test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is a really frustrating problem for a "new" player

trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
As a new player, actually returning but it's been so long I consider myself "new", the single most annoying/frustrating/bone-headed feature is the inane idea that I *WANT* over-leveled players rushing me through content.

I would genuinely prefer to solo que then zone in only to find myself spending the entire dungeon running 2 to 3 rooms behind the "rusher" who's just plowing through everything. Unfortunately I can't solo queue so if I want to "experience" dungeon content (note the quotation marks... sarcasm implied... heavily) I'm forced to group and unfortunately E-V-E-R-Y group consists of this "experience".

I... don't... understand... this... mentality.

How is this fun? HOW IS THIS FUN? Who said to themselves, "Yeah, this is gonna be a great idea. Let's do it!" Because whoever it was, needs to be fired. This is asinine. Completely juvenile.

Stepping away from the fact this garbage would never happen on tabletop, the experience of which this game was made to emulate, I've never actually played an online MMO that ran this way. At least not for long. Level gates are implemented, epic/hard/nightmare/etc. mode versions are created for level capped players etc. etc.

This genuinely pisses me off and I simply can't wrap my mind around the fact that the devs let alone the player base is ok with this. There's so many levels of awful going on here. Leveling dungeons are essentially trivial. Can be solo'd by even mediocre equipped characters so why force the grouping? And if you're GOING to force the grouping and GOING to force inter-level play then make sure your inter-leveling platform actually reflects properly so you don't have level capped toons playing at lower level stats that are miles beyond what is actually needed for said dungeons.

I really don't think people who endorse this kind of play understand how frustrating it is to essentially just walk for 10-15 minutes doing nothing. LIterally nothing. If I wanted to just run in a circle and not even be able to WATCH the combat that's happening two rooms ahead of me then I'd just log off the ****ing game and watch some Twitch streamer play.

**shakes head**

I... I... I don't possess the ability to verbalize the level of irritation this invokes. I haven't smoked in 8 years and I want a cigarette right now. That's how bad this pisses me off.

Food for thought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    I see why you would be frustrated.
    Assuming you mean the "normal" level dungeons, not the campaign quest paths.

First, if you are not 70, just March through the campaign quests and skip the PUG queue entirely before lvl 70.
    The campaign quests offer more then enough experience to level to 70 without farming dungeons at all.

Second, if you are 70, do not blindly PUG. Ever. Use LFG, alliance and your guild chat to form teams. Match yourself with like-minded slow-and-savor players.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yeah, except for the people that PUG for speed runs for fast AD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    You can't pug anymore. Heck, I can hardly find an end game run even in 5 private channels, seems like only DC's are needed lately.
    I pug all the time. Often use it to recruit a few new members.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I pug all the time. Often use it to recruit a few new members.

I mean I can pug on my 13.5+ toons too but it's a different story for people that are 9-10k. I've seen groups in LFG go unfilled for 10+ minutes and it was obvious that people were inspecting the guy organizing and passing as if a 10k OP isn't fine for etos.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    It can be frustrating for a new player being forced to speed run dungeons. Then once the novelty wears off and they realize they have to do it hundreds of times for AD to improve their toons, they will be the 9-10k toons in PE doing, "LFM 13K+ eLoL"
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    There would be two other options.

1st Better loot in high tier dungeons. ATM the dungeon with the best AD/time spent ratio in a mediocre group is VT. Why do I run VT with a 16k IL char? Because everything else is a (bigger) waste of time.

2nd SOLO/DUO que for private parties. I would prefer, to run the dungeons solo or duo with a friend. TBH it would be faster, then 90% of the PuG runs. You pull you kill, you run along. With a PuG group, you pull, you kill, you go back, to kill the mobs someone else grabbed aggro, you revive some players, you try to convince the rest of the team, to kick the guy, who just went AFK for 8 minutes and cant be bothered to run along. You leave the dungeon, bc someone disconnected, does not get kicked, cant be kicked and you cant trigger the door...
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    With a PuG group you stay with the group. Makes life a lot easier on everyone.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    This happen from a looong time already, the solution for me to run the leveling dungeons was to find partys in the channel asking for players at that level, not easy task but not impossible.

Anyway if you run all the areas you will overlevel in no time, the solution for me is skip one entire map that i dont like much
    it ususally keep me near the game design level...
    urabask said:

I mean I can pug on my 13.5+ toons too but it's a different story for people that are 9-10k. I've seen groups in LFG go unfilled for 10+ minutes and it was obvious that people were inspecting the guy organizing and passing as if a 10k OP isn't fine for etos.

My only issue with things like this, if you're calling for, say 11k+ group, you should be at the level you're calling for. No rounding up.

I do not want most of the people I see in pug land in my guild. I am not sure if the are poorly scripted bots, trolls, or complete incompetants. I made the mistake of filling out the rest of a demo queve the other day with pugs. I watched the pugs shoot the 2nd phase monster into the black circles over and over again (those are the ones that heal the monster). No amount of directions via tells, says, zone chat would stop them from doing this.

ToDG is also a nightmare with pugs because they will just keep killing the Thune Hulks over and over again and not shoot them towards the targets that need to be hit by the Thune Hulks.

And they need to learn. Also if you recruit low level players, teach them, have them invest in the guild, they tend to be more loyal and won't be jumping out on a whim.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I know many high lvl guilds dont allow alts in their own or in other guilds. I remember talking to our former guild leader about my own alt guild, for storage and getting the ok.

Talking about ill intent regarding ppl with alts in lower lvl guilds. When my former guild did split up, some of us changed to international guild, while others joined german guilds. Bc some of my friends did not feel at home using a English speaking TS, we visited the German guilds TS, most of the time. Guess what happend.

One of the guilds was ok with other ppl joining them on TS, welcoming us and the help of well geared experienced players. We still hang out in their TS some time.

The other guild did set an ultimatum after some time. We either leave our lvl 20 guild and join them or we get banned from their TS. I told them, that it was convenience, that we used their TS. I cautioned them, that we will use another TS, but that most of their more dedicated players tend to run with us and might switch TS, too. We switched TS, as did some of their players. They told them, to stop spending time with us. Their (former) guild members left their guild and joined the guild I am a member of. A few month later some of their former guild members asked me or another former guild member, if we could help them with an application to our guild. We did, to help them out (btw they left their guild on their own accord and were without a guild for some time). With a few exceptions the players from the last mentioned guild hate my guts and blame me for losing four of five of their best geared players, while I never poached one of their players.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I absolutly agree with trickshaw. From my experience it must be absolutly terible experience when lvl 70 rusher join low level dungeon. Some people are just thinking only about their goal and not about others. This low level people just runing behind this rusher loosing every loot, seals and utility slot procs only because thay are too far from him. In another game which I know each dungeon has level range and when people are not in this level range thay can't queue for it but thay can still go inside at entrance of dungeon if thay hit minimum level requirements. So can you please implement something like this and show only full set of dungeons in private queue and also let people to solo queue in private because I can solo alot of things and I must wait before I get rest of the party and also I can clear everything faster but when I'm here with low levels I'm always playing way that thay can also a little bit enjoy a dungeon. Thank you.

PS. There is another thing and it's achievements. Because if you are not joined skirmish before it's removed from list you are not able to get achievement for it. So in case you will enable private solo queue and show for private whole set of dungeons and skirmishes even high level characters can go there and get their achievements in case thay are missed skirmish while thay are leveling.
    Post edited by akpuls#9220 on
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I absolutly agree with trickshaw. From my experience it must be absolutly terible experience when lvl 70 rusher join low level dungeon. Some people are just thinking only about their goal and not about others. This low level people just runing behind this rusher loosing every loot, seals and utility slot procs only because thay are too far from him. In another game which I know each dungeon has level range and when people are not in this level range thay can't queue for it but thay can still go inside at entrance of dungeon if thay hit minimum level requirements. So can you please implement something like this and show only full set of dungeons in private queue and also let people to solo queue in private because I can solo alot of things and I must wait before I get rest of the party and also I can clear everything faster but when I'm here with low levels I'm always playing way that thay can also a little bit enjoy a dungeon. Thank you.

PS. There is another thing and it's achievements. Because if you are not joined skirmish before it's removed from list you are not able to get achievement for it. So in case you will enable private solo queue and show for private whole set of dungeons and skirmishes even high level characters can go there and get their achievements in case thay are missed skirmish while thay are leveling.

You can earn the skirmish achievement during CTA (Call To Arms) events where the skirmish unlocks for lvl 6- 70 parties.
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > I absolutly agree with trickshaw. From my experience it must be absolutly terible experience when lvl 70 rusher join low level dungeon. Some people are just thinking only about their goal and not about others. This low level people just runing behind this rusher loosing every loot, seals and utility slot procs only because thay are too far from him. In another game which I know each dungeon has level range and when people are not in this level range thay can't queue for it but thay can still go inside at entrance of dungeon if thay hit minimum level requirements. So can you please implement something like this and show only full set of dungeons in private queue and also let people to solo queue in private because I can solo alot of things and I must wait before I get rest of the party and also I can clear everything faster but when I'm here with low levels I'm always playing way that thay can also a little bit enjoy a dungeon. Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > PS. There is another thing and it's achievements. Because if you are not joined skirmish before it's removed from list you are not able to get achievement for it. So in case you will enable private solo queue and show for private whole set of dungeons and skirmishes even high level characters can go there and get their achievements in case thay are missed skirmish while thay are leveling.
    >
    > You can earn the skirmish achievement during CTA (Call To Arms) events where the skirmish unlocks for lvl 6- 70 parties.

Nice, thank you for info.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Note that 3 Skirmishes have never been released as CtA: Blacklake Terror, Defend the Village (Rothe Valley) and Aberrant Assault (Whispering Caverns)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

> @wintersmoke said:
    >

> PS. There is another thing and it's achievements. Because if you are not joined skirmish before it's removed from list you are not able to get achievement for it. So in case you will enable private solo queue and show for private whole set of dungeons and skirmishes even high level characters can go there and get their achievements in case thay are missed skirmish while thay are leveling.

>

> You can earn the skirmish achievement during CTA (Call To Arms) events where the skirmish unlocks for lvl 6- 70 parties.

Nice, thank you for info.

I should add, there is one skirmish that has never been CTA'd .. blacklake terror... do that first thing on all new toons :( I missed one & it looks like i'll never get it completed
    I din't checked it now but months ago I was able to join Icepire Peak skirmish on high level character after talking with one NPC in Icepire Peak.