test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

note to players with Yahoo emails, be prepare in June for change-over.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
Verizon bought Yahoo services, it will effect emails in June. if you have NWO in yahoo account email, just for your info and be ready if you need to change, if you have other games and not played in awhile, please make some change in personal profile to avoid some "email errors" by not matching existing accounts.

Moderators, hope you have better wordings than i do, i am deaf, writing in english isnt easy, to help players to know and prepare in june about new business services, and better topic page where everyone can see.

Comments

• fontanaelunaefontanaelunae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    How will it affect emails? I cannot find good web-information at first glance...
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    You're fine if you have a yahoo.com address, but not if you have a verizon.net address (though Verizon will let you keep the address... looks like they may setup email forwarding).

Verizon.net has decided to get out of the email business. If you have a verizon.net email address, that will be shut down. Verizon is recommending users move to Yahoo.com (because they have a business relationship with Yahoo... but it's entirely up to you where to migrate to).

Verizon will no longer provide verizon.net email service. Instead we will focus on providing our internet, TV and phone customers the best experience possible. We realize some customers love their verizon.net email address and may want to keep it, so we are offering you two options. If you want to keep your verizon.net email address or download your email, contact and calendar(s) to take to any other provider of your choice, then please follow the steps in the Keep your current email address. This option allows you to keep the email address that you love, while having it be supported and serviced by a leading provider.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/email/migrations.htm
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    And what this means for game accounts is if your email address that is associated with it is discontinued, this can lead to serious problems with customer service verification that you are you if there is ever a problem with your account.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I personally use and prefer Gmail. I have a score of Gmail accounts for various things and the filters and spam detection is second to none. There are very few times anything that isn't spam or that I haven't marked as spam gets detected as spam. I've never had any emails from any of my MMO that I play get marked as spam. I have always, since as long as I can recall there being Yahoo email, heard horror stories of either things being flagged spam that aren't or just simply not even making it through their system to the end user. For an MMO player, I can not ever think of a good reason to use Yahoo, only reasons why not to.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    I prefer built up own website, pick free web hosting server. upload edited/customized web engine.. Create website. and being safe from most of stuff.. sadly. some service do not recognize them. so had to stick with yahoo or gmail, or inbox, ....
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    whew, thanks Trip, that answered
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Which is it, panic and tear your hair out, or don't worry?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Which is it, panic and tear your hair out, or don't worry?

Neither. Be aware of the potential ramifications to your game accounts if your email address changes and you don't update your account with the new info.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia