test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Siege of Neverwinter: Weaker Enemy or Tougher Character?

astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
In the past, there was no problem to reach from one end of "Siege Battlefield" to an Effect on the other end, but lately, such an effect as "Cult Carapult", is over before my character gets there! Not even the "Tunnel" gets me there on time! Even the dragons seen weaker....is the enemy weaker or characters tougher???

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The event suffers from the same issues as any event in which the mobs are level 60 and most players are level 70 but scaled down. Downscaling still makes characters disproportionately powerful compared to enemies, while being scaled up usually means you're pretty weak compared to the NPCs.

Since the last time they ran Siege, average player power will continue to have crept up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    I one shot stuff with astral seal, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that last time. (mod 9 weapons).
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Tougher character, compare your IL to last years and then remember that it was the same the year before, you are better, more practiced and with more powers, feats, skills than last year. Just like last year the Siege was easier earlier on until the Devs had time to crunch the numbers and upgrade the enemy from last years stats. Give it a week or less and it will seem more like last year at the end.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    For the returning players, you are like the Giants n Icewind Pass who say, "This is no challenge." Enjoy it while you can.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Of course! Some chars' IL increased fourfold since last Siege event.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother