test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing CTA's... where did they go?

aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
I noticed we haven't seen the "Defend the Temple" or "Gate Crashers" CTA events for some time. When I checked the wiki, it shows that "Defend The Temple" hasn't been run since 2015-02-26, and "Gate Crashers" hasn't been run since 2016-02-11... while some CTA's like "Storm Front", and "Battle for the Bridge" have replayed 4 times during the same period.

Part of what makes CTA enjoyable is the variety. Along with that, are the items that drop only in those events. "Defend the Temple" and "Gate Crashers" have some of the coolest and most unique weapon transmutes in the game... and can only be found in those events.

According to the dates on the wiki... "Gate Crashers" has only made 2 appearances in NW since it started. Given the theme of the current module, I would think it would be very appropriate for it to be included. Likewise... "Defend the Temple" has only been seen twice in the game as well.

I would like to see both of these added back into the CTA "Rotation"... they are well done events, with prizes that can only be obtained by running them.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
Play Legit or Quit
PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I like the CTA events, nice transmutes and some much needed change from the grind.

On Xbox, we have never even had "Garrundar the Vile" CTA, and just recently got "Straight to Helm" for the first time, not sure who is scheduling these events, but they need to put some more effort into it.

Meanwhile the "Stormfront" CTA has been run several times, and "Battle for the Bridge" as well...
    (but I like the bridge one due to how quick it is)
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    They did have a servey out not very long ago about all of them perhaps they are making some updates to the loot and anything else they might have see wanted.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    CTA's are a nice AD grind. 2 fast skirmishes. The more toons the more AD.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    One nice thing about the CTAs is that they allowed you to get any achievements you were missing because you leveled too quickly past some content - and missed the skirmishes.

The CTAs solved that....well, almost.

There is one skirmish that has never been offered as a CTA - something I find highly annoying.

That's the drow/drider/spider one - "Defend the village"

So, please, please, can we get that as a CTA - I'm one of those missing the "Arachnophile" title because I made the mistake of leveling up a bit too quickly 4 years ago.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Blacklake Terror and Aberrant Assault are also missing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Hope they revise the series. It was only good for the two daily skirmish completions.​​
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Our live producer, with the input of other team members, sets up the majority of the calendar events. He's usually dealing with the on fire trap-heavy maze that is live environment production so I've made sure he sees this thread. Player feedback on what events are enjoyable or most wanted is always great to have :)
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Dear Live Producer,

If you are reading this.

2xAD.

Ty. :smile:
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    adinosii said:

There is one skirmish that has never been offered as a CTA - something I find highly annoying.

That's the drow/drider/spider one - "Defend the village"

So, please, please, can we get that as a CTA - I'm one of those missing the "Arachnophile" title because I made the mistake of leveling up a bit too quickly 4 years ago.

This! OMG THIS! I'm in the exact same boat and it drives my OCD crazy every time I scan through achievements!!

Please get these skirmishes (Defend the Village, Blacklake Terror, and Aberrant Assault) into CTA form at some point, sooner than later!

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    I might as well add something to this as well.... Add the same changes from dungeon chests to these CTA chests. Will add a LOT more play value. Its been over a year since I actually did a CTA because the rewards become stale copy-cats time and time again.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Dear Live Producer,

If you are reading this.

2xAD.

I second this.
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

I might as well add something to this as well.... Add the same changes from dungeon chests to these CTA chests. Will add a LOT more play value. Its been over a year since I actually did a CTA because the rewards become stale copy-cats time and time again.

Yes please... the chance of getting something good, aside from the weapon transmutes and CTA specific items would be awesome. While you are at it... can you make the transmute drops ACCOUNT BOUND please? It is soooooo annoying to have to run Dread Legion 50 times to get ONE transmute I can use for the character running it... and I have to sell the rest for coppers.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    How about a Dread Vault CTA???

Seriously though, I would love to see Defend the Village, Aberrant Assault and Blacklake Terror as CTAs. I have toons missing all three of them.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Our live producer, with the input of other team members, sets up the majority of the calendar events. He's usually dealing with the on fire trap-heavy maze that is live environment production so I've made sure he sees this thread. Player feedback on what events are enjoyable or most wanted is always great to have :)

For CTAs, I don't understand why it can't just be a set list that rotate in order. There is what - 9 plus SIege and Valindra's Invasion? Have 1 a month, therefore each CTA/Event is run at least once a year. I'm going to get mad if I see that blasted Storm Front CTA of doom again before one of the ones we haven't had on PC for YEARS. (Seriously, would it hurt to run Valindra's invasion at least ONCE?)

vida44 said:

Dear Live Producer,

If you are reading this.

2xAD.

I second this.
    Oh god. Yes. On behalf of my entire guild and Alliance, consider this thirded and beyond.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Yes.. Live producer... please give us DIFFERENT CTA's. There are so many in the game.. and the only we get on a consistent basis is Storm Front???