test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Dungeons Solo-able again!!!!

bannikus#8557 bannikus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Every dungeon should have the option to solo. I used to solo the Cloak Tower at level 25+ and had lots of fun. Then,they brought it down and when it returned,it had a group-only mentality. Nearly every time I get into it now,the other members are obsessed with getting to the end just to get the AD!!!! They don't even bother looting any chests.(Can you say "gold-farmers" boys and girls?)
D&D Online has a Solo option on most of their dungeons,so it would be great if this game adopted the same system!!!!

Comments

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

D&D Online has a Solo option on most of their dungeons,so it would be great if this game adopted the same system!!!!

First we need all our old dungeons back. After that they can make it solo able.

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @spideymt
    Why in that order? All they have to do to fulfill OP's request, is to reactivate the doors in the leveling areas.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    MMO not MSO.

Que with buddies if you want a slow ride, take it easy.

I'm in the mood
    The rhythm is right
    Move to the music
    We can roll all night! : prances off singing:
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

(Can you say "gold-farmers" boys and girls?)

Because a lot of players don't think the chests are worthwhile and they are running fast, easy dungeons to get their daily AD on multiple alts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Because a lot of players don't think the chests are worthwhile and they are running fast, easy dungeons to get their daily AD on multiple alts.
    What he mean to say is: solo dungeon makes bot to run even easier than right now. It open the doors for bots again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

greywynd said:

What he mean to say is: solo dungeon makes bot to run even easier than right now. It open the doors for bots again.
    Do you think they are closed for bots now?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

greywynd said:

Do you think they are closed for bots now?
    No but that just makes that even easier, quicker and less resource needed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    gindorn27#4853 gindorn27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It would be great to solo again !!!! Even if they lowered the AD reward,it'd be worth it to get rid of the greedy players doing them just for the AD. Most of them run as fast as they can to the end,they skip everything on the way,making it more tedious and dangerous for the one straggler trying to PLAY the game the way it's meant to be played.
    It's a matter of ethics. "Leave no man behind". The greedy ones leave their team-mate(s) behind,while they wait at the end.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    ...or you can let them run ahead, and slowly stroll picking up loot whilst they die. (That does sound kinda mean.)

We don't need less sources for AD, thank you. It diminishes after two runs anyhow.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    msb777msb777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i wish the hole game was solo. so i don't have to deal with elitist in the dungeons. i don't play mmo's for the Chat Party, i play it for the content you don't get in most solo games. i would also like to see a solo stronghold because im not joining a guild for the same reason.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    msb777 said:

i wish the hole game was solo. so i don't have to deal with elitist in the dungeons. i don't play mmo's for the Chat Party, i play it for the content you don't get in most solo games. i would also like to see a solo stronghold because im not joining a guild for the same reason.

Buy elder scroll online or any other offline rpg game.. And u would not had to bother with requirement to have party for dungeons. Also look to other good points..
    Internet connection would not required, so server lags will not bother..
    No needing bargain with other players, u are king on own world..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    msb777 said:

i would also like to see a solo stronghold because im not joining a guild for the same reason.

Make...your own...guild. You can leave only your player in it.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

It would be great to solo again !!!! Even if they lowered the AD reward,it'd be worth it to get rid of the greedy players doing them just for the AD. Most of them run as fast as they can to the end,they skip everything on the way,making it more tedious and dangerous for the one straggler trying to PLAY the game the way it's meant to be played.
    It's a matter of ethics. "Leave no man behind". The greedy ones leave their team-mate(s) behind,while they wait at the end.

Greedy?

So in this thread alone, people trying to actually make AD in this game, using the mechanics provided, have been called "greedy" and "bots", and told that they are somehow "playing the game wrong". Blame the devs, not the players for doing what they can to make AD.

Wow.

Honestly, a solo option would be fine with me. Bots are going to run the instance either way...not having a solo option does not hinder bots one bit, and wouldn't help them really if it was added.

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

msb777 said:

i would also like to see a solo stronghold because im not joining a guild for the same reason.

According to @qexotic , that's an exploit. What do you think?

• Options
    msb777msb777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    litaaers said:

msb777 said:

According to @qexotic , that's an exploit. What do you think?

if a solo guild is an exploit than having a massive guild would be massive exploit if you think about it. One person doing the work of 50 people, vs 100 people doing the work of 50 people.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Why not only offer an AD reward for entering via a queue, but put the dungeone entrances back on map for those who wish to enter solo for no AD reward?
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

...or you can let them run ahead, and slowly stroll picking up loot whilst they die. (That does sound kinda mean.)

We don't need less sources for AD, thank you. It diminishes after two runs anyhow.

I've done this in a few Cloak Tower runs and it seems some people know how to get in to battle the boss without the rest of the party and when the party gets to the end they don't get to open the chest, they don't get their AD and they don't get their seals...because they weren't there for the final battle.

I've also seen people go through the doors without kicking them open...as well as killing the monsters on the other side and getting them to come through the door.

It doesn't happen very often, but solo dungeons would be a nice option for when we want to play it or just run through it quickly. Mixing the runners with the players takes the fun out of it for the players.

They could match the party by levels too, if they want to prevent solo. I think it's kind of funny how the minimum item level changes have prevented people who want to play epic dungeons from playing them while higher item level characters are free to go into the standard dungeons because there's no maximum item level set. I think it would be fair if the high item level characters had to play their own level dungeon to get their AD...whatever epic dungeons we have unlocked are the ones we should be playing for our AD...not the ones we can go in and breeze through because the monsters can't hurt us and we can one-shot everything to rush to the end for the AD. That's not real gameplay.
  • Options
    manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

I've done this in a few Cloak Tower runs and it seems some people know how to get in to battle the boss without the rest of the party and when the party gets to the end they don't get to open the chest, they don't get their AD and they don't get their seals...because they weren't there for the final battle.

I've also seen people go through the doors without kicking them open...as well as killing the monsters on the other side and getting them to come through the door.

It doesn't happen very often, but solo dungeons would be a nice option for when we want to play it or just run through it quickly. Mixing the runners with the players takes the fun out of it for the players.

They could match the party by levels too, if they want to prevent solo. I think it's kind of funny how the minimum item level changes have prevented people who want to play epic dungeons from playing them while higher item level characters are free to go into the standard dungeons because there's no maximum item level set. I think it would be fair if the high item level characters had to play their own level dungeon to get their AD...whatever epic dungeons we have unlocked are the ones we should be playing for our AD...not the ones we can go in and breeze through because the monsters can't hurt us and we can one-shot everything to rush to the end for the AD. That's not real gameplay.
    ^^ makes sense
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    People getting into the boss arena without the rest of the people in the instance is likely due to an ongoing bug. Sometimes, the game doesn't add everyone to the party effectively making them a separate group to the game's thinking. Because of this, if the 'solo' player gets to the boss gate first, the game doesn't give the 'gather your party' dialog. The entire party (as it seems to be) is already there. If your party beats the boss, you get the rewards. If a 'competing adventure party' beats it, you get nothing. Unfortunately, last week's queue change only seems to have added additional glitches.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    yeah i've seen a couple people in the epic gray wolf actually exploit that bug. I'm not sure exactly how it's done but two of them were able to go in and fight while we waited for the rest of the party to get there...for some reason i didn't get in with them. They never beat the boss when they went in so I don't know if the rest of us would have gotten the rewards, but i do know on the cloaked tower i never got the reward....but maybe that was because the other party member left after the boss was beat. I went to the end and got no credit for the dungeon....however, i did get to fight and loot everything so it wasn't too bad. Just thought it was interesting how people do stuff like that.