test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PC) Paladin loadouts - Impressions

majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
Hey folks. Its been almost a week since the loadouts feature went live and I was curious as to everyone's impressions of them. Personally, I do appreciate the versatility they can provide during runs and since I've been a healadin since the paladin class was introduced, I was very excited to switch roles and get a feel for how the other half of the pally class lived. Suffice to say, I was impressed. The tree felt very powerful when running solo (haven't run it in a group yet but plan to) and I found myself having to do less of a 'battle dance' as a Protection paladin given all the 'protection' it provides the user. Between the enormous Temp HPs provided by TW, the shieldings of BO and absolution, the little bit of extra DR from Divine call, and the power of shielding strike, I felt I didn't need to dance around the target and could just hack away until they died. I can't wait to see how I hold threat in a group environment though I might need to make some additional adjustments to my boons as my defense still seems fairly low at 7.5K.

Now with all that said, I still plan on primarily "maining" as a Devo given that I feel more familar with playing as a Healadin. I'm still in love with seeing green numbers and slowly watching my enemies melt under the holy fire of Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth, but do think I have a much better appreciation for the strength of my protection brothers and sisters now that the loadouts are available.

So what are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the feature? Do you hate it? Have you spent any time playing in the 'other' role of our class? Would also welcome any advice from veterans from either the Protection or Devotion pation and their impressions.
~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
Tagged:

Comments

• veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    9/10 Super useful, loving the ability to get 2 healers in public groups. Enjoy being able to swap in a run. And best of all, I can actually remember what it is like to just stand in red aoe that does hundreds of thousands of points of damage with no care in the world, without fore-fitting my ability to freely spam my own screen with hundreds of tiny numbers.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I really like the loadouts, especially the flexibility that they bring. I have been playing a very Tanky Bulwark Paladin for a very long time. However, there were a couple of DPS oriented builds that I liked. So I used my free respec with the loadout and made a DPS oriented Justice Paladin and have loved it! Ran an epic last week as a tank and by the time we got to the boss it was obvious we needed a tad more DPS so at the campfire I just switched loadouts and that little extra DSP helped us to handle the boss without a probelm. I like the loadouts so much I may actually spend some Zen on a third one and make a Light tree Healadin. I figure, why not have some fun!?
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    swapilot said:

I really like the loadouts, especially the flexibility that they bring. I have been playing a very Tanky Bulwark Paladin for a very long time. However, there were a couple of DPS oriented builds that I liked. So I used my free respec with the loadout and made a DPS oriented Justice Paladin and have loved it! Ran an epic last week as a tank and by the time we got to the boss it was obvious we needed a tad more DPS so at the campfire I just switched loadouts and that little extra DSP helped us to handle the boss without a probelm. I like the loadouts so much I may actually spend some Zen on a third one and make a Light tree Healadin. I figure, why not have some fun!?

Stay Justice and you can be a DPS heavy Healadin....
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I'm really digging it so far. I have a DPS Healadin that I use for groups and a ProtOP build that I use for solo. Best of both worlds.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Ah only 16 more days til it comes to XBox :D
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

swapilot said:

I like the loadouts so much I may actually spend some Zen on a third one and make a Light tree Healadin. I figure, why not have some fun!?

Stay Justice and you can be a DPS heavy Healadin....
    @swapilot May I recommend the Burnadin Guide if you are looking for someplace to start at.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I'd second @veywiil suggestion and check out his guide. Its a great resource that provides a solid balanced build to a very balanced class good for both budget players and wallet warriors. ;)

Now the one thing that vexed me about loadouts is that it seems the changes you make outside of areas like PE don't seem to stick. Yesterday, I was doing some dailies with a friend in Dread Ring, and prior to that I had finally unlocked the fifth Underdark boon (Yes - I'm very lazy) on my Devotion side but hadn't allocated the point on my Protection loadout. When I switched and tried to allocate the point, It wouldn't accept and save my selection until I went back to Protector's Enclave. It finally took the change, but I burned a bug report because I thought it wasn't working improperly. If those kinds limitations are in tool tip (I didn't check - Lazy), then that's my bad, but just wanted to bring that up in case others ran into that problem.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac