test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12 Speculation and Discussion

Comments

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    @hustin1 Well in Mod 11 they talked so much about the Far Realm and how it was such a dangerous place yadda yadda.... I would thoroughly enjoy going into this extremely dangerous realm. I imagine its probably something like the FeyDark.... or maybe worse who knows.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    If done properly, the Far Realm should be far worse than the Feydark, imo. I think Gyrion's lair was supposed to be in the Far Realm, but it was just a small, controlled corner of it.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They could actually add Skullport in the Underdark map as an entry to Undermountain and I would really like to see something based on that. Lord Neverember, scorned by the recent events in Waterdeep, turns to the other (dark?) side and sends the adventurers to Skullport. The goal is to enter the Undermountain and look for treasures and for a dark secret of the Neverember family buried inside the walls of the largest dungeons inthe realms. Fill the dungeons with magic-based monsters, wizards that cast Mordenkainen's disjunction to shut down all buffs and debuffs, deadly traps and effects, ...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    @gabrieldourden If they did that would be cool to see the big guys come in (gangs).

The Fray - Thirteen mages who helped the Fourteenth Skull maintain what was left of the Mantle.
    The Mandible - The most influential gang in town.
    The Reforged Ring - Criminal ring that dealt in slavery.
    The Riverborn - Disorganized group of pirates.

Grabbed this tidbit from the wiki.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    There are several places in NWN 2 that we could see fleshed out:

Port Llast
    Candlekeep
    The Mere of Dead Men
    Crossroad Keep
    Highcliff
    West Harbor
    Thundertree
    Conyberry

And there are places even in Neverwinter itself that are intriguing. For instance, there used to be an Academy of Magic in Upper Blacklake, near Castle Never. It "mysteriously" burned down some years later (*cough* Qara *cough*). Still, there could be many secrets buried there...

postimage
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    What if Makos' soul is stored in plain sight? Maybe aided by Celeste? Wasn't it her idea to build a memorial? I can't remember. Old age is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    hustin1 said:

There are several places in NWN 2 that we could see fleshed out:

Port Llast
    Candlekeep
    The Mere of Dead Men
    Crossroad Keep
    Highcliff
    West Harbor
    Thundertree
    Conyberry

And there are places even in Neverwinter itself that are intriguing. For instance, there used to be an Academy of Magic in Upper Blacklake, near Castle Never. It "mysteriously" burned down some years later (*cough* Qara *cough*). Still, there could be many secrets buried there...

postimage

Would be interesting to see but not sure if it would bring much to the game itself...unless they do it as one of those mini quests like 11.b
    niadan said:

What if Makos' soul is stored in plain sight? Maybe aided by Celeste? Wasn't it her idea to build a memorial? I can't remember. Old age is a HAMSTER.

Hmm, interesting idea. I doubt Celeste would be in on it thought, she seemed genuinely upset and trying to help. Maybe Kavatos? It would help explain his sudden insertion into Neverember's inner circle without it being an AB trick. Kavatos has already shown himself to be quite the secret operator with infiltrating Celeste into Gyrion's camp.
  • tizzocktizzock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    with the stream of annihalation anouncment the devil face in the background is from the tomb of horrors set in greyhawk
    I've been waiting for official Greyhawk support from WotC since the 5E launch. That said though, Tomb of Horrors was converted to 5E and re-released in Tales from the Yawning Portal recently, so that explains the ToH face. This current season is a kinda "retro season". I expect them to get back on the "Time to save the Realms from a world-shattering, existential threat! Again!" bandwagon with the late summer release.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They did quote mr Thomas Foss saying "We are going to a place far away" in the last driftwood tavern stream, so I think @isaintify1 is 100% correct about mod 12 set in the Far Realm
    Elite Whaleboy
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    wilbur626 said:

They did quote mr Thomas Foss saying "We are going to a place far away" in the last driftwood tavern stream, so I think @isaintify1 is 100% correct about mod 12 set in the Far Realm

I can't remember exactly, but wasn't that dungeon with the elder brain set in the far realm. The Illithid* are supposed to come from there and I always assumed where that dungeon was.

*Since the Far Realm was based on Lovecraft and they had the Cthulu look to them.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    One hint that if Makos returns, he might not do so as the friendly Warlock we all liked: at the feast in King Bruenor's throne room (was it the last "quest" of Maze Engine? I think so), didn't Drizzt warn us to keep an eye on Makos...?
    pterias said:

Hmm, interesting idea. I doubt Celeste would be in on it thought, she seemed genuinely upset and trying to help. Maybe Kavatos? It would help explain his sudden insertion into Neverember's inner circle without it being an AB trick. Kavatos has already shown himself to be quite the secret operator with infiltrating Celeste into Gyrion's camp.

Another mage from an actual evil group of mages that pretends to support the heroes and in the end betrays them? Sounds familiar: Kavatos <-> Rath Modar

Despite knowing Cryptic's affinity to re-use stuff, I doubt that they re-use this plot, too.
  • thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Mindflayers, Gith' s Revolt, Dread Vault returns, Psionic Boons...

Just sayin.

Mindflayers, Gith' s Revolt, Dread Vault returns, Psionic Boons...

Just sayin.

Psionic class :smile:

One hint that if Makos returns, he might not do so as the friendly Warlock we all liked: at the feast in King Bruenor's throne room (was it the last "quest" of Maze Engine? I think so), didn't Drizzt warn us to keep an eye on Makos...?

Dude I had 100 and 10 precent forgotten about that! Yeah Makos might not be finished yet then it seems. BUT it could also mean that he thought he was emotionally unstable?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This thread has been an awesome lead up to tomorrow! Can't wait for Thomas to share all the details ^.^
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Dude I had 100 and 10 precent forgotten about that! Yeah Makos might not be finished yet then it seems. BUT it could also mean that he thought he was emotionally unstable?
    Honestly, I thought that was just lampshading that Makos seemed depressed and like he was losing heart, which played out later.

I don't see a betrayal coming from that quarter, but I do think that Makos may have been hiding more plans from everyone, that he knew he'd have to die to fulfill.

True Resurrection doesn't require any earthly remains, only a willing spirit and a powerful enough cleric, so it's not even hopeless that he could come back when he's actually ready.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    @beckylunatic Yeah I personally had a feeling it was because he was depressed and what not, but he does have some sort of plans whether good or bad I guess we will have to wait and see. Would make it far more interesting if he came back and betrayed us. Also Celeste did "join" Gyrion for a while even if it was a double cross, she could be doing a Three-way cross. Something to do with the far realms and maze engine. Eh probably delving to deep into that but would be far more interesting to see some betrayals among the heros of neverwinter.

This thread has been an awesome lead up to tomorrow! Can't wait for Thomas to share all the details ^.^

I will totally be there :smiley: my twitch name is SkyeBlue_DC haha.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Celeste is a beautiful cinnamon bun, too good for this world, too pure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    What if Makos is the Heir of Neverwinter? I mean.. he could touch the crown o.O
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

Wish I could, but I'll be busy playing actual D&D when he's supposed to be on. :smiley: I'll just have to catch the recap around here afterward.

@nitocris83
    Can you tell us if there will be a transcript or recap of the stream here in the forum?
  • thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Look up the name "Ubtao the Deceiver". He is a Primordial who is worshipped in CHULT, associated with Dinosaurs, clerics are called MAZEWALKERS.
    Also Chult apparently has "JUNGLE DRUIDS".

Look up the name "Ubtao the Deceiver". He is a Primordial who is worshipped in CHULT, associated with Dinosaurs, clerics are called MAZEWALKERS.

Also Chult apparently has "JUNGLE DRUIDS".

hmm new class Jungle Druid?? Would be cool to see, but I prefer a Warlord.. XD
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Chult. (I just caught the live stream) Apparently, Rexy from Jurassic Park has a cameo in the trailer...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5