test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12 Speculation and Discussion

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well... ever since the end of the Underdark story.. with Vizeran being banished and all... Makos was acting very odd. And his death... hmmm... seems a little too convenient.... I think there is more going with Makos.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Well... ever since the end of the Underdark story.. with Vizeran being banished and all... Makos was acting very odd. And his death... hmmm... seems a little too convenient.... I think there is more going with Makos.

Maybe Makos is not 'dead dead' after all. I mean Xuna is really hung up on the fact that he died and she has this hunch that he's not gone forever.

I really think this Necromancer that showed up in 11.b might be a key to the next mod. Hmm.. What if something else has Mako's soul that's not letting him get resurrected?!
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Waterdeep is closer than Icewind Dale. Lord Neverember is a Lord of Waterdeep. He can go home to get some cash, cuz he is broke.

Neverember wont go back to Waterdeep. He isnt very welcome there anymore. The masked lords ousted him and elected a new open lord. He was exiled and replaced with Laeral Silverhand during the Tyranny of Dragons crisis.
  • yarddog27yarddog27 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Someday it would be fun to see another Salvatore questline, bringing Cadderly and the Edificant Library into the mix
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User

Maybe Makos is not 'dead dead' after all. I mean Xuna is really hung up on the fact that he died and she has this hunch that he's not gone forever.

I really think this Necromancer that showed up in 11.b might be a key to the next mod. Hmm.. What if something else has Mako's soul that's not letting him get resurrected?!
    ^^ this right here.

While maybe not this mod, we will see Makos back in some form or fashion.

It may be he and Valindra are locked in an embrace.. ermm.. mortal combat between the living and the dead, forever casting spells into the Void.

jus' sayin'

B)
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    baeyorn said:

^^ this right here.

While maybe not this mod, we will see Makos back in some form or fashion.

It may be he and Valindra are locked in an embrace.. ermm.. mortal combat between the living and the dead, forever casting spells into the Void.

jus' sayin'

B)
    Yo what would be a crazy plot twist is if Makos was res'd by a lich and turned evil and he became a villian to fight as a Boss
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I have a hunch he may have turned himself into a (good) lich and is waiting for the proper time to reintroduce himself. One of the old-school approaches to lichdom include preparing a phylactery and performing the ritual. A part (all?) of your soul then enters phylactery, but you are still "alive" after that. Then, whenever you die, you eventually form/take a new body and emerge from the phylactery as a lich. It could also help explain his exhaustion and tiredness, he was basically walking around without a (whole?) soul. It would also be a dandy way to cheat an infernal warlock patron out of your immortal soul. :smiley:

He knew he was gonna die soon and was possibly planning on it. His change of tone was suspiciously sudden. Something specific prompted it and what that was has never been revealed. I also assume his last words were going to be something like "Tell Celeste... don't try to bring me back.", and optionally "I've already got it covered."

On a different note, Gyrion and crew were certain that something catastrophic was coming. It's a shame he had to go, Gyrion was one of the few bad guys in NW I wish could have been redeemed. I'm sure this looming doom will definitely be explored, but I'm not thinking in the very next module. It may well be the same thing Vizeran's projection was talking about. *cough*elderelementaleye*cough*

Also, is it just me, or does trusting an Arcane Brotherhood wizard to be the court wizard of Neverwinter seem like A Really Bad Idea (tm)? Like, seriously. I mean, Valindra started out there. The villain of the latest mod was from there. I'm no FR lore scholar, but I'm under the impression that most of the really bad wizards in the Realms were/are either Thayan, Netherese, Arcane Brotherhood, or Manshoon.

Hmm, I just thought of a new idea for a storyline. Arcane Brotherhood tries to take the Sword Coast. I could imagine a good archlich being a nice thing to have on your side for that...
    To tell you the truth.. I never thought of the "lich" scenario for Makos... it is intriguing to be sure :)

But, something else that also gets me thinking is that during the Maze Engine campaign there was something "not right" with him. And then at the end with the defeat of Vizeron, he "keeps" the Maze Engine? I don't know.. but something definitely smells fishy in Blacklake.

Then there was that interlude at the beginning of Storm King's thunder, where you and Xuna are waiting for him in Rothe Valley.
    Hmmm... that was just after the Maze Engine and we defeated a drow wizard and capture a powerful artifact, and then he gets delayed while waiting for him in a drow entrenched area?

And yes... i do have a lifetime supply of tinfoils hats :p
    @pterias Yeah I have honestly never trusted the Arcane Brotherhood they always seemed very secretive, not to mention Kavatos kinda just appeared out of nowhere and got to be the court wizard very quickly. He also knew about Gyrion and his attempts to steal the crown I figure. Hence why he was so inclined to check the runes and make sure it was safe.. But what gets me is that they all gave up very quickly on getting the crown which is suspicious on its own.

@rifter1969 Yeah it was obvious that he was not himself in the Maze Engine, and that he seemed to be tired. I also do not think that he would just do what he did in FBI. No one truly wants to die no matter who you are, so he must be knowing he will come back at some point for some purpose that he is aware of. Good or Evil I feel like he will return.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Here is a plotline I don't want to see*: Lukan has been a genius evil mastermind this whole time.

*Unless someone wrote it extremely well so that I could buy into it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There are two things I would like to see in Mod12.

One is proper testing. One problem with recent campaigns was that the time provided to test them was too short. Sure, there have been workarounds, like special tokens that allowed people to get through the campaign faster but to properly test things you need to test every step. that would mean getting access earlier in development, which introduces several other problems instead. I would, however, suggest using something like the "NW M9 Playtest" closed group you had for Mod9. After all, I think players feel more motivated to test things if they see them selves as a part of c closed "special" test group.

Second thing I would like is to have something that makes me want to go back to the campaign after I am done with it. I am 100% finished with every campaign (except the PvP one - I don't do PvP), but I still go back regularly to Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD and Underdark just for the weekly quests. There is nothing that drags me back regularly to SoMI or the River District now - nothing worth doing there.

There is third thing I would have liked to see in M12, and that is the new class you were originally planning to introduce there, but I understand that got delayed.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Old Lenn has trapped Mako's soul for use in a ritual to free Rohini from where Asmodeus imprisoned after discovering that she wasn't actually a devil but an unaligned Fiend. The heroes are tipped off when they recieve a message from Old Jerry, later revealed to be Lukan's illegitimate son.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I was worried Old Len might have died, but his lighthouse is the only one not smashed into kindling, so I hope he just retired somewhere less fraught with peril.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    pitshade said:

Old Lenn has trapped Mako's soul for use in a ritual to free Rohini from where Asmodeus imprisoned after discovering that she wasn't actually a devil but an unaligned Fiend. The heroes are tipped off when they recieve a message from Old Jerry, later revealed to be Lukan's illegitimate son.

I had forgotten about them haha XD. I doubt we will ever seen them in any future module but eh would be pretty fun.. Module 12 Rise of Retirement!

I was worried Old Len might have died, but his lighthouse is the only one not smashed into kindling, so I hope he just retired somewhere less fraught with peril.

He complained much about his 'Rickets' if I remember correctly.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

I thought it was his lombago? :)

You're right! He was always complaining lol. I really liked that NPC because he seemed like an interesting guy.
    --

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    wow, no one else ever say anything about vampires might be around for mod 12 or mod 13?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    wylonus said:

wow, no one else ever say anything about vampires might be around for mod 12 or mod 13?

I honestly hope not. I don't want to see the game become Twilight online. It would also be impossible to balance, especially for a game without any kind of day/night cycle.
    wylonus said:

Yeah I am not a personal fan of the whole vampire aspect... but we have seen very little of it so maybe there is a chance?

You're right! He was always complaining lol. I really liked that NPC because he seemed like an interesting guy.
    Yes, he was amusing :)
    And don't forget Pwent is a vampire too.

If we are doing vampires.. I wouldn't mind a trip to Ravenloft :)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not just onions, get garlic too
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I reality like a Egyptian/Greek mods...juz saying!
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

I reality like a Egyptian/Greek mods...juz saying!

While I don't necessarily think Cryptic could go that route given the setting, I do think they could (if WoTC had a main campaign tie) instead develop a future mod that moves endgame to the outer planes. Maybe providing an assist to Arboria by way of Sharandar, or pushing into the Abyss by way of the underdark campaign or the hells by way of either Dread Ring or the Well of Dragons. Taking a fight to an evil god's aspect (not the main deity but a powerful aspect) would be powerful challenge to endgame players. Just a thought.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It would be nice to see the implementation of a new race and class. The Player's Handbook base races and classes are still not entirely represented, it would be nice to move a step closer in that respect.
    In terms of story, there are many loose ends, the Stream of Annihilation will likely establish which loose end gets tied into. It could even tie several loose ends together into a massive conspiracy. It's entirely likely that the Module 12 concept will be revealed during the event on June 2.
    There could be some finality in terms of underappreciated game features, or there could be some progress in addressing the issues that have caused those features to be underappreciated, current status of those features would seem to be leaning towards the former.
    Needless to say, there'll be enough to speculate about for some time and then the process will repeat with continuing modules like it has in the past. The only folks who know for sure have signed NDA's... ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    We also have no concept of what the Feydark is like. All we have is a cryptic lore entry about how it comes near the surface and its denizens "boil up" from it. I tried a stab at it in my Foundry quest, but it seems that there is some adventuring potential there. It's possible that we might venture into that beast someday.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured