pro techniques with mighty leap, or whether it's those duo Qing TRs + Buffer/debuffers I think for the sake of balance and for battle awareness to be useful these two issues need to be addressed. The idea that Sabo TRs are best for premades are something I have suggested before however others disagreed that EXE TRs are becoming a thing in premades, pro players like yourself as a matter of fact.

Regardless if Sabo TRs are needed for such *high end* PVP, pug players are just as important and balancing both ends of the spectrum is necessary for fun matches.

Thanks for your reply!

imgur pics don't work

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    So you play OP with huge HP pool, constitution, boons etc.
    you put all possible HP gear and TR one hit kill, so you decide it's not fair?
    why this thread is different then any of the other 500 threads on this subject that were posted in the last 4 years or so.

don't get me wrong, i play cleric and i am magnet to SE.
    if there is one class that is completlty broken is TR (ITC, 75% deflect severity, one hit kill SE, CB impossible to dodge, smoke bomb ignore all control resist...)
    but as far as i remember you can complain on something that doesn't work, not about something that works.
    Looking at the tooltip and consider its there from start, SE designed to one hit kill.

lets assume the Dev will celebrate the wide spreading legalization, read this thread and decide to reduce SE damage by 20%.
    is it problem solved?
    even if 99% of the palyers dont have 200K HP

if your class can not dodge SE, then sure put a post and i promise to bump it every day.
    but if you think the TR get update soon and by some reason it will become weaker, you are wrong.
    all classes got stonger after update and i doubt TR will be different
    plavia said:

So you play OP with huge HP pool, constitution, boons etc.
    you put all possible HP gear and TR one hit kill, so you decide it's not fair?
    why this thread is different then any of the other 500 threads on this subject that were posted in the last 4 years or so.

don't get me wrong, i play cleric and i am magnet to SE.
    if there is one class that is completlty broken is TR (ITC, 75% deflect severity, one hit kill SE, CB impossible to dodge, smoke bomb ignore all control resist...)
    but as far as i remember you can complain on something that doesn't work, not about something that works.
    Looking at the tooltip and consider its there from start, SE designed to one hit kill.

lets assume the Dev will celebrate the wide spreading legalization, read this thread and decide to reduce SE damage by 20%.
    is it problem solved?
    even if 99% of the palyers dont have 200K HP

if your class can not dodge SE, then sure put a post and i promise to bump it every day.
    but if you think the TR get update soon and by some reason it will become weaker, you are wrong.
    all classes got stonger after update and i doubt TR will be different

I didn't state first strike or SoD weren't working as intended, I stated they're overperforming. 3 classes have the potential to be one shotted in PVP because they have no dodge mechanism. No build should offer one shots in PVP imho. There should always be the possibility to fight. Being able to run around and one shot people with 250K HP pools because they have no dodge and cannot stack health high enough is silly.

The issue is not "complaining about something that works" or "doesn't work" it's about suggesting adjustment of a feat/passive that is clearly overperforming in PVP.

Thanks for your reply!

imgur pics don't work

• sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    @tolkienbuff

I understand your frustrations with this daily, especially if you play a dodgeless class, but the problem goes beyond just one daily. TRs in general are and have been one of the strongest classes in PvP for it's utility (insane aoe irresistible sb and cb) and damage. But dunk rogues as @xsayajinx1 pointed out are a one trick pony, and the bane of existence for new players mostly. Piercing damage is partially to blame for the high numbers on high tenacity targets though.

SE could be changed to have reduced piercing damage, that could alleviate some of the problem (or make tenacity reduce a percentage of piercing damage maybe). I think combat HRs would also benefit from this treatment as well. This is something to put a pin in until the next round of class balance passes.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am a bit torn, on one hand it seems to be part of the nature of the class but on the other hand, maybe it does hit a bit too hard. I would gladly give up the first strike power or the piercing effect in pvp (say let tenacity block some of it) for some sort of at will love or other mechanics that are part of another post.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

@tolkienbuff

I understand your frustrations with this daily, especially if you play a dodgeless class, but the problem goes beyond just one daily. TRs in general are and have been one of the strongest classes in PvP for it's utility (insane aoe irresistible sb and cb) and damage. But dunk rogues as @xsayajinx1 pointed out are a one trick pony, and the bane of existence for new players mostly. Piercing damage is partially to blame for the high numbers on high tenacity targets though.

SE could be changed to have reduced piercing damage, that could alleviate some of the problem (or make tenacity reduce a percentage of piercing damage maybe). I think combat HRs would also benefit from this treatment as well. This is something to put a pin in until the next round of class balance passes.

Everyone on this forum who PVPs has been killed by a "one trick pony" even those saying they are only good for noob killing (I've seen it). There may be other issues facing the class, and it is badly in need of a rework. However none of these things actually have anything to do with the crux of the issue. Pug or Pro, Geared or ungeared, players should have a chance to fight against other players without being one shot. It's not a good PVP mechanic.

First strike and/or SoD procs on SE are overperforming as evidenced by the numbers. SE is meant to be a finishing blow, not a start to finishing blow, these feats and passives change that dynamic. If the intent were for SE + FS/SoD to be an assassination from 100% to 0 you would be able to kill bosses with it in this manner.

SE should be a massive finisher, perhaps even up to 80% of targets health, however it should not be an assassination. It should be strong but not a one shot. This is the purpose of bringing these overperforming damage indicators to light.

Thanks for your time.

imgur pics don't work

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I agree with @xsayajinx1 , if you are looking for a problem then it is SE itself. First strike, Shadowborn and SoD are fine with every other ability, its only insane with SE, so if u want adjustment propose it for SE. Even if you nerfed current damage by 50%, when buffed you would still be killed by one shot, because 500k+ hits are possible.
    Also as mentioned, TR has no other source of damage in PvP with current meta, so if you nerf SE so TR cant kill you with it then TR wont be able to kill you at all. CB+SB would be all thats left.
    Also one shot kills are not NW-only thing, i have played another mmorpg and one shots are common by rogues, its simply what the class does. If it doesnt eliminate you swiftly it wont kill you.

I agree tho that currently SE is too powerful and needs to be toned down a bit, it shouldnt be possible to use it so often imo and i already suggested a block for AP gain after using SE.
    In my original suggestion in suggestions thread i suggested for SE to deal lower damage against targets above 50% HP (lowering the effect of FS) and higher damage against targets under 50% HP but currently TR cant get you under 50% HP without SE.
    edited June 2017

If one follows your "logic" then SE is overperforming itself regardless if one uses FS or executioner spec. Because in a team fight (what neverwinter offers - and team fights only) any SE can be buffed to the levels (and even higher) than an executioner FS SE. So the "finishing blow" becomes very quick a "start to finishing blow" regardless what spec the TR is and what passives he uses. SoD & FS mechanics do not overperform more than any other SE + buffs combo.

The point is, what else has a TR to offer damage wise (since it's supposed to be a dps class)? I already experienced it myself often enough, after a lowbob SE you will only see CB + SB until you vomit.

Guess that's the next thread that's going to pop up in here once SE is nerfed to the ground.

These mechanics are needed in a PvP environment like neverwinter where OPs and DCs can make a whole team immortal.

Balance for 5v5 / 10v10 - Don't balance for 1v1 / class vs class.

No, if a team coordinates to buff a TR's damage in order to clear a target that's perfectly acceptable. However a solo player (unbuffed) should not be able to one shot another player from 100% health to 0%. This concept must be difficult, let me make it clearer: First strike and SoD + SE is overperforming in PVP. It's hitting for 260K + unbuffed. IMHO SE is just fine. It should be powerful, it should be able to lower an opponents health or finish off an opponent who is lower on health. However no class should have a one shot ability which only this feat and passive are offering.

Thanks for your reply, if you have any further difficulties understanding me, I'll try to be more clear, sometimes these threads don't translate well and are difficult for players to grasp. Please let me know how I can better explain the situation.

Thanks for your reply!

imgur pics don't work

blur#5900 said:

I agree with @xsayajinx1 , if you are looking for a problem then it is SE itself. First strike, Shadowborn and SoD are fine with every other ability, its only insane with SE, so if u want adjustment propose it for SE. Even if you nerfed current damage by 50%, when buffed you would still be killed by one shot, because 500k+ hits are possible.
    Also as mentioned, TR has no other source of damage in PvP with current meta, so if you nerf SE so TR cant kill you with it then TR wont be able to kill you at all. CB+SB would be all thats left.
    Also one shot kills are not NW-only thing, i have played another mmorpg and one shots are common by rogues, its simply what the class does. If it doesnt eliminate you swiftly it wont kill you.

I agree tho that currently SE is too powerful and needs to be toned down a bit, it shouldnt be possible to use it so often imo and i already suggested a block for AP gain after using SE.
    In my original suggestion in suggestions thread i suggested for SE to deal lower damage against targets above 50% HP (lowering the effect of FS) and higher damage against targets under 50% HP but currently TR cant get you under 50% HP without SE.

It would be nice if SE had a cap (i.e. 85% of targets life in PVP) but most important to me is the overperformance of one shot build TRs in PVP using these feats/passives. Solo players should not be able to one shot 3 classes no matter how much HP they stack from 100% to 0%. The TR class needs a rework and it will be interesting to see what they do. However, until that happens I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks for your reply!

imgur pics don't work

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    umm so you want to be able to solo withstand/contest the Tr on a node ....

but if his team comes to buff/ help him THEN its ok to die by shocking semantics regardless of first strike buffs/ TR Paragons or not

thats what I gathered from all of this ... lol
    kalina311 said:

umm so you want to be able to solo withstand/contest the Tr on a node ....

but if his team comes to buff/ help him THEN its ok to die by shocking semantics regardless of first strike buffs/ TR Paragons or not

thats what I gathered from all of this ... lol

Then you've skipped some of the conversation.

imgur pics don't work

Yeah @kalina311, we can just hope devs read and understand the game mechanics better and balance classes for team play.

Agreed.

imgur pics don't work

• difase#0722 difase Member Posts: 6 Arc User

@sundance777 The overperformance of SE is mostly related to buffs from other classes. Even a sabo TR can hit for 400k+ SE easily with the right amount of team buffs. The 3 classes won't be able to dodge this either, no matter if exe, sabo or scoundrel TR. All of them will one shot you with buffs.

In my opinion the SW has it's immunity frame.

The OP has tons of temporary and shield HP.

The only class that could potentially complain is the GWF... but in times of wheel, lion mount and avalanche of steel I see no point to complain.

Adjusting is the key to survive.

At last a little sanity. I'm three times my pwe only do pvp for the conquerors. So that you do not cry but I'll tell you one thing. The exe is very soft. All our areas of effect have been reduced by half. The sod is no longer piercing damage they have nerfed now it affects tenacity and armor. Lasing with luker asault with first strike a bear of that of moving ice. Damage 260k SoD damage 80k. To tr of continuous they are ninjanerfeando in pwe and pvp thanks to your weeping. I with my gf or my cw mato rogues to tons. The shovel and the gf just have to lift the shield and the gwf and sw run. Before the shoking had an effect area of 70 feet is now 30 feet. I do not want nerfed.And we are very little thing. Gf or gwf complaining that they kill with an encounter people going full pvp. We use a daily easily esquibavle if you hear and run you never give
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Why not let piercing be mitigated by tenacity damage resistance ?
    Piercing should not ignore tenacity !! haha.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    What annoys me is not that assassins can assassinate. TR being able to do absurd damage and even 1shot people Im actually ok with. What Im not OK with is a TR 1shotting a BIS tank while sporting the "amazing" 3000 critical stat and 4000 armor penetration stat. Damage should be tied to your build via stats. Free damage is the problem in this game's pvp. Rogues are able to build with 160-180k HP and a ton of power thanks to their class getting free critical chance AND free armor penetration - 2 stats that should be mandatory if you want to be a damage dealer.

Post edited by emilemo on
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    personally i don't care anything about any class or any change any nerf as soon as I can find my way to play butttt for the players who talk about changes on any passive or any encounter or any daily on any class. is happen because there is so easy way to swap powers and encounters. if u avoid of switching any power (while u are in map of domination) allll these arguments automaticly will fall CAUSE,

0 tr will start game with FS because it has 0 benefit later on match

im talking about FS and tr because its only class I play with. I don't know if other classes swap powers while in game. people soo easily swap powers depend on their benefits.

but swaping power (any kind passive encounter daily atwill) shouldn't be allow in map or only in camp fire same as loadout
    Post edited by crollax on
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @clonkyo1 Rofl excuse me? cry?:D who are u buddy?:D we would like to see such a heros like u , in the domination
This discussion has been closed.