test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What companion to use for active bonus and summond?

ro66yro66y Member Posts: 2 Arc User
What companions should i use for the active bonus and which one as summond for my tact tank gf? And which one should i get to legendary later on?
Atm i have :Dancing shield summond (blue) , chicken (purple) , energon (purple) , rust monster (green).

Comments

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    If only someone would finally write a detailed guide for tacticians that included a thorough review of summoned/active companions ...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1224946/pc-mod-10-5-pve-tactician-swordmaster-guide-together-we-ride
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Summoned Dancing Shield for the amazing debuff and good stats on the shield.

Active companions are good enough.

For your last spot, I would pick up a Siege Master (or an Air Archon) and turn them legendary. The reasoning for this is because the Siege Master will pretty much never fall off in usefulness, no matter what build type you're playing. You can use a Siege Master for more personal DPS output (Conqueror) or for simply better aggro generation (Prot/Tac). Thus, you can stick it in your active slot and always have the legendary bonus.

And, in case you were wondering, yes, you get the legendary bonus if one of your active companions is legendary, but your summoned is not.

Ex: Summoned Purple Dancing Shield and Orange Siege Master in Active Slot.

As long as I keep the orange comp in my active slot, I will always get the legendary bonus, no matter which companion is summoned.

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I think most would agree if you want to debuff, 2 constants of your 5 will always be rust monster and chicken(or should be). Neither needs to be summoned. As for summoned, there are many, many options, it just depends on what you want or can get. Dancing shield is great for lowering defense, and some others also do this but not as good. Harper Bard lowers def/damage 8% I believe, and buffs party with temp HP and power/crit HP>50%, def/deflect HP<50. The hardest part about the summoned companions, is if you change your mind, they usually have crappy active bonuses(1200 HP for harper bard). Totally agree with rjc9000 to make something other than your summoned orange, I made mine the harper bard. Would rather have made it the rust monster, because I really don't see myself taking him regardless of build.
    Last 2 companions, I'd say energon is really nice for the 7.5K+ HP gain, Elemental Air Cultist for additional damage reduction, Bear cub nice for lifesteal, dread warrior for additional threat, siegemaster for dps, possibly Intellect devourer to increase DPS w/ combat adv bonus. For tanky harder dungeons(FBI/mSVA), I use Harper Bard(Leg summoned), rust monster(purple), chicken(purple), energon(purple), bear cub(purple). For stuff I know I wont die, mix and match energon and bear cub.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I seem to remember reading that Duergar Guard active is reversed from the tooltip and grants the threat bonus to the player and the AoE resist to the summomed pet. If so, and given how many come from Winterfest, they seem like a good cheap option for tanks (and trollish for anyone else)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    With so many things bugged that they've never fixed, I think it's hard to say if it's flipped, because threat isn't measureable. So it's assumed that since companion gets the AoE resist, the threat goes to you. That's a big leap of faith with this game. I have him and tried it, and didn't notice any difference. Again, hard to test I think. Threat is more about being in there first I think and establishing agro first, as you have to recapture it if idiots run in to pad DPS.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I seem to remember reading that Duergar Guard active is reversed from the tooltip and grants the threat bonus to the player and the AoE resist to the summomed pet. If so, and given how many come from Winterfest, they seem like a good cheap option for tanks (and trollish for anyone else)

I think the companion in question was the Black Ice Prospector, of which Sharp found to be taking less damage from AoE attacks.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    That is probably what I am thinking of. It is the Winterfest bonding provider, whichever that one is.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother