test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Citadel Guides (OP Guides Index)

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited July 2017 in The Citadel
Well met and welcome to the Oathbound Paladin Guides Index. This thread is here to provide a list of known, up-to-date, and popular Class Guides for the Oathbound Paladin. This thread in particular will list OP Class Guides. It will not list individual General Gameplay Guides. Each Class Forum will have its own Class Guide Index for their respective Class and the General Guides Forum will have its own General Guide Index as well.

Thread Index Frequently Asked Questions:
How to get your Guide Listed?
  • Class (non-general) Guides:
    • To get your Class Guide listed in the appropriate Class Index Sticky, please head to the appropriate Class Forum, post your guide there in a thread, and then reply to that Class' Guide Index with a link and short description of your Class Guide.
  • General (non-class) Guides:
    • To get your General Game Guide listed, all you need to do is post your guide in a thread on our Guides Forum and then reply to the General Guides Index sticky with a link and short description of your General Guide.
What are the Rules, Stipulations, or Expectations for Guides?
  • In order to maintain accuracy, relevance, originality, security, forum Rules & Policies and Guidelines appropriateness, and up-to-date listings, we will not allow the submission of other people's Guides or Guides that are not posted on our forum (no external site guides exept for Googledocs and Wordpress). We may however provide links to other sites that meet our Terms of Service in the "Other Links" section, but we will not link directly to off-site guides themselves in the Guides Indexes.
  • Also, in order to keep your Guide Listed here, we will require each guide to be regularly updated. Generally one update every couple months will suffice, as well as updates following the release of new Modules or other Major and Relevant Gameplay Changes. Guides that are deemed out-of-date will be removed from their respective Guide Index(es) but won't be removed from the forum itself.
  • If your guide gets removed from a Thread Index for being outdated, in order to get it added back, please update your Guide Thread accordingly and then post again to the appropriate Thread Index as stated above in the "How to get your Guide Listed" FAQ listing.
Update on External Links: Posting links to Guides and Builds on Googledocs and Wordpress is fine, but only these two sites at this time are approved. All such posted material will be reviewed before added to the Guide Threads, must not contain links or advertisements to anything that violates our Terms of Service or Rules & Policies and Guidelines or in-game viewable EULA, and will be routinely checked for continued compliance. We won't be issuing warnings over such infractions for first offenses (probably not at all unless its clear the user intentionally will not cooperate), we'll just simply notify the offender that changes need to be made else the guide and links to it on the forums will be taken down from our forum.

Please know that I look through and update each Guide Sticky on a weekly basis. Usually on my first day off for my work week. My work week consists not of Sunday through Saturday, instead it consists of Thursday through Wednesday and my working days can sometimes vary work week to work week.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Oathbound Paladin Guides
    • Gathorne's Guide to Tank/DPS (Debuffadin Build)
      • This build's purpose is to give players a different feel/theme to tanking. This specific build focuses on Massive HP to maximize the survival rate for tanking. You will not be a DPS, but a straight up tank for holding the big baddies off you're team members.

Oathbound Paladin Builds

Other Oathbound Paladin Resources
    Post edited by zebular on
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    it's a good idea!
    but where are the guides?
    and what do the 3 lines with the small red points above mean?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    ilmenira said:

it's a good idea!
    but where are the guides?
    and what do the 3 lines with the small red points above mean?

Folks need to submit their guides to get them listed here. The dots are coding placeholders for bullet lists (see the GF list for an example in use).

• ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    ah, ok, i see! thank you! :-)
  • alastor#1759 alastor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    A bit sad to find it empty ^^

Anyway, I'm starting an OP since I always loved playing Paladins. I'll be mostly playing solo and find PuGs and I'm wondering which of the specs is more requested and rewarding to play (note that I would love to play both).
  • veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I believe the following 2 guides should be the standard guides for running protection/devotion as of Mod 11B, I know both guides are updated and follow the above criteria, thus am requesting and nomination that they be put in the above section.

Protection Paladin by @michaelrn1982 - A good guide, with good fedback below.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1227654/gathornes-debuffadin-formally-shadowknight

Devotion Paladin by @veywiil#8685 - Good numbers and explanation of how and why the build works.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1230619/burnadin-the-dps-healadin

Post edited by veywiil#8685 on
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • kynctx#2453 kynctx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Would like to know a good leveling build. Being able to know which skills to focus on buildi g and or not using.
  • alastor#1759 alastor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Would like to know a good leveling build. Being able to know which skills to focus on buildi g and or not using.

I used a tanking spec focusing on HP, defense and hp/power enchants and I've slammed all the content I faced. Especially once you get the Protection path, Templar's Wrath makes you unkillable (get a healer companion and you're done).

Edit: encounters I used are TW, Burning Light, Sacred Weapon switching the second for Smite in dungeons and bosses. At wills are of your liking, Dailies are Divine Judgement and Lay on Hands (I'm at 61 now).

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

I believe the following 2 guides should be the standard guides for running protection/devotion as of Mod 11B, I know both guides are updated and follow the above criteria, thus am requesting and nomination that they be put in the above section.

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1227654/gathornes-debuffadin-formally-shadowknight

Devotion Paladin by @veywiil#8685 - Good numbers and explanation of how and why the build works.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1230619/burnadin-the-dps-healadin

michaelrn's guide isn't the standard for prot pallies as he goes into Bulwark and doesn't take powersharing - also some of his feat choices are non-standard. I've had a look through the list as I thought one of our regulars had a more standard build but I can't see it now. I'm tempted to write one to fill the gap but I always swore to myself that I'd wait til I got my character to where I want him. (Currently all r11's, rings need changing and I'm waiting for next mod to get the masterworks armor).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Let's refrain from devaluing other builds if you have not tested it yourself. Powershare is only one attribute available to those who go into the Light tree. I do not believe a "Standard" build is the only way to go in this game. Again, note the focus of the current build is to Tank and debuff, not to DPS and buff.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Apologies if it sounded that way, that wasn't my intention.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I think one of the strengths of the paladin class is that it is capable of supporting non-traditional builds. Probably more than any other class, it encourages out of the box thinking on new and divergent builds.
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I have to agree with armadeonx, I've looked at that guide and a lot of things are far from optimal and is only ideal for someone starting out but hats off to him, i attempted to write my own pally guide too based off my loadout but gave it up as a bad job after the first paragraph.

Explaining the reasons why to every choice and decision in a build is very tedious with little to no reward other than a headache and people like us judging it.

But with all that been said we (pallys) do need a decent solid guide so new people coming up the ranks can understand how our class works like the GWF/SW indepth guides since if balanced properly you can be a monster of a tank with a byproduct of decent supplementary damage and healing.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin

Added both, thanks!

• mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I have included my Mod 11 (Balanced) Dark OP build. Why Dark? He is chaotic neutral and does not always do exactly what a melt team wants. ;) Too much old school 1980s D&D in me. I like to play based on alignments.

It is built to solo, pve (personal dps style or team tank/buff style if they are really needing it), or pvp with a quick change of companions, equip and powers. Just let me know if you have questions. It is not meant to be the ultimate BIS but it is a solid end game build that can do any solo activity or difficult team content. Hope this answers some of those newer OPs who are looking for an end game build.

If you have any comments please let me know.
    I am always in learning mode ;) (Quick note ahead of watching, No I am not using relic equip (I hate farming vonin and marks and yes I am working on increasing my crit strike and lowering my armor pen just slightly) One mistake on the video, I mentioned my dragonflight gave me defense as the bonus vice hitpoints. Just didnt want to go back and edit, noticed after upload ;p ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3N06S3cKU
  • valon79#4291 valon79 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    do u have any updates to the vid? idk if there where, any changes in game that ypu have made changes?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    [Reference] Aura of Courage - A quick guide that demonstrates Aura of Courage mechanics with combat log proof.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231530/reference-aura-of-courage/p1

I have included my Mod 11 (Balanced) Dark OP build. Why Dark? He is chaotic neutral and does not always do exactly what a melt team wants. ;) Too much old school 1980s D&D in me. I like to play based on alignments.

It is built to solo, pve (personal dps style or team tank/buff style if they are really needing it), or pvp with a quick change of companions, equip and powers. Just let me know if you have questions. It is not meant to be the ultimate BIS but it is a solid end game build that can do any solo activity or difficult team content. Hope this answers some of those newer OPs who are looking for an end game build.

If you have any comments please let me know.
    I am always in learning mode ;) (Quick note ahead of watching, No I am not using relic equip (I hate farming vonin and marks and yes I am working on increasing my crit strike and lowering my armor pen just slightly) One mistake on the video, I mentioned my dragonflight gave me defense as the bonus vice hitpoints. Just didnt want to go back and edit, noticed after upload ;p ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3N06S3cKU

dupeks said:

[Reference] Aura of Courage - A quick guide that demonstrates Aura of Courage mechanics with combat log proof.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231530/reference-aura-of-courage/p1

Added, thanks!
  • darkjanne12darkjanne12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello. I want to ask. Is it possible to solo dungeons as a Oathbound Paladin? I know its wrong thread to ask this. Just being novice / noob here :)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Hello. I want to ask. Is it possible to solo dungeons as a Oathbound Paladin? I know its wrong thread to ask this. Just being novice / noob here :)

If you're asking about leveling and intermediate level dungeons - Yes for both paragon paths, though it might take some time and the lengths may vary depending dungeon on which loadout you run them with. Advanced Queue and above, only seen them done as well built Prots for FBI and mSPC but they will take a LONG time. ToNG and CR - I would say no as the boss mechanics requires strong team play.

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • darkjanne12darkjanne12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @majorcharvenak said:
    > Hello. I want to ask. Is it possible to solo dungeons as a Oathbound Paladin? I know its wrong thread to ask this. Just being novice / noob here :)
    >
    > If you're asking about leveling and intermediate level dungeons - Yes for both paragon paths, though it might take some time and the lengths may vary depending dungeon on which loadout you run them with. Advanced Queue and above, only seen them done as well built Prots for FBI and mSPC but they will take a LONG time. ToNG and CR - I would say no as the boss mechanics requires strong team play.

Okey thx :). FBI? mSPC? Sorry i'm not familiar for those terms :( Is there any thread for terminology?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

> @majorcharvenak said:

> Hello. I want to ask. Is it possible to solo dungeons as a Oathbound Paladin? I know its wrong thread to ask this. Just being novice / noob here :)

>

> If you're asking about leveling and intermediate level dungeons - Yes for both paragon paths, though it might take some time and the lengths may vary depending dungeon on which loadout you run them with. Advanced Queue and above, only seen them done as well built Prots for FBI and mSPC but they will take a LONG time. ToNG and CR - I would say no as the boss mechanics requires strong team play.

Okey thx :). FBI? mSPC? Sorry i'm not familiar for those terms :( Is there any thread for terminology?

Those are abbreviations for FangBreaker Island and Master Spellplague Caverns.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • robert77#4247 robert77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Information will be useful, thanks