test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Build ?

ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody had a good pvp build for a protec Pally.
Been playing for quite some time now, but I am not really sure I did find the "best" build for pvp.
Please, it's not about get tena or this kind of advice I am looking for , because tena is not my problem here ;)
Just... well... build... I'd like to know what good pvp pallies could tell me about their build :)
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Check out my build. I run it in PVP and quite often find myself on the long term standing side.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I can't see the pictures of your feats, though :)
  • michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Should be corrected now.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Thats just it. In an equal environment, bis vs bis, the paladin is not that useful. A smoke spamming TR is more usefull, a push wizard is more useful, a dc is more useful, a gf is more useful..etc etc. PVP is usually cc heavy and the pal falls short with no immediate cc abilities and no cc resist (Heroism activates so slow, u will be cced 10 times while trying to cast). The one thing we can do is survive but that doesn't win matches.
    Well i understand you point, and I just cane back on pvp lately so just got myself 2 piece of Prestige set.
    It seems our role is, as before, to defend the node and keep enemies busy on us.
    I don't see any problem in TR so far, considering we can get ou of cc quite easily with Cleansing Touch. Yes, the chain smoke/stun is upsetting, but at the end, the TR can;t kill us.
    To be honest, my only fear is HR... they just rip me apart, no matter what I try (feats, boons, power, etc...)
    I was just wondering if some high end pvp player would have any tips, on build or on gear. That was the purpose of my post :)
    For example, I see quite a lot of pallies running pvp with Brigandine on them... And I was asking myself if the 50k HP bonus is better than the tena stats on Prestige set.
    That is the kind of advices I am looking for :)
  • bullrathbullrath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Like what waywardwizerd said your gonna die before u can defend anything unless your fighting people who cant burst or cc u right away , Yes i would run Brigandine for the HP u will Survive longer, also cleansing Touch dosent work on a Courage Breaker so rip.... good luck man :)
    I tend to disagree
    bullrath said:

Like what waywardwizerd said your gonna die before u can defend anything unless your fighting people who cant burst or cc u right away

I tend to disagree with you on that ^^
    Except HR, I don't see anybody able to kill us.
    And I am, even with my medium gear, surviving most of the time against 3 or 4 enemies...
    I can't dps HAMSTER ofc but still, defensively, I think we still have our place. And we still gives quite a nice power buff too.
    And even our bubble, at the start of the match, is a nice burst of confidence to try to get node#2