After discussing and polishing suggestions in the first thread we decided to create a new thread to more easily keep track and simplify these suggestions for the devs. As explained in old thread, Trickster Rogue (TR) class is encountering many issues and it has been long since the class has been adjusted and because of that it doesnt scale well with content and falls short when it comes to competing with other classes. Thanks to everyone involved in the ongoing discussion! Please continue suggestions there so we can keep this one easily readable.
- When Soulforged activates under the effect of Lurker's Assault our Stealth gets stuck and will not recharge unless we change instance or relog.Duelist's Flurry Bleeds
- When Bleeds are re-applied only the timer is refreshed. Damage from the Bleeds is not refreshed to benefit from buffs of the moment when they were re-applied. This causes the Bleeds not to receive buffs such as Demon Lord's Immortality set and many other which were not active when Bleeds were applied the first time. Are the Bleeds separated when applied to same target, or do all TRs share the same stack?
Also, currently Bleeds stack to 11 instead fo 10. We dont know if this was a intended hidden buff, but Bleed icon and ACT show different numbers.
Also, the number of bleed ticks after the bleed is applied seems to be random. For example, with two bleeds, we got 5 ticks. With one bleed, we got 7 ticks. With one rotation (about 5 bleeds), we got anywhere from 9-11 ticks. The word "random" really ought to be in the tooltip a lot...;)Duelist's Flurry (DF)
- The ability is unforgiving, with lag, particularly. But, whatever is causing it, the hits of the Flurry part, which are supposed to apply Bleeds, are skipping and when that happens, fewer bleeds are applied. The maximum number of hits in a full DF is 9, but as shown in a screenshot in the old thread, it drops to as few as 2.Shadow of Demise (SoD)
- This capstone in Executioner tree doesn't register the owner correctly. If more than one TR applies SoD to the same target only one TR gets the credit for the damage. Also, during the SoD 6 seconds up time, some damage is not calculated in. For example, weapon enchantment except Vorpal and damage from Aura of Courage.Impossible to Catch (ITC)
- If struck as it is enabled or if pressed in conjunction with a dodge, ITC will fail to work although it will go on cool down.Path of the Blade (PotB)
- This power does NOT proc weapon enchantments or the owlbear cub.Bait and Switch (BnS)
- The bait doesn’t hold agro.Smoke Bomb (SB)
- This power does NOT proc weapon enchantments, and does NOT grant Combat Advantage against enemies under control from it. Also, it’s buggy with its interactions with Feytouched. Sometimes it will proc the +18% damage, and sometimes not. Also, it is buggy when dealing damage to test dummies as it stops hitting them altogether after a short time.Shadowborn
- This feat states that it is buffing our next attack, however any damage is calculated as the next attack including at will hits, Bleed ticks or Smoke Bomb ticks. Due to this it is wasted most of the time.One with the Shadows
- This Saboteur capstone is stacking and buffing Dailies where it is supposed to work only with encounters.Vengeance's Pursuit (VP)
- This encounter can be activated many times if the button is pressed fast.Razor Action (RA)
- We're not sure if this is intended, but this class feature is dealing piercing damage. It is also double proccing.Tab Mechanic (Stealth) Issue:
The stealth mechanic is the primary TR skill, and it has a unique problem. Although, the main advantage granted by stealth is automatic critical strike and combat advantage, it doesn't last long enough for TRs to abandon allocating points in critical strike, because a high percentage of TR damage comes from attacks performed outside of stealth. This creates a situation where stealth provides very little in PVE since most of time TRs already have combat advantage, and already have a high critical strike percentage. Because of this, the TR's tab mechanic grants the smallest advantage when compared to every other class in PVE content. Proposed Stealth Solutions:
As of now, stealth adds 100% critical chance as a direct rating modifier. For example, when the stealth button is pressed, a TR with a 70% critical chance will then have a 170% critical chance. Obviously, 170% critical chance is in no way better than 100%.
This suggestion originally outlined in this post
, offered an interesting solution. In short, it suggests taking the extra percentage in stealth over 100%, and add that to the critical severity percentage. So a player with 70% crit would receive 70% crit severity when they enter stealth. A more simple solution would be to simply add 50% crit severity while using stealth. This also allows a nice scaling as it will help lower leveled and lower geared TRs much more than BIS TRs.