test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Razer: Get Paid to Play Program

putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
May get merged, but couldnt find a topic for this article from @strumslinger

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10485833-razer%3A-get-paid-to-play-program

"six zSilver for every minute of Neverwinter you play"

the razer website says "Earn three zSilver every minute (up to a total of 900 zSilver per day)"

Testing it now, I'm seeing 3. Article needs to be fixed or someone needs to notify razer. Something don't add up

Comments

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This type of thing comfuses me do they not want us to use arc anymore?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    roadki11ukroadki11uk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Not seeing how to start NW from Cortex - there is nothing in Apps.
  • Options
    mynaam said:

Its a promotion to attract new players, but one you can take advantage of ;)

Under game -> my library you can scan your computer for existing game. you can also manually add games
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I tried getting this to work but no matter what it would not detect Neverwinter. Lame. It detected everything else except the game I want to use. /sigh

Uninstalled.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

mynaam said:

Its a promotion to attract new players, but one you can take advantage of ;)

Under game -> my library you can scan your computer for existing game. you can also manually add games
    I was able to manually add it. But you do not earn anything with manually added games. It has to detect it.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    i manually added mine and it worked. points didn't show up until i exited NW though
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Can zSilver be converted to Zen? I don't really need yet another virtual currency....
  • Options
    no it can't be converted to zen. It can be used to buy or get discounts on (incase your impatient) on razer gear. Includes headset, mice, keyboard, laptop bags, laptops, and other peripherals. In the article is a link to the item list. Note you can only make 900 zsilver a day by playing neverwinter (there are other methods to extend your daily earnings).
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    i was a beta user of the new razor cortex been racking up the silver coins and got gold for trying it out :smile:
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Installed and works just fine for me... just nothing except maybe the cup that I'd want... arc rewards are better.. at least I can trade those for zen
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Article was updated, apologies for the miscommunication!
  • Options
    thanks... of course updating the razer program to give 6 would be nicer :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    So here is the "paid to play" razor promotion in a nut shell:
    1.You download some spyware to your computer
    2.You play while spyware is running games that it detect, NW being one of them.
    3.You get credited 3 spyware companies (razer gear) virtual currency per minute of play
    4.You cap out per day @ 900 of the currency (5 hr per day of play) starting to sound like a job?
    5.You trade in the virtual currency for logo-ed items, the low end items (a week to a month of "play"(work) are virtual coupons good for 5-15% off the real world currency ($) of other logo-ed.
    6.You trade in virtual currency from spyware company (razer gear) in bigger blocks (6 months+ of every day work (erm play) 5hr day) to get things like mouse pads/cups etc. with spyware companies logo on it.

Wow, gunna run out and install that spyware......NOT, I already have a job, for which I get better than sub-minimum wage virtual currency/ With that cash I could just BUY the HAMSTER at full price far more effectively.

Not a "promotion" for me thanks, I will pass on the spyware and second job thanks. But maybe it's for you..GL with that!
  • Options
    angry much? Noone says you have to play 5 hours a day, basically keep playing the way you play with using the razer app as a launcher instead of arcclient or steam. And if you are using arcclient or steam.

As for the rant on spyware, NW is potential spyware, the only escape from spyware is to disconnect from the internet. Welcome to the cyber-age.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    that why the nw forum identify my post in here withouth the actual page verify if im logged in forum or not lol, which im not looged in right now, @nitocris83 can u tell me how am i posting here if the top of the page still ask to sign in in here?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@nitocris83 can u tell me how am i posting here if the top of the page still ask to sign in in here?

Why would she tell you? She's not tech support.

If you care that much, submit a ticket.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

@nitocris83 can u tell me how am i posting here if the top of the page still ask to sign in in here?

Lol she'd probably be as confused as arcanjo. And don't even get started on how support would tell you that your computer is too old to run Vanilla forums and there is nothing they can do.

@arcanjo86 the forum frame caches credentials separately from the Arc account overlay/widget thing. They both use the same account, but it's a known issue that Arc can sign out while the forum remains signed in (letting you post etc.)

It has to do with how the forums are designed (kind of like a plug-in app inside the Arcgames website), and how the forums can get out-of-sync with the Arcames site. This type of issue is likely the fault of Arc-Vanilla integration and has very little to do with Neverwinter, the NWO community, or moderators here.

Besides, it doesn't really cause too many problems. Just sign in and put in your Arc Defender pin (which might not "remember this machine" very long... also another known issue).
  • Options
    dupeks said:

litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

Lol she'd probably be as confused as arcanjo. And don't even get started on how support would tell you that your computer is too old to run Vanilla forums and there is nothing they can do.

@arcanjo86 the forum frame caches credentials separately from the Arc account overlay/widget thing. They both use the same account, but it's a known issue that Arc can sign out while the forum remains signed in (letting you post etc.)

It has to do with how the forums are designed (kind of like a plug-in app inside the Arcgames website), and how the forums can get out-of-sync with the Arcames site. This type of issue is likely the fault of Arc-Vanilla integration and has very little to do with Neverwinter, the NWO community, or moderators here.

Besides, it doesn't really cause too many problems. Just sign in and put in your Arc Defender pin (which might not "remember this machine" very long... also another known issue).

I was going to say this, but had to deal with a run by fruiting. :tongue:

• Options
    danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    mynaam said:

We can't do anything with it anyway. Only a few selected countries can benefit from the service. South Africa not one of them.
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    The game optimization thing seems worth doing honestly. So far thumbs up.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @dupeks ty for the info
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

In my expeience on tech support is they send you an email telling you to ask on the forums. This has happened to me numorous times
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    mynaam said:

litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

In my expeience on tech support is they send you an email telling you to ask on the forums. This has happened to me numorous times
    ARC client Support, not game support.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I swear some people could wake up in the morning with a free car in the driveway, and complain that it was the wrong color.
  • Options
    akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    As long as you have cortex running you can start Neverwinter from arc and gain those zSilvers.
  • Options
    so after doing this program since may i finally got enough points for the headset i wanted... this morning my razer account was missing server side. Spent two hours troubleshooting it with no resolution. Hoping weekday support is... better
  • Options
    anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Thanks for the necro, I wasn't aware that neverwinter gave zSilver. I hope it still works.
  • Options
    it doesn't give silver atm, they changed the system to be 5 games of the month. 3 appointed by Razer, 2 elected by the players. Since the system changed Neverwinter hasn't qualified.
  • Options
    anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    ahh ok waste of time then, not like Im going to play other games just to get the worthless zsilver...

Besides, I just checked the vote and its not even a player choice. you get to vote from a very short list that they provide.