test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Maintenances [PC/Xbox/PS4]

Comments

• tetesptetesp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    To my xbox account. I have one DC at lvl+55 and today 23 of May i cant login. I dont read any maintenance, so???
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Hm. If there's even 5 min delay, this will effectively rob me of a daily VIP key. :(
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    "In order to avoid bringing down the game for the majority of a day....."

lol it is offline 2pm - 10pm today (uk), I'd say that wiped out the day.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

-issues not being able to target the beholder after the event is over.

-game crashes when zoning in and out of zones

Would be nice.

For the zoning crash - if you're referring to the game just hard freezing on load to new zone, try selecting your approx. location for the proxy servers in the launcher. There's a dropdown menu for patching server and gameplay server proxy; your choices should be US, EU, or None. I'm in US and chose that one for both and it stopped those loading freezes entirely. I even turned it off a couple updates ago to see if anything changed and it started happening immediately. Put it back and no crashes since. I can say without a doubt that the proxy setting is what fixed those freezes and lockups for me.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • mellymew#8896 mellymew Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    O.o I understand the meaning of having a maintenance, but I don't understand why not even a shy slight of a reason behind the length of the maintenance is happening. Most games I have played in the past would say that one this long would be for cleaning out lag or well the infamous... System wipe. But we all know and hope not happening here.

I think myself like all just want a simple reason why? Not the same message over and over by our Mod.

Thanks
    @whomstved12345#7917
    Ye, I'm pretty sure they aren't obligated to tell you anything about what they are doing today.
    It should be rather obvious to you though, that this is not normal server maintenance. Mostly because it says so in OP.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I must be a very sad, no-life person. Eight hours downtime is going to kill me :D:o:'(
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • whomstved12345#7917 whomstved12345 Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @forumnamesuxs said:
    > @whomstved12345#7917
    > Ye, I'm pretty sure they aren't obligated to tell you anything about what they are doing today.
    > It should be rather obvious to you though, that this is not normal server maintenance. Mostly because it says so in OP.

They said it would not bring down the servers for the majority of the day. It did. Today is my day off and I can't play the game I want because they didn't split maintenance evenly "as to prevent shards from being offline for the majority of the day," as it also states in the OP.

It's obvious this is about shroud of souls but they should have split this evenly instead of making one 4 hours, another 2 hours, then the last one a whole 8 hours. Time management demands, as does their OP, that they break it up into ~4 hours each update because a final 8 hours as the finale is kinda dumb
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    bobby4700 said:

So Zeb if there is no note worthy things on patch . how come a week later "as usual of late " there will patch notes on this maintenance ?

lag
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    edited May 2017
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you on that.
    So, unless you weren't familiar with Cryptics definitions, sentences like "In order to avoid bringing down the game for the majority of a day", directly translates to "In order to bring down the game for the entire day" for most people outside of he US.
    I mean, why not just make only US citizen unaffected by this every time, instead of spreading it out a bit, right?

Edit: I'm so used to this, that I wasn't going to let it get to me this time. I guess I failed miserably at that. lol. :)

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

I posted this on Twitter and didn't get a response so I'll leave it here. First off, as consumers of your product, we have a right to know why we are being denied access to your product for so long, especially since the last two week's maintenance schedules were rather short in duration compared to today. You don't have a right to hide things from us as we, the consumers, consume your product and are actually puzzled as to why 8 hours is necessary for a simple server shutdown. With something like WoW I could understand, they're working with software from 2005, but unless you're rebuilding the entire game from the ground up or something like that 8 hours without an explanation is ridiculous. Maintaining any MMO server, especially with modern day tech and the amount of manpower an average IT company has, should be nowhere near 8 hours.

So I would ask that you please, to keep a point of understanding and communication open with your consumers, and tell us why exactly it takes so long to maintain your servers.

Thank you. And have a nice day.

They dont have to tell you anyting bc your an comsumer not an costumer. Thats a big different. They can make a maintance for 2 weeks if they wanna do that and they dont need to tell you any about that.
    But srly...whats the big deal? ts just a game and its just a long maintanence....

• rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    lyaise said:

bobby4700 said:

So Zeb if there is no note worthy things on patch . how come a week later "as usual of late " there will patch notes on this maintenance ?

lag
    Thanks for the morning chuckle. :)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2017

I posted this on Twitter and didn't get a response so I'll leave it here. First off, as consumers of your product, we have a right to know why we are being denied access to your product for so long, especially since the last two week's maintenance schedules were rather short in duration compared to today. You don't have a right to hide things from us as we, the consumers, consume your product and are actually puzzled as to why 8 hours is necessary for a simple server shutdown. With something like WoW I could understand, they're working with software from 2005, but unless you're rebuilding the entire game from the ground up or something like that 8 hours without an explanation is ridiculous. Maintaining any MMO server, especially with modern day tech and the amount of manpower an average IT company has, should be nowhere near 8 hours.

So I would ask that you please, to keep a point of understanding and communication open with your consumers, and tell us why exactly it takes so long to maintain your servers.

Thank you. And have a nice day.

I suspect they are working on the main server and do not want to give us any information since information could be used by hackers to attack them.

I am usually the first to complain and rage, but this time i must say I understand that some things we are not supposed to know for the good of the game. As long as there is no ninja nerfs, key gate, rhix nerf, Foundry destruction , Gateway destruction, etc hidden behind the scenes ... that is :)

P.S. I am just sad that it will only come back at 11PM tonight so there goes my chance to do a full invoke and get my AD from dungeons ... thank you again for the brilliant invoke change you did way back that cause me to loose AD now due to maintanance
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• tetesptetesp Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    6.05 pm and still maintenance???
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    This is actually a blessing, I have been wanting to do something else but the damn urge to grind is an addiction which controls me - at least now I have no choice :)

Seriously hope this fixes the issue where Epic Dungeons suddenly seem to merge parties from other instances, had this happen 5 times already recently, what is really annoying is that sometimes we cannot get through the final gate as a disconnected character is still part of the party grrrrr
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I responded ready, twice now that it is the servers' host that is undergoing maintenance.
  • drunkenatheist#5914 drunkenatheist Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Seriously? No explanation whatsoever? I get that you don't 'have' to explain anything but stuff like this leaves a bad taste in gamers mouths. We are the community that supports the existence of the game both by playing and more importantly paying. We don't even need a lengthy in-depth explanation, a couple of bullet points would do.
  • trieper47#8124 trieper47 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    No patch notes huh - cause theres nothing patchable thats happening....

I guess they ninja-nerf using hotfixes and other things - IT terminology I can't be bothered to keep str8 right now.

More QoL adjustments I guess.....

Keep at it folks!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Seriously? No explanation whatsoever? I get that you don't 'have' to explain anything but stuff like this leaves a bad taste in gamers mouths. We are the community that supports the existence of the game both by playing and more importantly paying. We don't even need a lengthy in-depth explanation, a couple of bullet points would do.

Again, for the third time, the servers' host is performing maintenance.

No patch notes huh - cause theres nothing patchable thats happening....

I guess they ninja-nerf using hotfixes and other things - IT terminology I can't be bothered to keep str8 right now.

More QoL adjustments I guess.....

Keep at it folks!

The servers are not undergoing maintenance, it is the host company that provides for Cryptic servers that are.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Lol. I think most people don't fully understand what "Servers" and "Hosts" are, let alone what "[P,S,H,.]aaS" is. Hence, the confusion/frustration w/ a lack of explanation for the downtime. It could be any number of reasons, ranging from software updates, OS upgrades, hardware replacement, to restoring from a backup due to a compromise of the host's infrastructure.

F'n "clouds" mang.

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    You know what I really don't understand?
    WHY there is ever a need for all servers to be taken down for maintenance at all.

Isn't the point of building excessively expensive "mainframe" server racks so that you can safely remove and update server components individually without having to take the whole system down? 'Cause I think it is *cough* every tech company ever does it *cough*.

'Cause either this game's server hosts are blissfully ignorant of a mainframe's ability to migrate I/O and tasks to other Server Racks when taking one or more out for maintenance, or this game's server hosts are using some seriously outdated server models.

Either way; a game with "15 million" players worldwide shouldn't be putting up with generically casual game host providers at all.

Point is, some citation is needed here as to either question one or two.

1) Confirming that this game's server hosts aren't ignorant and do actually have a mainframe server setup, why are we down for maintenance?

2) Confirming that this game's server hosts are ignorant or just have outdated servers why does Neverwinter, a game with "15mil players", use such a host? Are you guys just cheap?
  • drunkenatheist#5914 drunkenatheist Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    zebular said:

Again, for the third time, the servers' host is performing maintenance.

And NOWHERE in the official 'maintenance' post was this explained. Sorry if I ddin't read through all the posts before commenting but I shouldn't have too. Also where are you getting your information?
    > @spideymt said:
    > I posted this on Twitter and didn't get a response so I'll leave it here. First off, as consumers of your product, we have a right to know why we are being denied access to your product for so long, especially since the last two week's maintenance schedules were rather short in duration compared to today. You don't have a right to hide things from us as we, the consumers, consume your product and are actually puzzled as to why 8 hours is necessary for a simple server shutdown. With something like WoW I could understand, they're working with software from 2005, but unless you're rebuilding the entire game from the ground up or something like that 8 hours without an explanation is ridiculous. Maintaining any MMO server, especially with modern day tech and the amount of manpower an average IT company has, should be nowhere near 8 hours.
    >
    >
    >
    > So I would ask that you please, to keep a point of understanding and communication open with your consumers, and tell us why exactly it takes so long to maintain your servers.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you. And have a nice day.
    >
    > They dont have to tell you anyting bc your an comsumer not an costumer. Thats a big different. They can make a maintance for 2 weeks if they wanna do that and they dont need to tell you any about that.
    > But srly...whats the big deal? ts just a game and its just a long maintanence....

There is little difference besides semantics and technicality between a customer and a consumer. A customer buys a product. A consumer consumes a product. 99% percent of the time they are the same person. Where you were expecting to go with this I don't know, but holding business accountable for huge maintenance times like 8 hours is very important to us as customers and consumers or else they will grow much too strong for us little people to deal with.
  • remariusprimeremariusprime Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    An 8 hour maintenance in EU prime that in no way enhances the game.... classy... (not).
    Update I'm in the main menu with play, options, credits, etc. But play is unfortunately greyed out. Basically I've been alotted access to a shard but I can't access my characters, world maps, etc
This discussion has been closed.