test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beholder Tank Bug

xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
Every couple runs of AW I have no option to focus the beholder Tank. It wouldn't be a problem, except I've been farming it religiously for a chance at a legendary mount and every glitched beholder is a wasted run.

Comments

• depa420#7762 depa420 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I agree I'm having the same issue I've done about 300 runs guessing on the low end and about 75-100 of them there is nothing with the beholder the focus just doesn't show at all.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    That was the same issue from the last time this event happened
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• shaynthevillain#6061 shaynthevillain Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same here
  • xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Gah this event is so bugged!! Now I'm starting to notice mobs are spawning behind the closed door during the lever phase. If there happens to be a lever by the door we have to abandon because it puts us in combat so we can't use the lever!

Also the mobs are aggroing companions so you can't use the door until the person with aggro runs to the other end of the arena.

Literally all I want is a fair chance at a legendary mount. If I focus and don't get it oh well but it's very demoralizing to put time into farming the instance and not even get the chance to focus the tank.

Done for the day.

Total: 34 glitched runs with no "focus" option.

• depa420#7762 depa420 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    > @xinexix said:
    > Gah this event is so bugged!! Now I'm starting to notice mobs are spawning behind the closed door during the lever phase. If there happens to be a lever by the door we have to abandon because it puts us in combat so we can't use the lever!

You do not have to abandon you can swing thru the door and hit it plus if you have a companion out it will pop up on the other side of the door and fight the guy in there. Just FYI it's happened alot to me also. I doubt anything will be done about any of this anyway now I'm basically just farming brutals....
    @depa420#7762 Yeah I've come to the same conclusion. I'm just farming enchants as well.

• ymrymr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same thing keeps happening to me. I have been farming this thing for the last day and a half basically straight. About one in four times I just can't focus on the beholder. I get the item being rare but someone who tries over a hundred times is not the average
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Just ran into this bug. After I restarted the game app it went away. For how long I'm unsure but will post an update.

Update: I literally did 1 queue after closing the game and restarting and then it bugged again on the second queue.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    It's a new day and after 5 queues and 4 of them being placed in match not in a group I am no longer able to focus on beholder again. Never had an issue with grouping in queue before until today. I've been doing some reading of old threads and google searches and seems like these bugs existed last time this even came around. So what gives? I know it's the weekend but I hope someone is working on this. Almost makes this event pointless to play now.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • libra61682libra61682 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    getting the same problem can't focus on the beholder. Is anything being done about this
    It's exactly 1 out of 4 runs for me. Im doing the exact same thing every time as well, so there's no reason i should have so many wasted runs. I dont know who to tell about this either because none of the multitude of forum posts or reddit threads have been answered. Not even the generic "we're looking into it".

Some of us have been running artificers workshop non stop since it came out. Im not talking about a couple runs here and there. Im talking about hundreds even thousands of runs in order to improve our chances for a legendary mount. It's just simply not fair that we run this thing and don't even get the chance to focus the beholder for a chance to get a mount.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    xinexix said:

It's exactly 1 out of 4 runs for me. Im doing the exact same thing every time as well, so there's no reason i should have so many wasted runs. I dont know who to tell about this either because none of the multitude of forum posts or reddit threads have been answered. Not even the generic "we're looking into it".

Some of us have been running artificers workshop non stop since it came out. Im not talking about a couple runs here and there. Im talking about hundreds even thousands of runs in order to improve our chances for a legendary mount. It's just simply not fair that we run this thing and don't even get the chance to focus the beholder for a chance to get a mount.

Without being able to reproduce the bug 100% of the time, the devs are unable to find what the exact problem is to fix it. There are several theories floating around as to what causes it, but nothing definite enough for the devs to work with.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • shaynthevillain#6061 shaynthevillain Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Cool so does this mean we are farming this for no reason? The drop rates are already ridiculous. Now they're worse and there is no solution or appeasement being offered?

I love this game and have been playing since it was first released on PS4. I really want to believe you guys care about the players but it's becoming increasingly hard to convince myself of this.
  • damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    xinexix said:

Gah this event is so bugged!! Now I'm starting to notice mobs are spawning behind the closed door during the lever phase. If there happens to be a lever by the door we have to abandon because it puts us in combat so we can't use the lever!

Also the mobs are aggroing companions so you can't use the door until the person with aggro runs to the other end of the arena.

Literally all I want is a fair chance at a legendary mount. If I focus and don't get it oh well but it's very demoralizing to put time into farming the instance and not even get the chance to focus the tank.

happens to me almost all the time ( 98% ) i just chose "Defeat me" to take the focus ( agro ) off me return slowly and hit the door... hard to do with a tank but not impossible
  • damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

xinexix said:

Without being able to reproduce the bug 100% of the time, the devs are unable to find what the exact problem is to fix it. There are several theories floating around as to what causes it, but nothing definite enough for the devs to work with.
    maybe the devs can create an account and spend some time running it for lets say 3 hours and have there handy dandy toolbox ready to pilfer the codes causing the issue and maybe just maybe fix the issue... as long as we have a certified monkey doing the work... hamsters not allowed..
  • rendezvous420#3144 rendezvous420 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

kreatyve said:

xinexix said:

maybe the devs can create an account and spend some time running it for lets say 3 hours and have there handy dandy toolbox ready to pilfer the codes causing the issue and maybe just maybe fix the issue... as long as we have a certified monkey doing the work... hamsters not allowed..
    Oh no that would be asking terribly for far too much since they're still handling bugs/glitches from previous DLC months ago.. Maybe if we said pretty please with sugar on top rolled in salt.

• thesilence#0745 thesilence Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    God I hate this bug. Ran the instance multiple time over 6 hours straight and got it 7 times. Who knows if one of those times was the time I could have got the tank.
  • rendezvous420#3144 rendezvous420 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

God I hate this bug. Ran the instance multiple time over 6 hours straight and got it 7 times. Who knows if one of those times was the time I could have got the tank.

I've grinded beholder in workshop on portobello's event last time it was held to not even consider bothering with it anymore.. Cool mount though.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Latest rumor I'm hearing (not confirmed at all) is that there is a cooldown on how often you can focus your attention on the beholder. If anyone would like to test that theory, have at it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thesilence#0745 thesilence Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Latest rumor I'm hearing (not confirmed at all) is that there is a cooldown on how often you can focus your attention on the beholder. If anyone would like to test that theory, have at it.

Dont think there is a cooldown as I couldnt focus on the tank 3 times in a row yesterday morning.
  • nekogaming#3268 nekogaming Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > It's exactly 1 out of 4 runs for me. Im doing the exact same thing every time as well, so there's no reason i should have so many wasted runs. I dont know who to tell about this either because none of the multitude of forum posts or reddit threads have been answered. Not even the generic "we're looking into it".
    >
    >
    >
    > Some of us have been running artificers workshop non stop since it came out. Im not talking about a couple runs here and there. Im talking about hundreds even thousands of runs in order to improve our chances for a legendary mount. It's just simply not fair that we run this thing and don't even get the chance to focus the beholder for a chance to get a mount.
    >
    > Without being able to reproduce the bug 100% of the time, the devs are unable to find what the exact problem is to fix it. There are several theories floating around as to what causes it, but nothing definite enough for the devs to work with.

Truthfully that is getting old. The old developer run around where u go we cannot recreate the bug consistently to work with. When I can get any friend or guild member to farm it on ps4 for an hour and rage about the bug, about not even being able to even click on the tank. Did 22 runs today and 13 times I couldn't even click on the beholder tank. I even still received bug after even restarting ps4. Oh boy 30 day event 30 plus hours of farming for something that even know I did most of the work and did most of the work I can't even click on the prize.
  • dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Last three runs before it closed and couldnt focus on any of them just because it doesnt happen all the time doesnt mean it doesnt happen at all I have done 300+ plus runs on 5 chracters and all have been in runs where the tank was won by the same person something is going badly wrong at the minute with rng (same person winning a legendary every day for the last 2 months) and yet CS refuse to accept it or even talk about it and thats what drives people like myself crazy.
    Yup.. maybe it'll be fixed by next year.