test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag in SP:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
https://youtu.be/pNgzKG08wiE?t=160

This is not client side lag, as it is fairly obvious when the boss doesn't spawn due to lag it is a server side problem.

@mimicking#6533 it would be nice to see this resolved, or @nitocris83, thanks.

Comments

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Oh...yes....this is almost the normal situation in SP. This is such a nice dungeon, but a lot of times unplayable.
    Or is this the way to make the dungeon "hardcore" for elite players?
    Thx for recording and posting

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It's a nightmare. Many times is unplayable.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    spideymt said:

Oh...yes....this is almost the normal situation in SP. This is such a nice dungeon, but a lot of times unplayable.
    Or is this the way to make the dungeon "hardcore" for elite players?
    Thx for recording and posting

idk @spideymt but the amount of lag in sp makes me not want to run this dungeon, since it is super frustrating. There is also the bug with the dreadnaught mob that has an aoe much larger than the circle indicates.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

idk @spideymt but the amount of lag in sp makes me not want to run this dungeon, since it is super frustrating. There is also the bug with the dreadnaught mob that has an aoe much larger than the circle indicates.

Yipp. Its hard to find "my" group to run SP. For my class its a horror scenario if you try to avoid some circles. Like you said. Its frustrating. No statement till now from any official?

• wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    It's a feature.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    @nitocris83 we would really appreciate if some looking into this lag was done, the state of this dungeon is quite frankly appalling which is a pity since when it doesn't lag it is my favourite dungeon to run.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Was doing great on my run, then came the lag and the 2nd boss. It pisses me off they designed a boss like this that's impossible to do with lag. Those mirrors are HORRIBLE!!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2017
    As far as I know, they are aware of the issue, but I'll bug Julia about it more tomorrow to make sure they are even more aware.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

As far as I know, they are aware of the issue,

Thats a point i never gonna understand...how can the community be sure that such issues are known and they gonna talk to the devs about it? Where can i see a "list" with known bugs and if they gonna try to fix it or they got other stuff to fix before?
    I just wanna know if the devs aware off the issues and if they gonna make something to fix it. Why do we get theese responses so rare from the devs or from any official?

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Agreed. Lag seen in all phases: single mob pulls, large mob pulls, isolated boss scenarios, standing at a campfire.

Lag is so bad, some mobs (like the Maw) get stuck in walls and are unkillable. With a dungeon that requires timing and coordination on bosses, and knowledge of bosses' special mechanics, the lag makes the dungeon unplayable.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Lag is indeed a problem for this dungeon but at the same time this is nothing compared to what tanks have to face w.r.t CN or rather orcus.. nothing this dungeon lags against is nowhere close to what a tank has to bear with orcus.. the only thing that remotely hits hard is the dreadnought. The only problem why dps have a problem is nothing short of the abuse tanks has to suffer when lag occurs at CN. While I have agreed that lag in general has to resolved with better design it honestly doesn't make up for the fact that most of the time tanks or rather support classes who hold aggro bearing the brunt of the burden is far often penalised. The game rarely has anything where the dps isn't spoonfed. This is entirely what I've observed and my opinion and none of what I've said reflects on the community that plays a tank (gf,op)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating! Lag issues can come from a number of factors so lag on one aspect of the game is often related to something different which makes lag issue investigation a bit more challenging.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

Escalating! Lag issues can come from a number of factors so lag on one aspect of the game is often related to something different which makes lag issue investigation a bit more challenging.

Thank you.
    I run SP many times in the last weeks and I'm really frustrated. Currently I'm saying "no" to many requests to play it.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF