test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken in-game commands

dandeloreondandeloreon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
I found that several commands that are important for filing bug reports in general are broken, and generally speaking are extremely useful for the community as a whole.

Broken Screenshot commands - The in-game screenshot commands no longer work, and have not worked for almost 6 months now. This is a major issue since I occasionally use this to record information like what the current gear layout is and whatnot. The list of effected commands are below...
  • /screenshot - Take a basic in-game screenshot. This is useful in combination with inspection mode to take a screenshot of your character near a monument of some sort.
  • /screenshot_ui - take a screenshot with the UI included.
  • /screenshot_depth - take a screenshot of the depth buffer - This helps the graphics devs with finding rendering bugs.
  • /screenshot_jpg - take a general screenshot in jpg format ( No User Interface )
  • /screenshot_ui_jpg - take a screenshot in jpg format with User Interface.
Update: These Commands do work. The issue is that in-game there is no output saying that a screenshot was written successfully, which lead to my confusion about whether or not the command actually worked. For a quick note, Neverwinter Writes Screenshots within the folder specified by
InstallLocation
in the registry key of
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cryptic\Neverwinter

More Broken Debugging commands:
  • /showfps - This is a rudimentary debug command for finding out the frames per second. For most users this can contain things like current FPS, Minimum FPS, Maximum FPS and average FPS for a map.
  • /netgraph - in particular the second option ( '/netgraph 2' ) - This seems to always render a bar from the bottom of the screen to the top of my screen, and does not behave nicely as fpsgraph does.
  • /showCamPos - This shows the current camera position, this is useful for finding out where environmental bugs are.
  • /help - A basic list of in-game commands. Some of the things this does is let users know that /party will switch you to the party channel, /zone will switch you to zone channel and other commands tool
  • /killme A rarely used command, but it's a must for when the /stuck command fails.

Other Thoughts: When fixing the screenshot commands, i think it would not hurt to save out in PNG file format seeing as how windows now has native support for this file format.

Edits:
6/9/2017 - Minor Update about Screenshot commands...
6/8/2017 - Added /Killme command to list of broken commands.
Post edited by dandeloreon on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the list! Escalating it for any feedback from the team.
  • dandeloreondandeloreon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    This bug report is definitely important to fix. I know that this issue is important especially when trying to report bugs with loot tables. I know that some loot tables require level 70, but they drop sub level 70 gear.
    Just figured I would ping @terramak in regards to the broken commands I mentioned on stream.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    hmm

All the screenshot commands work for me (just tried). Also have one bound and use it regularly. You probably should check the write permissions on the screenshot dir.

/showfps was disabled in regular view at mod 6 or so, no one knows why, but you can /showdevui 1 and /showfps 1
    and you will see it.

/netgraph works, all 0-3, I can screenshot you it.

I don't remember /help everworking, but you can list via /cmds all

/killme died too long long ago, iirc mod6, you can alias with:

alias killme "gensendmessage Stuck_Defeatme activate"

if you want to set persistant aliases: http://janne.coreside.com/info-links/aliases

But /killme should be really fixed, so is showfps, the devui is convoluted

(I'm not saying what missing shouldn't be fixed, just workarounds meanwhile)
    I just re-checked the commands on the Live Server with client version NW.80.20170515e7.
    • Screenshot Commands still do not work, and I have full permissions over the folder. The only thing I think of that could cause issues Is that I have Arc configured to install/load games from the folder... d:\games\arc-games
    • The /showfps works, but It really should not be hidden behind /showdevui.
    • /killme should be bound. The /stuck command specifically mentions this.
    • I forgot about the /cmds command, but realistically /help is a better command for users especially if all it lists is the most frequently used commands which are intended for player use.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I don't use the arc installer at all. My screenshot folder will be at: G:\Games\NeverWinter\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots
    maybe you look into the preview folder by accident ? (just throwing Ideas, because it does work)

Try lunching the game as administrator, also try the commands without filenames, it will auto generate the file with a timestamp, and with a filename you set. To check maybe for a naming issue or charset issues.
    edited June 2017
    micky1p00 said:

I don't use the arc installer at all. My screenshot folder will be at: G:\Games\NeverWinter\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots
    maybe you look into the preview folder by accident ? (just throwing Ideas, because it does work)

Try lunching the game as administrator, also try the commands without filenames, it will auto generate the file with a timestamp, and with a filename you set. To check maybe for a naming issue or charset issues.

I am looking in the right folder. Sadly the last picture was from november since the pictures stopped working at the update issued around that time.

Edit: Never mind the screenshots... It turns out they where being stored. The issue was there was no in-game message saying that a file had been written.
    Post edited by dandeloreon on
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    Also not working:

/GenAddWindow Hud_Traybox_Allpowers

Had it keybound too.

I used that a lot cause I could switch between encounters quickly before boss fights etc.

It is not working anymore :/
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User