What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Maintenances [PC/Xbox/PS4]

Comments

• Options
    polkolpolkol Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    polkol said:

currenty recieving a 7185mb patch on PC...

i have on demand patching turned off, btw, which probably inflates the size quite a bit
  • Options
    vonscuzzmanvonscuzzman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    As anyone in IT knows, every single time a system is left alone it crashes. So they schedule maintenance every week, turn off the servers and everyone can leave the data center and catch a movie or something. ;)
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User

Adventurers,

We will be performing extensive maintenance over the next couple of weeks across all platforms. In order to avoid bringing down the game for the majority of a day, we are splitting the maintenance between this week and next. Extended maintenance will occur during the following dates and times:

COMPLETE May 16: Xbox & PS4 will be down between 6am to 11am PT (When is this for me?)

COMPLETE May 18: PC will be down between 7am to 9am PT. (When is this for me?)

UPCOMING May 23: All platforms will be down between 6am to 2pm PT. (When is this for me?)

Any additional information or updates will be made to this thread when available. Thank you!

So Julie? Define "extensive". ;D~
    But really though, do you actually have a list of things going on? all hardware/software? Just curious
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Since there is no new patch, that must be other old content?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    And it's up! An hour and 10 mins early....
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Well, it's 8.53pm here in the UK and I just logged back into the River District, so it looks like the maintenance may be finished :)
  • Options
    shaynthevillain#6061 shaynthevillain Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I thought maintenance was only until 2PM PST ):

Anyone else locked out still?
  • Options
    Still down..its 2:08 PST
  • Options
    pzaar#1875 pzaar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    No surprise they can hardly ever keep a schedule, meanwhile their twitter was telling a bunch of people "soon" half an hour ago. But now? Radio silence as always
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

It's also possible that the hosting provider wants to patch a lot of servers and other networking hardware at once. Or perhaps they are attempting a bigger change - e.g. migrating hosting servers to Windows Server 2016 and want to reserve some time for rollback if that upgrade fails.

If their service provider is using Windows Server 20XX, then that explains everything. My advice, switch to Linux servers, so much easier to update, like one or two commands unless it's custom software not in the repos.

• Options
    I was just looking at that on their Twitter. Typical NW -_-
  • Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yep, i'm getting "server is unavailable" still.
  • Options
    daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    23:15 still down here in Austria (Europe).
  • Options
    brewskinbrewskin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Still down here in the SE US(PS4), apparently maintenance has been extended to 6pm EST.
  • Options
    halofire#9678 halofire Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Twitter: maintenance lasts until 3pm PT now
  • Options
    pzaar#1875 pzaar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    So 20 minutes after they should be up they tweet out oh its gonna be another hour lol 20 minutes
  • Options
    kimlouise#1079 kimlouise Member Posts: 1 New User
    It said they will be finished by 22.00 ???
  • Options
    antrvin#3352 antrvin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    hopefully they will send an admin on to address this little hours addon
  • Options
    ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Maintenance takes the rip, is this game coming back online tonight or not damn
  • Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Twitter: maintenance lasts until 3pm PT now

What exactly does all this maintenance do because it sure isn't fixing any of the broken stuff?
  • Options
    I don't understand how they say there are no shard notes with this maintenance. Eight hours of maintenance and we are told nothing on what is actually being done.

The servers crash every other day and the AH was down all day yesterday. What about fixing the issues that cause this?

Then, NW tweets that they're almost done and it'll be up soon. Of course that didn't happen. Im just tired of being jerked around, I want to be able to trust the devs of this game but it's getting hard.
  • Options
    somberpilot20#9025 somberpilot20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    so how long does this maintenance take meant to be done by 21.00 pm in uk but still waiting its now 22.28 like why ?????
  • Options
    darkniz#8535 darkniz Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Has anyone else noticed the extra hour that has been quietly added to message on launch screen? WTG NeverWorking, solid customer service there.

and it was up early last time so I guess they are even? Things sometimes take longer than expected. The times are in no way a promise, but an ESTIMATE. EVERY other online game does the same thing..
  • Options
    darkniz#8535 darkniz Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I don't understand how they say there are no shard notes with this maintenance. Eight hours of maintenance and we are told nothing on what is actually being done.

The servers crash every other day and the AH was down all day yesterday. What about fixing the issues that cause this?

Then, NW tweets that they're almost done and it'll be up soon. Of course that didn't happen. Im just tired of being jerked around, I want to be able to trust the devs of this game but it's getting hard.

They can't tell you an EXACT time.. sometime's it takes longer than expected, sometimes shorter than they expect. Things go wrong. They can only give you an ESTIMATE of how long they THINK it will take.
  • Options
    antrvin#3352 antrvin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    well since they are working on releasing an expansion which has now hit pc they are gonna need to do some heavy patching. they also have many issues from the last patch to fix up and there's still odd glitches showing up they want fixed. i wouldn't complain... A its a free game unless you buy a ton of zen at your own choice and B. for being a free game its twice that of WoW. atleast they had a warning that it is gonna be long maintenance.
  • Options
    randmonkeybutt#1745 randmonkeybutt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Guys server down time is too much... I understand scheduled maintenance but with all the times the server has been down in the last week for the ps4 it is getting to be a little too much. I love this game and content but please at least reward your loyal users when we have to put up with this much down time...
This discussion has been closed.