test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premades: why do you still queue? Why don't you take it to preview?

2»

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Some of us don't like Solo Q, having random PUGs run around while you 5v1 is definitively not fun. Having the same issues in Solo Q with imbalanced PUG pm teams vs green gear no tenacity wearing pugs and ... you. It's more fun to hang with friends and hope for the occasional randomized PM vs PM than it is to watch inexperienced bad players with no gear perform their chicken with head cut off routine.

Until the devs fix the Q and balance issues I don't care anymore. I Solo, Duo, and PM as I see fit because I can and I want to. I'm not speaking for anyone but me here but that's my feelings on the continuing imbalance and distinct lack of response.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    > @tolkienbuff said:
    > Some of us don't like Solo Q, having random PUGs run around while you 5v1 is definitively not fun.

This works both ways, you know.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
    edited May 2017
    Yep, I do. If by works both ways you mean "some of us do like to solo Q and 5v1".

imgur pics don't work

This is why we can't have nice things.

PS4 characters:
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Permanent solo que and a 5v5 premade que sync que please devs!

@morenthar
    At least you dont play on xbox lol. you would see many more cancer comps then a dc or GF. because barely anyone picks up dcs for pvp anymore here. Its literally 95% GF's, trs (of all types but 75% CB), combat and trapper hrs and oppressor CW's. There are literally 2 gwfs, maybe 3 sws, 5 Dc's and 1 paladin that will get picked up other then that for serious games at least.

Most teams now are 2 cw, 2 tr, hr or GF / 2 cw, 1 tr, 1 hr or GF / or some silly combination of the 4 classes.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
    I'm interested to see how often a 5v5 premade lobby would just sit empty if implemented. Lack of bodies isn't an issue, after all.

PS4 characters:
    edited May 2017
    It would depend solely on the community. Synergy would love to premade and in house all day long. Finding other groups to PVP against would be the only thing stopping us. 5v5 Q should've been a thing since day 1, it's still in need of implementation.

As far as enjoying PUG stomping, you're welcome to stop by our discord server and listen in on matches. They're mostly us talking about our day or some news about game with the occasional laugh at "omg did you see that crit for xxxxxxx ... that's what no tenacity looks like." Then back to "I think xxxxxx is running a PM maybe we'll get them!".

You can believe what you'd like but we're not the monsters you'd like to think. Just peeps who have decent gear and like fun PVP but have to settle for what we're given.... same as you, except we win PM vs PUG matches.

I'd love to see a 5v5 q and a 1v1 q as well as a solo Q. We've exhausted all the other means of getting what we hope for. It's up to the devs to fix now.

imgur pics don't work

>You can believe what you'd like but we're not the monsters you'd like to think.

Nobody thinks you're monsters. More like a group of Linus clones.

PS4 characters:
    Fair enough, although we've been referred to as psycho and sociopaths before, here, on these forums. So I was simply stating that we're being overestimated at times :wink:

imgur pics don't work

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

It would depend solely on the community. Synergy would love to premade and in house all day long. Finding other groups to PVP against would be the only thing stopping us. 5v5 Q should've been a thing since day 1, it's still in need of implementation.

As far as enjoying PUG stomping, you're welcome to stop by our discord server and listen in on matches. They're mostly us talking about our day or some news about game with the occasional laugh at "omg did you see that crit for xxxxxxx ... that's what no tenacity looks like." Then back to "I think xxxxxx is running a PM maybe we'll get them!".

You can believe what you'd like but we're not the monsters you'd like to think. Just peeps who have decent gear and like fun PVP but have to settle for what we're given.... same as you, except we win PM vs PUG matches.

I'd love to see a 5v5 q and a 1v1 q as well as a solo Q. We've exhausted all the other means of getting what we hope for. It's up to the devs to fix now.

No you can be on Ts/discord server without doing premade but it is exactly as Morenthar points out.

Kids trying to compensate RL in a game that can't stand loosing forming these redicules premade day, out week out, month out now even year out in a game where pvp close to died one of the reason being normal players are dead tired of running into these premades that gives them 0 chanse.

Calling down people for 1-1 then 3-1 jump them if they are about to loose is common among many elite premades for the same reason Morenthar points out - can't stand loosing.

You yourself play perma Tr - real challange isent it can't die in a pvp must be fun....

Sure it comes down to a flawed system that don't allow premades + everthing else but it sure don't help that people with rl issues runs around abusing everything as hard as they can trying to flee from RL by pretending they are good in game....
    I'll be as plain here as I can, some people are going to disagree with how I play, what class I play, who I play with, and why. They are perfectly welcome to their opinion.

Simply put, I can and do play the game the way I like for a myriad of reasons. Most importantly because a game is meant to be fun. If this means you want to make assumptions about me based off the fact you don't agree with my playstyle feel free.

For some of you I hope you're more accurate with your assumptions than you are with your encounters, for some of you I already know this is not the case.

imgur pics don't work

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Suggestions for players :

- Add to your Freind's list with people you enjoy PvPing with.

- Reguarly ask in your Guild/Alliance channels for people to go with you.

- Join a special channel for PvPers full of people whom play fair.

- Consider pugging as more of an RNG rather than an assured way to PvP to "win".

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I'll be as plain here as I can, some people are going to disagree with how I play, what class I play, who I play with, and why. They are perfectly welcome to their opinion.

Simply put, I can and do play the game the way I like for a myriad of reasons. Most importantly because a game is meant to be fun. If this means you want to make assumptions about me based off the fact you don't agree with my playstyle feel free.

For some of you I hope you're more accurate with your assumptions than you are with your encounters, for some of you I already know this is not the case.

How much fun do you think PvP is for the PUGs that queue up for days without seeing a balanced match? Sure, winning all the time is fun. But no game is supposed to ensure that all you ever do is win. If there is no chance to lose, there is no challenge. If there is no way to win, there is no point in playing. This is the current situation in PvP, and one of the reasons it is dying. It is interesting to see that even proponents of pre-made PvP are starting to come around to the point of view that if PvP is to ever change, for the better, the first step is to separate the pre-mades & the PUGs.
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > I'll be as plain here as I can, some people are going to disagree with how I play, what class I play, who I play with, and why. They are perfectly welcome to their opinion.
    >
    >
    >
    > Simply put, I can and do play the game the way I like for a myriad of reasons. Most importantly because a game is meant to be fun. If this means you want to make assumptions about me based off the fact you don't agree with my playstyle feel free.
    >
    >
    >
    > For some of you I hope you're more accurate with your assumptions than you are with your encounters, for some of you I already know this is not the case.
    >
    > How much fun do you think PvP is for the PUGs that queue up for days without seeing a balanced match? Sure, winning all the time is fun. But no game is supposed to ensure that all you ever do is win. If there is no chance to lose, there is no challenge. If there is no way to win, there is no point in playing. This is the current situation in PvP, and one of the reasons it is dying. It is interesting to see that even proponents of pre-made PvP are starting to come around to the point of view that if PvP is to ever change, for the better, the first step is to separate the pre-mades & the PUGs.

Probably not much fun for pugs who wind up against our premades. Now as far as qing for days without seeing a balanced match, well that's not just because of my PMs or any PMs for that matter. It's because the Q doesn't try to balance the players. When I solo Q frequently I come up against PMs, or what might as well be PMs in the form of 2 endgame GFs, 2 end game Pallies, and an HR vs my green geared team mates who just fresh turned 70.

As far as seperating out the Premades vs. the Pugs, PVPers have ALWAYS asked for a 5v5 Q for premades. We wanted this in like mod2, but at that time you could get the match you wanted easier. Also, there were enough premades through mod 5 that even if you didn't get the match you were aiming for you'd likely get another premade.

If a slol q is what some players want for more balanced puggery then I say they should be welcome to it. Whatever will increase the number of PVPers I'm for it.

That said, this is really in the hands of the game developers/managers. We have said it over and over again.

imgur pics don't work

• nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

Yes the qing on the preview server is also flawed especially if there are multiple teams qing that are not full comps
    you will not get insta pop you will wait potentially forever to 5 v 5 sync till other people get out of Q thats why a 5 v 5 lobby keeps getting requested you the match and potentially map can be set...

even 1 person Qing solo on preview can troll / mess up the Q as it looks to form random teams of 5 v 5 teams or preset 5 v 5

Why would anyone less than a 5-player team Q on preview? It makes no sense. Surely this cannot be a common occurrence, and even less so the case when a single player queues alone. How frequently do players queue alone on preview?

Also, a question: assume 2 (or more) FULL 5-players teams queued on preview, and no one was queuing alone (or in groups of less than 5 players). Would the queue sync immediately?

I am assuming there must be some good reason why you guys do actually queue on preview, and I imagine that the previous sentence sums that reason up (correct me if there is another reason).
    kalina311 said:

what if there is a rival guild or people you hate you will never catch them or get them to go on preview to be tought a lesson you can only catch them in open regular q on regular server.. a few players and guilds come to mind..

I am also hoping that this is a very occasional reason for "why not to queue on preview". I can't imagine revenge and "teaching lessons" are a primary reason to pvp at all.
    kalina311 said:

also the constant need to patch the preview server (some people have slower connections ) and transfer characters from live

Yes, I can see the annoyance at such an issue; the original post on coordination (such as via in-game channel communication) aims at addressing and reducing the frequency of such occurrences, as I have written previously.
    kalina311 said:

also you cant do regular pve game activities with regards to character progression while on preview waiting in Q
    so a semi casual pickup match is impossible

Agreed and understood. Again the point of the thread was to ask why not coordinate more efficiently between pvp guilds so as to reduce matching/waiting-time on preview.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)

But question in this thread is: why are we not syncing on preview.

Answer: preview has the same flaws as live.

And yet you are still queuing on preview.

Observed behaviour reveals that there is an incentive (i.e. a benefit) to doing what one does. Therefore queuing on preview reveals that you believe there is a benefit to it compared to queuing on live. If there was no benefit you would not be doing it in the first place.

Since there is a benefit, why not reduce any remaining costs (e.g. waiting time, patching) by getting all pvp guilds organised to be able to make matches happen on preview more systematically, without the "risk" of encountering us, the pesky pugs?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I've never tried PVP and probably won't if it's just a slaughter. That doesn't sound much fun.

Btw I always PUG for PVE content. And it's always been fun, even when none of us knew what the heck we were doing :smiley:
    qingwen said:

I've never tried PVP and probably won't if it's just a slaughter. That doesn't sound much fun.

Btw I always PUG for PVE content. And it's always been fun, even when none of us knew what the heck we were doing :smiley:

It's a slaughter especially when the opposing teams are unbalanced which happens often unfortunately. It's also strategy though and the combination of the two can be lots of fun. There are also some really nice people you can meet on occasion. You should give it a shot. The most important thing is not being afraid of dying, again and again...and again :)
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User

qingwen said:

It's a slaughter especially when the opposing teams are unbalanced which happens often unfortunately. It's also strategy though and the combination of the two can be lots of fun. There are also some really nice people you can meet on occasion. You should give it a shot. The most important thing is not being afraid of dying, again and again...and again :)
    Well, I tried "domination", and... I am not entirely sure what happened. I told my team I was a noob at pvp, then they said just go kill the opposing team. I found them near a glowing pole thingy, tried attacking, not much effect. We seemed to be standing around a lot, narrator announced "Your Team Dominates" then I died in one shot, was resurrected, then the game ended. I scored a zero.

Hm.. at least the armour is cute :blush:

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @qingwen
    If you're really interested in learning about domination PvP, and saying "capture the nodes and try to hold them" doesn't explain it enough, try YouTube searching "Neverwinter - Pt1 Basic PVP Tips"

I must admit that I didn't watch the whole video, since I already know how it works, but I can vaguely recall that the part I did watch, covered the basics of how domination works.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    PVP can be fun, I PVPed a LOT once but the premades drove me away.

I understand PVP guilds want to compete against each other so a Premade queue would be in their favor, but for the rest of us a single queue is best...

Split the queues.... It may take longer to get in a match but it will be worth it