test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excessively Bright Spell/Combat Effects

teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Am I the only one who has had things get much brighter since the last mod? I dunno what happened, but it looks like Midnight Rok'n'Bowl threw up all over my screen. :P Especially in Master Spellplague. At times I can hardly see a thing in any given combat, let alone what my own character is doing. I really enjoy how the game looks and would hate to have to start turning off stuff, but on the other hand I'd love suggestions others may have :)
Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    You should be able to make some changes in gfx settings for this issue.
    "Bloom intensity" or something like that perhaps?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    None of the settings does much of anything to help. I'm honestly incredibly surprised I haven't seen more complaints about this. It is absolutely ridiculous. And it's made even worse in the Spellplague dungeon somehow. I don't know what sort of filter or effect or what they have going on in there, but it's literally blinding; I CANNOT see a thing that is going on in the entirety of my party or own toon.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Original Spellplague always gave me performance issues and the inability to see doodlypoop and the solution for my case was turning max physical debris particles way down. Honestly, I don't find that setting even has a significant impact on how the game looks.

I had debris turned a good way down after the 11b build that reset everything, but Siege PE with the floating ash was a slideshow so I dialed it down to 50 and it's seemed fine since then.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I had to turn down the Shading to Low so I'd stop seeing certain banners and furniture with a "floating particles in structure" effect.

That may help.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    At time's I find the UI slow to refresh when first logging into a toon. I open professions or others and sometimes it takes a while for the graphics window to fully populate which never used to happen... at times I also notice an excessive amount of whiteness to many graphical effects that look horrible. Other times however it's not present at all and seems to mostly display fine???
    No, it's not quite the same as the gfx issues that occur from texture streaming and loading in. It's almost like the Bloom effect got turned WAY up. Like the brightness and saturation on spell/power/combat effects went up almost. I put Bloom Quality to Off (only option is on or off) and it seemed to help a bit. I also don't like that it's so inconsistent. I.E. much worse in mSP than anywhere else. Their whole current obsession with neon colors seems to have gone a bit overboard, IMO.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR

Original Spellplague always gave me performance issues and the inability to see doodlypoop and the solution for my case was turning max physical debris particles way down. Honestly, I don't find that setting even has a significant impact on how the game looks.

I had debris turned a good way down after the 11b build that reset everything, but Siege PE with the floating ash was a slideshow so I dialed it down to 50 and it's seemed fine since then.

I turned the physics debris setting down and, while it didn't do anything for the overall brightness, it helped with performance a bit; thanks! :smiley:
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR