test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Bugs & Issues

Comments

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @terramak @mimicking#6533 Please keep us up to date on any fixes to the game or when you have a build on preview so that people who can't play can go test ASAP. It's been almost a week now and so many of us can't play or even log in.

Thank you! <3
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I had the cleric reset powers and feats problem, complete details posted in this thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230856/cleric-reset

Wondering if there's a possibility that I could get the respec back? Not really a huge issue, I have several left over, just more the principle of the thing I guess.
    I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but the Mod 11.b titles that I have "earned" do not show up in my list of titles. I haven't finished the whole intro quest line yet, so don't know if there are any others to be listed, but so far these are the ones I can't find:

1. Tanked
    2. Free the Spirit
    3. Drink with the Living Dead

I've checked under all of the various headings, would have expected them under the quest-related titles, but they're not listed anywhere.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    This is not technically a bug with the 11b release, but it has been an issue since strongholds released in mod 7. It has been brought up multiple times by players but the devs have never seemed to pay any attention.

The "daily quests" from the various boon buildings are not actually dailies. They have a 20 hour cooldown from when you turn in the quest. It is very frustrating and annoying and serves absolutely no game reason at all. The same goes for the 10 heroic shards that you can earn "once per day" from doing your first epic HE in the stronghold. that is on a 20 hour cooldown as well.

So if your play time varies much or you forget to turn in a quest or do an HE you end up locking yourself out of these rewards for an extra day.

There are no other mechanics in the game that act like this anymore for quests and HE rewards (creating keys acts like this but they have visible timers and takes seconds to check and maintain). This particular issue is a hold over from the start of mod 7. Influence was also based on a 20 hour timer IIRC and the players complained and it got changed to reset daily at 3am server time, but this stuff was left alone and ignored.

@nitocris83 can you please bring this up to the devs?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but the Mod 11.b titles that I have "earned" do not show up in my list of titles. I haven't finished the whole intro quest line yet, so don't know if there are any others to be listed, but so far these are the ones I can't find:

1. Tanked
    2. Free the Spirit

I've checked under all of the various headings, would have expected them under the quest-related titles, but they're not listed anywhere.

I noticed we might be missing a title from the super secret extra MSP boss as well.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

1. Tanked
    2. Free the Spirit

I got Tanked... for continuing to drink in quest 6 after drinking buddy.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    1 - the game takes over 5 minutes to load still
    2 - once I can get logged in I get various "ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" or other problems or just random crashes after between 2 an 5 minutes

The game is unplayable.

Its pretty hard to believe in this day and age that this kind of thing can be rolled out live and have so many players so angry and still not been fixed.

I have paid money to play and was planning to spend more. This is now becoming unlikely so its costing the owners money.

Please get these graphic issues fixed :)
    dupeks said:

I got Tanked... for continuing to drink in quest 6 after drinking buddy.

Yep, that was fun. It said I got it, but the title Tanked is not in my list and I can't use it. Can you set your title to "Tanked"?

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

Zarifrax's Coffer went directly to overflow spot, despite plenty of space,
    and would not allow me to move it. (Haven't rebooted, but even if the
    issue resolves itself, this is a bug.)

Update: Item REQUIRED that it go in the first bag. So I had to delete an item.

You had empty inventory spaces. I ran into this too but I just moved something else into a lower bag to take the coffer out of overflow. Why delete?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Been having a graphical glitch with weapon master strike since 11b did the drinking buddy with sgt. knox then the tanked title
    went to fight the wraiths and that's when it started happening everywhere I use WMS now. Weapon master strike is pulling a different textures in its strike area. Tried changing all kinds of graphics settings. never seen anything like it before. screenshot below

wms error

Seem raising shader quality removes the texture overlapping and just shows the swing as a disturbance in the air.
    Post edited by d3drkshadow on
    With regards to the GRAPHICS bug: [ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG etc etc]

Still unresolved and NOW I cant even submit crash reports - just Ctrl-Alt-Delete and close down client.

Is this going to be addressed? The FATAL ERROR will be driving many players away.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    To anyone getting errors/crashes, you may wish to try renaming/deleting the game directory and reinstalling the game. I was getting a lot of crashes and tried verifying the game (which came back fine) so I gave up and downloaded the whole thing fresh and I've had no issues since. It's time consuming but as a last resort you may as well try it.
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    There's currently a bug with the Flamehexes out in River District (includes Kabal's domain). When they die, they disappear entirely with no red mark on the ground and immediately explode with no warning or wind up at all. After that has happened, the game THEN plays the entire audio of the death, including the wind up and explosion.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW

To anyone getting errors/crashes, you may wish to try renaming/deleting the game directory and reinstalling the game. I was getting a lot of crashes and tried verifying the game (which came back fine) so I gave up and downloaded the whole thing fresh and I've had no issues since. It's time consuming but as a last resort you may as well try it.

Thanks ;)

I did a complete Windows 10 Reset, and installed Neverwinter from scratch - no luck. But thats a good thing to try :)

9 Days later and still unplayable - I'm off to Shroud of the Avatar :)
  • draslyodraslyo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Still not able to play without freezing while logging in or when I do get in not able to move. Guess I wasted 4 years on a game I can no longer play now oh well
  • anthaloreanthalore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I can no longer accept the daily quests for Bryn Shander, Lonelywood and Cold Run. I can only accept weeklies there now. The only dailies in Icewind I can get are in Caer Konig and the Sea of moving ice.
    With regards to the FATAL ERROR DEVICE_REMOVED problem I just tested another PC and it seems that a computer which has long loading times ALSO tends to have the fatal device error.
    anthalore said:

I can no longer accept the daily quests for Bryn Shander, Lonelywood and Cold Run. I can only accept weeklies there now. The only dailies in Icewind I can get are in Caer Konig and the Sea of moving ice.

If you have not finished the Cold Run intro sequence up to and including a quest called Red Ice, this is working correctly. You get locked out of dailies any time you have a zone intro incomplete. (I don't *like* that it works this way, but that's how it is.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

I have an issue where some wood textures appear like television static. I don't know if it would be helpful to post computer specs or screenshots, but the problem is most obvious in the Arcane Reservoir where nearly all surfaces use this texture. I also saw it a little on some armor stands in Death Forge, which is what made me realize it's a material texture and not the Reservoir instance with a problem.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I get a similar issue with gates/portals etc... That is, the surface that demotes a gate, such as the cave mouth of Biggrins or the opening of a River District dig site.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

I have an issue where some wood textures appear like television static. I don't know if it would be helpful to post computer specs or screenshots, but the problem is most obvious in the Arcane Reservoir where nearly all surfaces use this texture. I also saw it a little on some armor stands in Death Forge, which is what made me realize it's a material texture and not the Reservoir instance with a problem.

I get the same thing happening with static when I open character/queue menus or randomly on the edges of the visible terrain- to the far left or right of my Field of view.
    --

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Jelly Cubes have the static/snow, also.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

While I was playing and in some need of a client restart due to graphic performance degradation (delays in FX rendering, but hadn't totally stopped rendering yet), the static on Reservoir wood textures was *not* manifesting. The environment just looked normal to me.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Can the focus be on fixing the FATAL ERROR problem please? Its 20+ days now?

Can the focus be on fixing the FATAL ERROR problem please? Its 20+ days now?

Agreed! This is pathetic.
    --

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    First of all pls fix kick vote system...i cant kick bots from 3men dungeons...its rly annoying to wait HAMSTER bots. And do something for all this bots.
    Next, new item lvl is buged when inspect other characters in game, i inspect ppl in game and show me 11k-12k item lvl but the real item lvl is 13k or 14k etc....i have 15k item lvl but when someone inspect me shows him that I hame 12k....pls fix that

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!