test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ETA on fixing the missing cloak while mounted bug?

mataocdmataocd Member Posts: 13 Arc User
It has been couple of months now and this still hasn't been addressed or solved.
Can we get some info about possible fix and ETA of it?
Tagged:

Comments

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I was under the impression that the missing cloaks was a fix for the unsightly cloaks hanging in mid air above the wearer while they were mounted.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

I was under the impression that the missing cloaks was a fix for the unsightly cloaks hanging in mid air above the wearer while they were mounted.

I would hope that they don't consider the matter completely resolved though...

@nitocris83 I know this is just a visual thing, but cloaks on mounts are a pretty major visual thing. We spend a lot of time looking at the backs of our characters on horseback, and it's a shame we can't see those awesome cloaks a'flowing. Instead we see (often clippy/weird) back armor.

Do you know if this is in queue to be examined? Thanks!
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    so long have i played this game and came to a conclusion this game isnt going furter anytime soon, mostly every employee is starting in game to progress their career or just accomodated on the job they have, expecting some solution or major updates is a waste of your time(and mine aswell), so try remove visual and work towards an amazing gear transmute intead, up to you @dupeks
    dupeks said:

I would hope that they don't consider the matter completely resolved though...

@nitocris83 I know this is just a visual thing, but cloaks on mounts are a pretty major visual thing. We spend a lot of time looking at the backs of our characters on horseback, and it's a shame we can't see those awesome cloaks a'flowing. Instead we see (often clippy/weird) back armor.

Do you know if this is in queue to be examined? Thanks!
    Well, if this matter is resolved, at least for now, they still forgot to remove the collars on cloaks, like the Spider Silk Cloak.

• mataocdmataocd Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    dupeks said:

Exactly this. Missing cloaks are bugging me a lot, I don't think I'm the only one.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    I only used to notice the cloaks flying straight up when looking at other players from a distance, it didn't used to affect me looking at my char. I found it quite comical and I could put up with it.

However, removing the cloaks of everyone while mounted bugs me more, as now my character looks bare, it doesn't make any sense to remove an item of clothing while mounted, and it's not really a fix, merely ... removing the actual item visually that was bugged in the first place. It boggles the mind to think that they thought this was a 'fix'.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    No official acknowledgement has ever been given as to whether this was the fix. It is only player conjecture, either way. I hope isn't WAI as my characters' cloaks are part of their look.

It should be noted that the whirlwind mount doesn't make ths cloak invisible.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited May 2017
    pitshade said:

No official acknowledgement has ever been given as to whether this was the fix. It is only player conjecture, either way. I hope isn't WAI as my characters' cloaks are part of their look.

From the patch notes here on Nov 2016, under Character Art, "Cloaks and capes no longer seem to fly straight up in the air when viewing characters wearing them from long distances".

They surely don't fly straight up anymore. In fact, they are nowhere to be seen.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited May 2017
    pitshade said:

It should be noted that the whirlwind mount doesn't make ths cloak invisible.

I think it has to do something with clipping, as I only started seeing this 'cloak sticking up' bug after they introduced the Protector's Cloak with the long rectangular shape. Previous capes/cloaks were triangular in shape and so maybe didn't clip the sides of the mount.

I am surmising here that when they introduced the bigger capes it clipped the mount and thus the cape would stick straight up. The reason why it may not do so with the Whirlwind is because there is no 'mesh' below you when you are mounted and thus nothing for it to clip.
    vordayn said:

I only used to notice the cloaks flying straight up when looking at other players from a distance, it didn't used to affect me looking at my char. I found it quite comical and I could put up with it.

However, removing the cloaks of everyone while mounted bugs me more, as now my character looks bare, it doesn't make any sense to remove an item of clothing while mounted, and it's not really a fix, merely ... removing the actual item visually that was bugged in the first place. It boggles the mind to think that they thought this was a 'fix'.

Cryptic has a habit of removing things too difficult or expensive to fix. Gateway was one, am pretty sure you can think of a few others yourself.
    edited May 2017

vordayn said:

Cryptic has a habit of removing things too difficult or expensive to fix. Gateway was one, am pretty sure you can think of a few others yourself.
    Indeed, I've done a bit of reading in the hierarchy of the gaming studio from their founding, then being bought and sold by Atari to PWE. While Cryptic as a studio gets a lot of the blame in terms of bugs and attrition of features from its inception, I think a lot of what dictates what Cryptic is or is not able to fix is from their parent company, Perfect World Entertainment.

I actually do think that Cryptic as a studio started out very strongly, and considering their limited resources and constraints from their ownership, they are doing the best they can do. Unfortunately, I do not think the cloak bug would be high on their priority of fixes. It is a shame, as it is one of the first things visually you may notice as a new player, and it shows a little bit of the cracks on the gloss of what this game used to be like. :'(
    Again, without an official reaponse, it is just speculation what was intended.
    edited May 2017
    pitshade said:

Again, without an official reaponse, it is just speculation what was intended.

I'm not sure what part of official patch notes is not official to you. But I think I cannot get to you anyhow. No response from the studio from seven months ago is telling in its own way.
    The patch notes said that they were fixing it but not how. Simply removing may be thought of as a fix and there is precedent in the game, but that doesn't mean it is true in this case.

If you think 7 months of silence is an argument, consider the chest decline 'bug.' Silence means nothing.
    I'm not saying that they are unconnected, just that I don't think that this was obviously the intended fix. And yes, some statement either way would be greatly appreciated.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It also affects Tieflings' tails. They disappear while mounted, so that is not good for immersion.

But too their tails cause lots of clipping issues too, as do their horns (just not to the same extent).
    edited June 2017
    pitshade said:

I'm not saying that they are unconnected, just that I don't think that this was obviously the intended fix. And yes, some statement either way would be greatly appreciated.

I agree in that perhaps that wasn't the intended fix. There was a bit of boggling in my mind to think this was the case. I was bamboozled with how the cloaks disappeared completely after this patch went in.

The fix to patch up the cloaks ... somehow something in that patch caused them to disappear completely. I would never be able to tell the developers intention if that is the case you are arguing. Whatever happened, to test it before patching it to live requires some QA, but it even missed that.

If there was a QA tester, they would have seen that the cloaks don't fly up anymore, because they weren't there!
    If there wasn't a QA tester, then I'm not sure what they were thinking!

What I do know however, is that they intended to fix it, but caused the cloaks to disappear instead after the patch.

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    I put this timescale in the same category as fixing the clipping on headgear............soon.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    @nitocris83 @terramak Just politely asking whether we can get this acknowledged and in some sort of bug queue.

It's a visual bug, but it's been persisting for quite some time and pretty significantly affects player experience / immersion.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    It was an attempt to fix another issue with cloaks clipping through sleds but it seems to have affected all mounts. No ETA on when it will be addressed though.

It was an attempt to fix another issue with cloaks clipping through sleds but it seems to have affected all mounts. No ETA on when it will be addressed though.

Thank you for the acknowledgement :)

I know it's just a visual bug, and I know I don't speak for everyone. But I think this is actually pretty major. I know a lot of my non-forum friends have expressed disappointment with this on a routine basis.

I strongly believe that getting this fixed (or even restored to the previous state where cloaks were at times clipping or being drawn too high up) would be very much appreciated.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It is major to me too, as I have 4 Tieflings. I would love to be able to see their tails again while on a mount.