test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bondings to rank 12, tips?

Hello, im a professional nub at this game.

So, Im a GWF, with the Fire Archon pet, finally gotten him to legendary quality, for the bonus 15%, loving it...
but Im failing in the terms of bonding, I have 1 rank 9 2 rank 8's... on him, :(

I notice everyone and there grandpa has rank 11's 12's... Im not exactly the richest person on the game so I cant just out-right buy a rank 12, ((God I wish I could or find one in my mailbox))

Can anyone provide some advice on getting my ranks up to atleast 10? Anything would help... what to feed the bondings, where to aquire bondings cheaply ((Im guessing only luck from the strongbox's))

I know this isnt apart of the main topic, but what other pets are good for a GWF?

Comments

• xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Bondings are fairly easy to level up during double rp... Which will begin on the 25th. Buy rank 8s when you can find them under 125k. Take your 2 r8s and make a r9 (1 r8 will be destroyed) then take your now 2 r9s and make them into a 10. Your going to need 8 more r8s to create 2 more r10s. At r10 you stop using enchantments as upgrade materials so you only will need rp and superior marks.

The best way I've found to farm rp is to equip 1qm, 1 or 2 fb, and 1 dh enchantments + wanderers fortune and farm events such as the one that's going on currently. You should be farming a legendary mount anyways so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone

• chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Best thing to do is farm everything that gives you enchantments during x2 enchantments and runes. Save all those till x2 rp. Keep searching in auction house for cheap enchantments people post under priced and save those too till x2 rp.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Also, remember that a rank 6 has x4 the rp of a r5 and a r7 has 4x that of a 6 - so a r7 has x16 the rp value of a r5.

Check prices and see which has the lowest rp to ad value.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thaum stones. Here's how:
    Goto sharandar. Get main quest, then goto every zone and get all quest (except mini dungeons). ,Don't do them.
    Run Celedine (get that quest), and of coarse do weekly if available.

Next day, goto each zone, get all the quest. Should have a bunch of sharandar quests.. Do them all (except mini dungeon, pick one) turn in and get stones.
    This way is a very efficiant way to do sharandar, a few of them will be completed just by doing other quests.. And other players will not have half the quest you have so.. Yeah, winning!
    Pile up till 2x RF
  • vojo#1855 vojo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    1 week farming Sharandar dailys is aprox 210,000 RP give or take. Stack an dump on x2 RP event and win
    Pewpew, CW 70 » HoF · Buffage «
    Guild - Vikings of Norway - PS4
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Just curious.
    You say you are low on ad, how did you managed to get your archon to legendary ?
    It's better to have a blue archon with r11 or r12 than a legendary one with r8 or r9.
    You did this the wrong way imho.

And to answer your initial question.

You need
    - a mount with wanderer fortune, dragon hoard and fey enchants, vip help too with boxes content.
    - a lot of inventory space meaning bags or bank space
    - run sharandar everyday, really worth it for stones and crafting fey enchants.
    - keep every rp materialq for use during x2 sublimation week end.
    - ah but really pricey

Why i spoke about inventory space ?

Because, sure bondings r12 are a cool thing, but you want ro do the same thing with ALL the others enchants and you'll need a gigantic amount of rp materials to achieve that.
  • alicat22000alicat22000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

Just curious.

You say you are low on ad, how did you managed to get your archon to legendary ?

It's better to have a blue archon with r11 or r12 than a legendary one with r8 or r9.

You need

- a mount with wanderer fortune, dragon hoard and fey enchants, vip help too with boxes content.

- ah but really pricey

Because, sure bondings r12 are a cool thing, but you want ro do the same thing with ALL the others enchants and you'll need a gigantic amount of rp materials to achieve that.

Regarding you telling them that they did it wrong. Maybe because almost every build out on the websites say to do just that, plus 80% of players get annoyed if not using bondings and not ranked high enough, especially in dungeons. All say rank 12 bondings and get companions to epic. I only saw one build so far, where the player refused to use bonding stones at all.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Regarding you telling them that they did it wrong. Maybe because almost every build out on the websites say to do just that, plus 80% of players get annoyed if not using bondings and not ranked high enough, especially in dungeons. All say rank 12 bondings and get companions to epic. I only saw one build so far, where the player refused to use bonding stones at all.

Its not about doing what a build guide tells you to do, its about the proper order of doing things. You get far more benefit from ranking up bondings than you get from just about anything else....and considering the pet itself is far less useful without good level bondings.....there you go.

It's like having an awesome sports car and spending money on the paint job and rims before buying an engine. It looks pretty...but it ain't going to do much.

To OP: Leadership on all toons is a good source of RP also. If you don't have it at 25 yet though, probably just forget that option ;)
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

Just curious.

You need

- ah but really pricey

Companion upgrade tokens perhaps?

Upgrading a companion to legendary with AD is a waste, you get way better bang for the buck if you buy/get companion augmentation/whatever boxes, and open those on 2x enchants, and use the upgrade tokens from those and sell the enchants...
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    On ps4 boxs sell between 45k and 60k so i'm not sure this is the best way to achieve that at all unless you are lucky enought to get the tokens in a few boxs.
    Post edited by diloul31 on