test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.80.20170515e.3

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance can be found here.

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Performance and Stability

General

There have been more crash fixes, but the Device Removed crash still eludes us for the time being

Jeeze. Seriously? You guys are killing me.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They are fixing Orcus to be more in line with the ilevel changes they are making in this patch too. But yes other work arounds that have been in the game way too long should be fixed too, if at all possible.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    "The amount of damage dealt by a majority of Orcus's abilities has been significantly reduced."

Nooooo...... most of the CN runs on my GF has just been orcus fights. Now there will be less of these opportunities and I'll have to do more full runs :(
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    "Orcus's maximum hit points have been increased."

Buffing DCs will be more sought-after now for speed runs :)
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Still no permanent solo-only pvp queue. Basically no response for months to anything players want. Color me unimpressed.
  • Options
    galopikusgalopikus Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Overflow Bag Changes:

If you want to fix the biggest issues causing overflow, then quest items should be relocated to the “useful items” tab. For Example the reclaimed items for River District are permanently taking up extra spaces, or even temporary items like if we want to pick up several days worth of quests from zones like Sharandar and knock them all out in one day, or finish multiple quests for the Storm King’s Thunder campaign and turn them in as needed one day at a time. Even if you claim these to be temporary cases, they are a consistent cause for losing a lot of bag space.

We don’t have the time to farm everything everyday, so picking up quests in advance and planning to organize different days for different zones is an efficient way to play Neverwinter without getting overwhelmed with all the game content that is currently offered. So until quest items are placed in a tab separate from our main bag storage, they will be a major contributor to the overflow bag problems.

The second issue, with loadouts now released, is armor and artifact pieces that have to be sitting in our inventory so we can easily swap out builds. Armor pieces should have their own tab and that way we can purchase bags for that tab alone and store the armor pieces for different builds. Or if you want to find an even better cure to the no-bag-space syndrome, there can be a character-bound tab. Or to really go out of your way and solve the bag space issue, you can go ahead and get rid of all character-bound refinements completely and switch them over to account bound.

There are plenty of solutions that can be found to reduce the chances of needing an “overflow bag” system, I only named the obvious choices. Any one of those suggestions would make a huge improvement for quality of game. Please take them into consideration.
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I dont like Orcus nerf. It would be better IMHO to raise up minimal item requirements and make CN something like T2,5 dungeon.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Guess that means CN is a PUG option now. Or not.... Couldn't imagine a bad team taking 5 minutes to kill that balor.....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    galopikus said:

We don’t have the time to farm everything everyday, so picking up quests in advance and planning to organize different days for different zones is an efficient way to play Neverwinter without getting overwhelmed with all the game content that is currently offered. So until quest items are placed in a tab separate from our main bag storage, they will be a major contributor to the overflow bag problems.

This is a real problem. And the pat answer that the solution to being overloaded with quest items is to finish off the quests they relate to is bullhamster. As long as stronghold progression is tied to running old zones as well as current ones, we don't get to pick and choose which quests are relevant to us. The only way to stay sane is to try to pare it down to running things in rounds or sets.

And as long as character progression is tied to using events for maximizing gains, we don't get to decide to not hoard most of the stuff we collect against the appropriate event.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    " Guardian Fighter: Iron Guard: This feat's effects now properly provide 5% reduced damage per stack, rather than 5% reduced damage regardless of stacks."

Credit where it is due.
    Thank you very much.

JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Color me lost but where is Secrets of the Cocoon?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

A story quest on the path from Bryn Shander to Lonelywood.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User

A story quest on the path from Bryn Shander to Lonelywood.
    Thanks
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance can be found here.

I can't accept any quests, because I have too many items in my overflow. Okaaay. I'll just post some items on the AH to make room. Oh, wait! I can't post any items on the AH... BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MANY ITEMS IN MY OVER FLOW!!! Please fix this. :(
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Feedback - 3:57 PM CST in the US

Mass disconnects from many alliance. Loading screens taking longer.

It may just be because event is on though - lag.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    https://ibb.co/nCigkv
    After today's patch, piercing blades now only work with Base Damage, meaning not the full damage of the power. Also now it seems that it doesn't get affected by level 73 mob damage mitigation. Is this intended ?

Although for blade hurricane, it is still the same. Takes full damage into account and gets mitigated by level 73 mobs. And I just realised that, blade storm no longer triggers piercing blades which is total non-sense.

You can see that by checking the total swings of blade storm and piercing blades. Before this patch, every swing of blade storm was triggering piercing blades and now, no trigger at all.

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    @nitocris83 It appears the two items being added to the Tarmalune Tradebar Store didn't make it. Any chance they can fix it before the sale is over? Or have another TTB sale when the add them?
  • Options
    jarnel2774jarnel2774 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i had 20 people from my alliance about to start a DF and every one of us got kicked from the server and the event got cancelled, please resolve this issue, it has only started happening since the servers came back online on the 25/05/17 after maintenance so my guess is something that cryptic did during maintenance is causing the issue, the proposed crash fixes has just increased the amount of crashes, the game runs fine for a lot of things but doing certain things in particular like DFs dragon runs or castle never are making the game crash now since maintenance.
  • Options

i had 20 people from my alliance about to start a DF and every one of us got kicked from the server and the event got cancelled, please resolve this issue, it has only started happening since the servers came back online on the 25/05/17 after maintenance so my guess is something that cryptic did during maintenance is causing the issue, the proposed crash fixes has just increased the amount of crashes, the game runs fine for a lot of things but doing certain things in particular like DFs dragon runs or castle never are making the game crash now since maintenance.

Are you sure its the "the proposed crash fixes"? Maybe its the server farm software/hardware.
  • Options
    spiderfire#4162 spiderfire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Cn is now ridiculously easy.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    CN is fine. Last boss is most difficult to kill him.

Why loadouts dont efect artifacts weapon powers? are u serious?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    For the same reason it doesn't affect enchantments in equipment.... it will only swap out *your* powers/feats and *your* equipment, not change the equipment itself.

If you have two of the same artifact weapon sets, each with a different power selected, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
This discussion has been closed.